Quick Key questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Key questions

1)How does one reach the gun in a stryker. I can open the hatch, but th gun is above me.

2)When dealing with AI, I know how to assign people to a FT (red,blue, etc) but how does one order a FT to do something?

3) What is the easiest way to order a AI-controlled vehicle that you are not in to go to a certain place.

4)Will vehicles accept formation commands. (example, I have 2 humvees and I want them in line to provide support fire)

Thanks

Re: Quick Key questions

1)How does one reach the gun in a stryker. I can open the hatch, but th gun is above me.

Press the default key of "NumPad 0", this brings up your gun optics

2)When dealing with AI, I know how to assign people to a FT (red,blue, etc) but how does one order a FT to do something?

The easiest way is to hold down shift and press the F-Key of any of the members of that team, that will then select all members of that color team. Alternatively, if you hold down the command button (SpaceBar by default) w/o selecting a unit (or all) before, the command menu will appear in the upper right hand corner that you can then scroll through to select the team

3) What is the easiest way to order a AI-controlled vehicle that you are not in to go to a certain place.

If you are also driving, order them to fall into formation and they should follow you in their vehicle. Note: They will often lose track of you if there are a lot of twists and turns since they are not the best at negotiating them at the same speed humans drive. You may need to periodically stop and give them a "move to" order to a spot near you to catch up, then "return to formation" then you should be good to go again. Another note: If you have multipe AI in a vehicle, try to gove move orders to only the driver since sometimes if you select all of them, some might get out of the vehicle they are in and go on foot!

4) Will vehicles accept formation commands. (example, I have 2 humvees and I want them in line to provide support fire)

They should, but Magnum discovered that they will only form a column since patch 1.08. I'm gonna ask about this in the BIS forums
    Last edited by loyalguard; 07-03-2007, 10:56 AM. Reason: added info
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Thanks, a clarification on #2.

What I am trying to accomplish is, when I am the gunner in one vehicle, I want to order another vehicle to move into another position. I see the other vehcle as F2, but it is hard to be percise(or even close to percise) in movement orders for the other vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Donagel View Post
        What I am trying to accomplish is, when I am the gunner in one vehicle, I want to order another vehicle to move into another position. I see the other vehcle as F2, but it is hard to be percise(or even close to percise) in movement orders for the other vehicle.
        Depending on the difficulty (and possibly other mission/server settings since some will not allow it), you may want to swtich to 3rd Person View (default key is "Numpad Enter"). This will put your POV above and behind your vehicel. This will make it much easier for you to be precise in your "move to" commands. Barring that, switch to map view, select the unit(s), and click on the spot on the map you want them to go (not great for very short range accuracy but generally effective). Other than that I'm not sure. OFP used to allow commands like "Move East, 50 meters" but I do not think those are available in ArmA. Good luck!
        LoyalGuard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X