Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Mission

    Hey guys.

    I was on a server today playing a mission called Urban Engagements. I looked round for a while and came across a clan who made it. I spoke to one of the leaders and he sent me an e-mail with the PBO attached. As I am sure he does not want everyone to have it, I will send it to the ArmA server admins so they can upload it.

    Heres a rundown(from what i saw) of that Urban Engagements is.

    Its a 35 person Coop much like Evo, but from what I saw, it was better. Possibly because Evo is now 'old' in some ways, but none the less, I found it more entertaining. You have an FOB, where you spawn. And there are respawnable Blackhawks, just three. There are spots on the map controlled by AI(much more advanced then in EVO, again from what I saw). These spots are not cities like in EVO, but are just an area marked by what we know as Air Cover(in EVO). Now there is air cover, but you don't really know where. Within these area's are cities and forests and so on. So not only do you take a city, you much move through the surrounding plains/forests/mountains to clear this area. From what I saw, these areas can range from covering two cities and surrounding area to a stretch of road. I am not sure is these areas change or are static. I will e-mail this gentleman back to find out more info about the mission.

    This is all from what I witnessed on the server, and enjoyed it fully, I really think we should set it up for a while on the EVO, or COOP server to test it out, and give it a good week or two to see if it is something worth while or not.

    If one of the ArmA server Admins could PM me their e-mail information, I will send it ASAP and hope to see it on the server and people playing it and giving it a shot. I mean, you had to give EVO a shot before you fell in love right ;).

    I think we should try it.
    Agnew

  • #2
    Re: New Mission

    Sounds awesome!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: New Mission

      Please email it to shiner_:at:_tacticalgamer.com.

      Thanks!


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: New Mission

        Originally posted by J.Agnew7 View Post
        I was on a server today playing a mission called Urban Engagements. I looked round for a while and came across a clan who made it. I spoke to one of the leaders and he sent me an e-mail with the PBO attached. As I am sure he does not want everyone to have it, I will send it to the ArmA server admins so they can upload it.
        You took some unnecessary steps there.

        C:\Documents and Settings\(YourAccountName)\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\MPMissionsCache

        All of the MP missions you play are stored there. You simply could have opened that folder and taken the mission from within it, no need to contact a server admin or anything. If you've played it, you have it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: New Mission

          Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
          You took some unnecessary steps there.

          C:\Documents and Settings\(YourAccountName)\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\MPMissionsCache

          All of the MP missions you play are stored there. You simply could have opened that folder and taken the mission from within it, no need to contact a server admin or anything. If you've played it, you have it.
          Great info!

          This has been true in many other games through the years too.

          when I first jioned TG, I asked someone this and was told this wasn't so. I'm glad to see she was wrong......

          Now what was her name again? the one who told me this? oh yea. Miss information.
          Sleepdoc

          My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

          (and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

          I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: New Mission

            Originally posted by Sleepdoc View Post
            Great info!

            This has been true in many other games through the years too.

            when I first jioned TG, I asked someone this and was told this wasn't so. I'm glad to see she was wrong......

            Now what was her name again? the one who told me this? oh yea. Miss information.
            The difference between OFP and ArmA is that OFP stored these in your C:\Operation Flashpoint\MPMissionsCache\ dir. For people who have played OFP, the initial reaction is that since there is no MPMissionsCache folder in the ArmA dir, it does not exist. Instead, as it turns out, they just buried it...

            Comment

            Connect

            Collapse

            TeamSpeak 3 Server

            Collapse

            Advertisement

            Collapse

            Twitter Feed

            Collapse

            Working...
            X