Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Idea.

Hey Gents.

I've been thinking about a mod, wish I could create it but i can't. Anyways here is the idea and if anyone can make it. Please I think it will add an extra important role to the game.

Sniper, he is pretty useless in game. Some may disagree and I accept that 100%. But it's not just a guy with a scoped gun in a Sniper Team. We need a Spotter spot. This having a scope with range finder on it. This would help immensely. If the Sniper has no idea how to use pips effectively and quickly then he/she may need more then one shot on one target. Thus giving away the position. If we had a spotter class spot, then the spotter can give out position, and distance+how many pips +/- to use. In doing so, would give a sniper a One shot kill 99% of the time. Thus giving a higher probability of taking out squads QUICKLY.

Also, it would increase the chance of close support to a sniper. Having a guy whit binoc's is helpful, don't get me wrong, but it isn't the same, the sniper still has to do 95% of the work, Ranging, Pips, and firing. If we could eliminate the Ranging and Pips for the sniper, he could worry about moving the scope over and up/down(for pips) and taking the shot. Spotter then varify's kill/miss, and moves to next target. The comm's would go something like this.

Spotter: "Sniper, rifleman, 500m, 1 o'clock low, Stationary, use 1 3/4 high."
    Sniper: "Insight, Rifleman, use 1 3/4 high, firing"
    Spotter: "Clear good kill, UAZ Gun, 12 o'clock low, 600m, Stationary, use 2 3/4 high"
    Sniper: "Insight, UAZ gun, use 2 3/4 high, firing"
    Spotter: "Clear good kill" and so on if needed.

The spotter would also be a Chan commander. Asking Command if permission to fire on targets.

Thoughts on the idea?

Re: Mod Idea.

I think it's a fantastic idea for a mod.
    | | |

Comment

I like the idea of a spotter, but I'm not so sure of its implementation.. You could have a spotter now and arm him with an SPR while the sniper has an M24. He could help spot and range targets, while having a semi-auto rifle to protect the sniper. The mil-dot scope can already be used to accurately calculate range and the hold over point is just something you have to know or have written down.

BTW, this might interest you as well. Someone has managed to make a mod for adjustable scopes.
      http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...0;t=65706;st=0
      TG Regular
      TGU Staff
      ShackTac FNG

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
      Evil Koala
      LeftSkidLow

Comment

Someone's a fan of the movie Shooter ;)

Just kidding, this would be awesome if it was included in the game. Hopefully it gets incorporated in a mod pack. I completely agree with the need for a useful spotter role. Good ideas.

Comment

Haha. Yes Shooter was a good movie, but the thoughts been up in the head for a while. I have yet to find a game that properly implements a spotter spot. It may be boring, but so is a sniper, technically you don't fire on a target, you're there for recon.

But i do think that a mod like this, maybe implemented in ACE, would add more for the sniper. Taking out a flanking enemy squad while the platoon is worried about a large scale frontal would be immensely helpful. Two snipers, 2 spotter. Targets down quickly and then they can give up to date recon about the frontal attack and so on.

Agnew

Comment

No, if he was a fan of the movie, he wouldn't add a spotter position, because the spotter gets torn up by the helicopter in the very beginning, inspiring the protagonist to whip out the .50 caliber rifle.

This suggestion, to get back on topic, is excellent.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Dam Ednos. and I was about to go rent the movie. you spoiler you!

:)

<joke>
              Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

That was only the first scene! There are HOURS of homemade napalm to follow. I have spoiled nothing.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X