Questions about side missions in EVO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about side missions in EVO

Last night, myself and some guys decided to pick up a side mission in EVO. It was to take out some armor in a city way down south.

5 of us assembled and got organized. By the time we arranged our squad, our weapoons and our chopper, I received a message saying we had 5 minutes left.

Q#1.

Where was I originally told of the time limitation? Was it in the readme screen I received when I chose the mission? I admit that I did not read it in its entirety.

Next, we went to a location near the mission marker by Heli transport, but got shot down. Everyone bailed form the Heli. This is absolute proof we were very close to the armor at our LZ. Green tracers, like those typical of shilkas and BDRMs, shot us down.

As jumpers from the Heli, we survived. We proceeded to cautiously approach the town. About 5 minutes into our approach (and clearly after the timer), I noticed that the yellow mission marker that had been on my Map was gone.

Q#2.

What does it means when the yellow mission marker has dropped off your map?

We proceeded to where the markers used to be, but the city was empty. 90 minutes of zero contact with the enemy culminating in zero armor present.

Q#3.

Where did the armor go? Did they drive somewhere else or did they just "de spawn" from the world?

Sleepdoc
    Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Re: Questions about side missions in EVO

It was certainly a long training exercise last night, hehe.

Comment

Happened to all SLs Sleepdoc, dont worry ;)

AFAIK, mission time limit is 30 min. That's why it is best to make all preparations before accepting the mission and hit the road/take off as soon as it is received.

When the marker goes, mission ends and enemy units will disappear.

Comment

@John C,

hehe. LOL. I just realized that John CANaver and John C were the same people.

Thank you sir.

@UnDead,

Actually, I was trained to be a squad lead a while back in a mission exactly like the one we did last night. My trainer always chose missions where no enemy existed so our "activities" would not be interuppted by actually getting shot at. It gauranteed that procedures could be drilled in repeatedly without interuption. So let's just pretend it was a SL/SM training mission.

LOL

: )

Sleepdoc
        Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

Comment

The time limit kicks in as soon as the mission is accepted. If the mission marker disappears, then the mission is over, either completed or failed.

If you're after a convoy, they will start moving once you engage them. Hit hard on the initial assault or you'll be chasing them down. The convoy mission can be done in a split second if your team is organized. Take 5 guys and each man targets one vehicle.... give a fire order and the mission is over in one click. Easy points if you're trying to rank up on another server.
          |TG|Switch

Better known as:
          That noob who crashed the chopper.
          That noob who ran over the mine.
          That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
          That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
            ..................Easy points if you're trying to rank up on another server.
            Hi Switch,

What do you mean "On another server"?

As far as I know, any points I earn on the TG EVO server only effects my rank on the TG EVO server. If I go to any other server, that rank is not present. I start at the bottom. And if the TG EVO server resets, so does my rank and my points.

Am I wrong? Can I carry my points to other servers?
            Sleepdoc

Comment

I think what he means is it's easy points if you're playing on a ranked server.
              | | |

Comment

That's what I meant. On our server you can walk right in and basically use all the hardware. Other servers may require significant points to get the vehic you want (100+ in some cases)
                |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                That noob who crashed the chopper.
                That noob who ran over the mine.
                That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X