WWC Returning Home, V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWC Returning Home, V2

I played this map briefly on another server. It was towards the end, so I don't know how the whole thing goes, but I think it might go over well with us -- so could someone who knows how find this and set it up for us?
    Last edited by peardog; 07-06-2007, 08:28 AM.
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: WWC Returning Home, V2

I spent a few hours playing this -- definitely a good shake up from the evo routine.

The mission starts off at a base under siege. Alot of fun destroying a hoard of attacking AI. Expect to die alot. After a few hundred of them are dead the objective changes to attacking an armor stock pile. After the armor reserves are destroyed, the objective then changes to clearing a city.

Thats as far as I got before the server died down and I left.

Air assets are minimal. LB's for transport and attack. Most of the fighting will be on the ground. Good stuff for squad work.

The AI is much better than in evo. Aggressive when you're in their zone. I landed an LB out of a fighting area and found a full squad sprinting to my position to take me out.

I highly recommend we give this a run through with at least 10 people. I think it'll be enjoyed by all.
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

MAP REVIEW: SILENT SCREAM - COOP Mission

Nice work Switch... I want to start Getting Review or Player Thoughts on Particular maps out there... So when folks go into the COOP server they are not overwhelmed...

AS for my 2 Cents... Silent SCREAM.. ( I believe that's whats it's called).. It will take a good 4 guys+, 3 hours or so to finish it.. and there are multiple objectives etc... A Very nice Mission.
      It will start out slowly but the mission success really depends on how you want to start and the direction you take. Also what I found really really neat... There is a THOUGHT element in place...with the aspect of some equipment you find in the game, which I completely missed the first time around... The second time another player said..lets try @@@@ and what do you know... Perfect!! If the AUthor put that in on purpose then KUDOS to them!.. It really shows the openness and flexibility of the game.
      The Ending is a bit of a let down... Kinda like a good movie that just ends...nothing special..

But all in all I give it a 8/10 -1 for ending!... and the other point will never happen (no 10/10 missions will be made)..

Go play it with a few buddies... :)
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

how do we get these maps on our non evo server --- and how do I vote myself admin so I can select missions on an empty server?
        |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
          how do we get these maps on our non evo server --- and how do I vote myself admin so I can select missions on an empty server?
          PM Strag, Panzer, Shiner, or Big C about putting the map on the server. As far as using the server your questions can be answered: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ncements-sops/
          and here:http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...-commands.html
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Shiner has announced that this mission is loaded! HURRAY!
            |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

The author joined and there is a new version in the works. This is a really nice find as Panzer, Switch, Loyal and some others played through the majority of the mission and really liked it.

Comment

Switch..Nice call on this Mission!! .. Very nice play (especially the first 20 minutes or so!!) ...Alos..Pack a Lunch since it will take you and your close 10 buddies or so... 3+ hours!!..
                This may be the Non EVO COOP Prospect for a COOP... It's LONG!!.. VARIED (Helos and inf are used etc..), and stable... We can break into Squads/fireteams etc.. and run them from TS..

Just my 2 cents//\\
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

The author has stated a new version will be released this weekend! Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
                    Switch..Nice call on this Mission!! .. Very nice play (especially the first 20 minutes or so!!) ...Alos..Pack a Lunch since it will take you and your close 10 buddies or so... 3+ hours!!..
                    This may be the Non EVO COOP Prospect for a COOP... It's LONG!!.. VARIED (Helos and inf are used etc..), and stable... We can break into Squads/fireteams etc.. and run them from TS..

Just my 2 cents//\\
                    We played this mission yesterday for 5 hrs & 56 min and everyone one of them was a blast. It took us a "little" longer I think because most of the time we only had 4-5 guys. I predict this mission getting heavy rotation at TG. I don't want to spoil mission replay, but here is a little group picture from yesterday:

LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post
                      We played this mission yesterday for 5 hrs & 56 min and everyone one of them was a blast. It took us a "little" longer I think because most of the time we only had 4-5 guys. I predict this mission getting heavy rotation at TG. I don't want to spoil mission replay, but here is a little group picture from yesterday:

Yeah it was absolutely awesome. I really enjoyed playing it! :)

Comment

I believe the newer versions of this map remove the AH's leaving everything to ground pounders. Much more squad intensive that way. None of that "Oh CAS where art thow" Also, it prevents them from completing a mission in 30 seconds that youve been planning for an hour. Grounded fly boys ftw!
                        |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

That's a fantastic shot Loyal !

Comment

Heh..It took longer to pose the shot then it did to complete the mission I suppose... Nice Photo Work!!
                            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Latest version is on the server

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse