Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having trouble getting your officers loaded ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble getting your officers loaded ?

Have no fear!! I have a solution!!

This pertains to a frustrating situation where a squad has captured an Officer and would like to extract him with the help of a helo. As Im sure many of have tried this with minimal success(ie. trouble getting everyone on the helo for dust-off), here is the solution.

-First thing, make sure your SL has control of the officer.

-Second, have everyone(that wants a ride back to base at least) board the chopper WITHOUT the officer, making sure to leave him off and leave an empty spot for the him.(the reason is once the officer is onboard, noone else will be able to get on the chopper)

-Third, once all soldiers are onboard, the SL will then order the officer to get in the helo.

-Lastly, once you succussfully return to the POW camp, land the helo and everyone EXCEPT for the officer must disembark first(pilot too). At that point the SL can then call the officer off of the helo and into the camp.

Hope this helps and gets those polyester pirates outta there faster and easier for you all ;)
    Dizlor

Re: Having trouble getting your officers loaded ?

Why do you have to do it in that order? Why can't the idiot just follow orders that the men with assault rifles are giving him?
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Officers are brave, they probably hunt with Cheney.
      |TG|Switch

Better known as:
      That noob who crashed the chopper.
      That noob who ran over the mine.
      That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
      That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

According to article 69 paragraph 3, enemy officers often lack understanding of enemy soldiers yelling at them in a foreign language. Having your troops perform the movement you would like the POW to do prior to barking at him greatly increases his understanding of what it is he is supposed to do.

RTFM nubs!

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
        "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
        - Wulfyn

Comment

lol

Thanks for the tip gogeta

Comment

I bet if someone pointed a gun at me and used his free hand to point at the helicopter, I'd understand pretty damn well what he wanted me to do.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
              I bet if someone pointed a gun at me and used his free hand to point at the helicopter, I'd understand pretty damn well what he wanted me to do.
              Unfortunately you'd get shot for trying to hump the fuselage.

DOH!

"The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
              - Wulfyn

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                -Lastly, once you succussfully return to the POW camp, land the helo and everyone EXCEPT for the officer must disembark first(pilot too).
                There goes my idea of telling the officer to eject at a high altitude...

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                  There goes my idea of telling the officer to eject at a high altitude...
                  ROFL!! I woulda elbowed him a bit to nudge him off but I didnt want to lose my own balance.
                  Dizlor

Comment

In all seriousness, I saw Gogeta make this work last night.

As a guy who plays dedicated heli transport from time to time, I have attempted to be part of flying officers out of the territory and into the POW camp many times. It always fails at some level. I think this was the first time it went flawlessly. from getting in to getting them into the camp and getting the points success message.

This is becuase Gogeta understood the nature of the "bug" and devised a systematic approach to working around it.

Thanks for letting us know. I hope all the other dedicated pilots out there read this. Becuase we are the central point of contact when this bug takes hold. If the heli transport guys know this, they can teach it to the guys trying to get their POWs on board when the bug rears its head.
                    Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJoe View Post
                      According to article 69 paragraph 3, enemy officers often lack understanding of enemy soldiers yelling at them in a foreign language. Having your troops perform the movement you would like the POW to do prior to barking at him greatly increases his understanding of what it is he is supposed to do.

RTFM nubs!
                      Its a bug goofball.... The SL can command him to enter the chopper and he will... Its the soldiers left on the ground after the fact that cant get on the chopper after hes on it :P
                      Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                        Its a bug goofball.... The SL can command him to enter the chopper and he will... Its the soldiers left on the ground after the fact that cant get on the chopper after hes on it :P
                        LOL Gogeta. I think Sloppies post was completely "tongue in cheek" and not intended to be taken seriously.
                        Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepdoc View Post
                          LOL Gogeta. I think Sloppies post was completely "tongue in cheek" and not intended to be taken seriously.
                          Whoa... is it "tongue in cheek" ??? I never use that but Ive always thought it was "tongue and cheek" rofl I never understood it so thats probly why I never used it xD

Thanks for the clarification Sleep :P

I was totally like... "theres a manual?" LOL

/shakesfistatSlop
                          Dizlor

Comment

OK doc, no more sneaking into the morphine cabinet :)

- Wulfyn

Comment

LOL sloppy. Sorry for talking on your behalf. but I thought you were kidding and that Gogeta missed it.

and yes. the expression is Tongue IN cheek. Have you ever noticed how people press their tongue against their cheek inside tehir mouth when they are being humorous? that is the origin of the expression I believe.
                              Sleepdoc

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X