Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broke all the rules and had a ball tonight ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke all the rules and had a ball tonight ....

So I have these buddies from the onlinegamersnetwork that I like to play "no respawn" one death coop in GRAW2 with. Awesome bunch of guys.

Tonight, I came into their teamspeak to play that with them, and they were playing ArmA instead. They had unranked EVO running. They are relatively new at it and clearly have no exposure to other, more organized servers like TG.

1. Great guys ... they didn't have a clue how to play the way we play here.

2. They were grabbing random heavy assets and ransacking towns like crazed meth freaks snorting coke or something.

3. I flew the cobra and slapped the heavies by hanging back, getting locks,a and blasting them with hellfires till my nose bled. Sometimes, i was a tank gunner, crashing through walls and slaughtering troops.

4. After 20 minutes, I finally had them calling compass headings instead of random cat calls for contacts.

5. It was a blast. no rules. No forced discipline. Small numbers of players. Major carnage. funny funny radio comments. Some seroius belly laughs.

Now don't get me wrong. I'll take the TG way over this "other way" ... 20 to 1. But tonight was the "1". It was fun.

It's neat going into a server of good guys who don't have the whole "lets get real organized" thing in their head yet, and watch it start to form while everyone does their best to help eachother and stick together.

Just an interesting observation and expereince i had tonight. A welcomed comic relief if you will. Kinda like the end skit in the benny hill show.

I guess what I am saying is

A-->> Don't forget to have fun.

B-->> Don't forget that the game (ArmA) can provide fun in many and varied ways. try them sometimes......
    Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Re: Broke all the rules and had a ball tonight ....

I hear you .Last night after a long day of work I played vanilla BF2SF with my BF2 friends.Like you said this was just fun,reflexes and laughs etc. I told em I'd be going to Arma for my deeper gaming today but I actually haven't played anywhere but TG so I'll keep your post in mind!

Comment

I agree Sleep. But i do find something amazing in servers with no TS comms. The amount of teamwork is there. Sure, you don't have a set plan, but if you hope in a BH with 5 other guys. You guys land, and you stick with them, there is no Lone wolf. You think "Oh no comms, not to much teamwork" but everywhere I looked, there were groups together and they were not to far off from your flanks. It's amazing what Non Comms teamwork does.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepdoc View Post

2. They were grabbing random heavy assets and ransacking towns like crazed meth freaks snorting coke or something.
        Ok..this is my new Signature... ! NIce!
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
          Ok..this is my new Signature... ! NIce!
          LOL. ROTFLMAO .....
          Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X