Javelins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javelins

I am assuming that the Javelins ingame are not multimode like the ones in real life, these ones I assume only possess direct attack. But my question comes in this... Do these Javelins target helicopters as well as ground vehicle as they do in real life? I have yet to get a chance to test this theory

Re: Javelins

the javeline is not anti air. it doesnt target aircraft. even in real life and yes theone in gameis single mode

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
      the javeline is not anti air. it doesnt target aircraft. even in real life and yes theone in gameis single mode
      In real life they can be used on helicopters. Don't know about in-game.

Comment

i'd never heard of that!, nice to know.

Comment

Someone was saying last night that they can engage helicopters, but I haven't seen it myself.

Comment

Most things that get locks in game, will lock onto anything. Example, you can lock a stinger onto ground vehicles. I would assume the same is true for a javelin. While this worked in 1.07, I haven't tried in 1.08 so it may have changed.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

just an observation about javelins, they're really weird in game. It seems like you need to be at least a couple hundred meters away for them to work right and you definitely need line of sight with nothing in your way. At close range they seem to work half the time, the other half they hit (or look like it hit) but do no damage. Shooting at a down angle is weird with them too but that's an issue with all weapons. Most the time I find the m136 better since you can carry multiple rounds and it actually works if you hit the armor
              |TG-Irr| Snake Doc

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ck9yNmlcRc

Im not sure about its AA capabilities, but the Javelin is one of my favourite weapons. However, it helps if the target is at a large distance, with no objects in the way. As you can see from the video, it pops up, and fires high before dropping to target, so keep that in mind. M136 should be used for close work, jav for distance kills.

Comment

Here's a bit more flesh on the real time weapon, note the kill distances quoted.

"Continued Javelin procurement will provide the U.K. forces with one of the most precise and lethal weapons on the battlefield for many years in the future," said Col. Lloyd E. McDaniels, the U.S. Army's project manager at U.S. Army Close Combat Weapon Systems. "Also, the Javelin's integrated day and thermal night sights provide the soldier with the ability to perform surveillance missions and increases situational awareness to the commander and Javelin gunners and ensures both operational and logistic interoperability with U.S. Army, Marine and Special Operation Forces."

With this award, Javelin becomes the U.K.'s premier anti-armor/assault weapon and will be fielded with light rapid reaction forces, mechanized forces and now the armored forces. Javelin will provide the latest man-portable, anti-tank weapon capability that can be used day or night. With a range of up to 2,500 metres, using long-wave imaging infrared technology, it will allow for deployment by a single soldier and can be fired from within a confined space. The Light Forces component of the Javelin program will enter service in 2005. Javelin will provide a medium-range anti-tank missile for the British Army's Armored Ground Component (AGC) requirement.The AGC Javelin program will enter service in 2007.

Javelin is in service with the U.S. Army and Marine Corps and has been used extensively on operations including Operation Iraqi Freedom. Along with the U.K. selection of Javelin, other commonwealth nations that have already procured Javelin include Australia and New Zealand. Javelin is also on order for the armed forces of several other countries and is being evaluated for integration onto ground and naval platforms.

"Javelin and our U.K. team members are very pleased that the U.K. has put its trust in us to deliver such an important capability to the British Army and Royal Marines," said Michael Crisp, Javelin Joint Venture president. "The Javelin system is the world's only combat-proven medium range fire-and-forget anti-armor system. I look forward to continuing our relationship with world- class U.K. teammates to bring a combat proven, highly effective, low risk, value for money solution to the British armed forces."

Then if you're realy want to get deep into it go here >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FGM-148_Javelin
                  Last edited by Barnaby; 07-02-2007, 03:18 PM.
                  "I like a man who grins when he fights"
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...