SM and ArmA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SM and ArmA?

Is there no method for allowing SM's to join the server when full? Kindof removes a good deal of incentive for being one.

Re: SM and ArmA?

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
    Is there no method for allowing SM's to join the server when full? Kindof removes a good deal of incentive for being one.
    Well, I just asked khan, I guess they've never had to boot a non-SM off the server before. I wanted to play, but its full as of right now @ 8:18CDT.

Comment

This is the first I've ever heard of the server filling up.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

A script is in the works to take care of this. A good problem to take care of.

Comment

I'm also wondering if the max. population (30) was lowered for an event? I eventually got through.

Comment

This is fantastic 30 players. For now talk to an admin and he will open a slot for you. SMs have precedence over non SMs.
            --
            VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

What a nice problem to have :)

Comment

Originally posted by John CANavar View Post
                What a nice problem to have :)
                Yeah, I said that was pretty good though. Nice to see it maxing out.

Comment

Last night, Tha_Khan came on line during our pre planned session and asked if there were any Non SM's who could step off to make room for SM's. I offered to be that person. I was then almost immediately told not to worry about it anymore, becuase slots had just opened. So I assume that you did not have to wait long.

Is this correct?

Glenn
                  Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

I've actually never seen it full, but we have a standing policy from December that SMs can request a slot via TS.

Comment

Its going to happen more and more I bet...I've been playing this title since it's European release in December. I put it down for a bit until 1.08 came out. When I first started you'd be lucky to have 5 players on. Today, on any random night, you are likely to see 15-20 players. It's built and they are coming.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                        Its going to happen more and more I bet...I've been playing this title since it's European release in December. I put it down for a bit until 1.08 came out. When I first started you'd be lucky to have 5 players on. Today, on any random night, you are likely to see 15-20 players. It's built and they are coming.
                        I've been shuttling people in the direction of TG via the ArmA tactics guide since it launched in late April, I think that's probably helping some. It's still getting a very high viewership on a daily basis, and being on the main site of the game helps a bit as well. :)

With the open nature of the TG servers and the admin presence available, TG should be the biggest public teamwork-oriented ArmA server around in no time. I will be very surprised if that doesn't happen.

Comment

Thanks for the support Dslyecxi.
                          --
                          VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepdoc View Post
                            Last night, Tha_Khan came on line during our pre planned session and asked if there were any Non SM's who could step off to make room for SM's. I offered to be that person. I was then almost immediately told not to worry about it anymore, becuase slots had just opened. So I assume that you did not have to wait long.

Is this correct?

Glenn
                            Heh, that was me that left. I was changing some settings and my hard drive pretty much just stopped working, so Mosely got to come in. Thanks for offering though.
                            "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X