PvP+AI Map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PvP+AI Map

I don't know what the map was called, but its on our non evo server.

Three groups.
    SLA,
    RACS
    US

One side is Racs and US.
    The US have two Harrier GBU's in play.
    The Racs have 2 (maybe 3, dont recall) medium size squads that can be all human.
    The SLA have 2 human sized squads and a compliment of AI like raiding an evo city.

The SLA must defend two positions and prevent them from being destroyed as a primary objective.

Secondary Objective is to protect the shilkas, as they're keeping the GBU's at bay.

If the RACS team can inflitrate the city and destroy the shilkas, it will be safe for the harriers to swoop in.

They can also decide to screw the fly boys and go straight for the objective destruction.

This map will play better than standard CoopVsAi since you actually need to be concerned with the movements of human players on top of AI fools.

No respawns.

Don't know what it was called, but im sure someone here does as it was someone else playing with map rotation as admin.
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: PvP+AI Map

We played it and I didn't like it.

First off, I only had control of two AIs plus a human (Switch). The other 30 or so AIs just stood around the main base the SLA side is supposed to defend. There were two other buildings, closer to the enemy base, where 15 more AI stood around. The lack of control really ruined any team aspect, and I believe that the mission was designed so that these extra AI are unable to be played as.

Ten minutes into the round I looked at my map and there was a marker showing exactly where the Blufor team was. They were driving around in a UAZ and Switch droves us over to them in our own UAZ. I quickly gunned down the two enemies and their AI. They became seagulls, and the map continued. I don't know for sure, but I suspect the rest of the Bluefor team was standing around their home base, doing nothing just like the SLA troops.

Comment

Re: PvP+AI Map

We played that TvT with only 4 people... I think the shortcomings are more a fault of not enough human players. The AI is set up so that the attacking force cant just fly in and go straight for an objective.... It would take alot more human players to canvas that much space.

As for appearing on map -- that may have been a result of them taking a UAZ, I'm not sure.

Anyway, I think it could be alot of fun full with a full human compliment. The AI are only there to augment the defenses by taking up space so the offense can't rush head long.
      |TG|Switch

Better known as:
      That noob who crashed the chopper.
      That noob who ran over the mine.
      That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
      That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X