A couple of questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions

I guess you get this alot, but i'm seriously considering buying ArmA: Armed assualt. So here's a few questions i'd like to ask.

1. Since I live in Europe, will I be able to play with you Americans. (Since I belive your game's called Combat operations?)

2. I've read about this Evolution mod(mode?) which seems kinda cool... Is it a mod that you must download to play or is it embedded in the game itself?

3. If I can run every BF2 setting on high, will the graphics look good on ArmA? (I hear the requierments are pretty high)

4. I know you can jump into ongoing missions, but is there some kind of ATC, mission script. And also can you be a CO on the battlefield or is it AI controlled?

5. Do you play against AI?

If you answer these questions I may consider buying ArmA sooner than expected ;P
    ​​​​​​​

Re: A couple of questions

Originally posted by Crawlingeye View Post
    I guess you get this alot, but i'm seriously considering buying ArmA: Armed assualt. So here's a few questions i'd like to ask.

1. Since I live in Europe, will I be able to play with you Americans. (Since I belive your game's called Combat operations?)

2. I've read about this Evolution mod(mode?) which seems kinda cool... Is it a mod that you must download to play or is it embedded in the game itself?

3. If I can run every BF2 setting on high, will the graphics look good on ArmA? (I hear the requierments are pretty high)

4. I know you can jump into ongoing missions, but is there some kind of ATC, mission script. And also can you be a CO on the battlefield or is it AI controlled?

If you answer these questions I may consider buying ArmA sooner than expected ;P
    1.) Yes.

2.) It's a mission, not a mod. It alters no games files. When you connect to the server it downloads the mission, it's maybe 3MB.

3.) Post your specs, please. They're completely different games.

4.) I don't know what you mean by the first part, but COs are not supported by Evo - but TG occasionally has a platoon commander who issues strategic commands. This isn't done using features ingame - it's like fireteams in BF2, it's not supported by the engine but some people make do with their limited functionality because it's still quite useful.

5.) Yes.

Comment

If I understand the documentation correctly, patch 1.08 made it so everyone can play together.

You are not required to download anything but the patch to get the full TG experience with this game. Evolution is built in.

You'll probably have no trouble; keep in mind, though, that ArmA is more CPU-intensive than other games.

Everything takes place in one absolutely enormous map. Mission scripts define the missions in certain small portions of the map.

In general, there is no CO in the game, except as defined by the players. There's no special slot for it like there is in BF2.

Yes, although they're remarkably talented compared to the AI in other games. Also, you can play *with* AI if you don't have enough people for your mission.

I hope these answers are sufficient.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the responces, that's all I need to know.
        Will probably buy ArmA within the next few days... see you on the battlefield!
        ​​​​​​​

Comment

Ha, another victim added to the list...we are going to have to increase the alloted number of players soon....
          "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X