The Paras!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Paras!!!!

Hello, Im writing in monty python esque style lettre to complain abotu the lack of gentleman on this forum. its all well and might having americans here but I feel we are lackign in any elegance that the british society could bring to this operation.
    But seriously, I think it would be good, atleast for me and barnaby, to see if we coudl persuade some more brits to play this game, otherwise when im online no one else is and it makes me feel very lonely. Any ideas how we can increase teh diversity within our members????
    (bye the way the post is called the paras, because the paras are the elite UK troops, and hopefully we could have an english squad)
    Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Re: The Paras!!!!

thats the problem with brits -- they don't want to learn to speak american

:P
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Although many witty responses coe to mind, I will refrain.

: )

Actually, I'm surprised at the low Brit count. Brits are huge fans of realistic tac sims. And coop play. all the clans for Ghost recona nd SWAT etc that I have been in through the years had a disproportionate number of funny accents in them.

I'm surprised theya re not here in droves. Hell. didn't you guys get a version well in advance of the rest of us "revolutionaries"?
      Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

Agreed I believe there is always more time for Tea In Arma
        I came I saw I got blowed UP

Comment

TEA!!!!! ARE YOU TRYING TO MOCK ME!!! lol
          It pimms anyway, thats what a true english man drinks constantly. But these days (as bill bailey says), the english are just a bunch of lazy, illiterate, wheezey, fornicating fatherless men.
          But there are some nice cafes in ocrazol, i will bring th esilver tea set, if you get the twinnings! lol
          Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Well as an ex UK Para real time I'll add some comment to the main point here.

There are Many **Clans** running ArmA here in the UK & through Europe.
            But none that I found who are as able to do the TACTICAL approach that TG does.

I have migrated here from the clan I was in, [ http://forums.vs-uk.co.uk/] which is similar in size and multiple game types to here, but just not as organised as you my American cousins.
            I now devote most of my online time to the TG server and I am very grateful to the welcome I have been given.

The only problem I experience is the server ping it is some 3 times the average back over in the UK but the game experience with TG more than makes up for it.

As for tea & Tabnabs, all drinks taste the same when drunk from an empty bean can cooked over a fire in the burning ruins of a fought over town.
            Warm & wet is the best u can get.

Anyway it's great that you are here - thanks guys

Barnaby
            "I like a man who grins when he fights"
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Seconded, the team play on this server can be amazing!!! Im afraid Im off though for a while soon, going to liverpool uni to do a course on aerospace enginering for a week (going in a flight simulator), then im in weymouth doing enginering managment, and then finally i am going to barcelona!!! (on tour with an orchestra)
              Dont forget me!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=alexandermottram;745051]TEA!!!!! ARE YOU TRYING TO MOCK ME!!! lol

Never Sir I would never mock an englishman

:P
                I came I saw I got blowed UP

Comment

I'm happy to report that Finestyle and Jeepo (members of the 1st) do make regular appearances on the server and are likely to continue. Fine is from SE England and Jeepo resides in Ireland (Northern, I believe). Look for them UK guys...they are great team players....hmmm who am I missing??
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                    Fine is from SE England
                    Bah! Southerners... NW you mean :) Manchester to be exact :)

Red and Proud :D
                    It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                    - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Originally posted by Finestyle View Post
                      Bah! Southerners... NW you mean :) Manchester to be exact :)

Red and Proud :D
                      My apologies mate...
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                        I'm happy to report that Finestyle and Jeepo (members of the 1st) do make regular appearances on the server and are likely to continue. Fine is from SE England and Jeepo resides in Ireland (Northern, I believe). Look for them UK guys...they are great team players....hmmm who am I missing??
                        ME :D though ive arma installed ive not quite found the time to drop in, will be doing so shortly!

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

As long as your not a scouser Fine, its all good with me!:) And yes, im still here guys, absent at the min, hoping to make a trriumphant return, between RL, and now another damn technical problem with my PC that i simply cant even stomach trying to fix yet, could be a while...:(

Comment

But I am a Scouser Jeepo the CAPITAL of Ireland.

I suppose the "not a scouser" means you're a Man U RED while I'm a Lar-pool RED, but then we're both owned by Americans now.

I suppose we will just have to be BROTHERS IN ARMS.
                            "I like a man who grins when he fights"
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...