Im Blown Away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im Blown Away

Ok I am sure you've heard this before. I just checked out the Arma Demo (wont be getting the game for a week or so) But I must say I am just blown away. I am especially looking forward to getting My own TrackIR thats just incredible..

I get the feeling I am going to be extremely addicted to this..

Lates all
    I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
    It makes small numbers formidable
    procures success to the weak
    and esteem to all.

Re: Im Blown Away

Awesome, get it quick and get on the server!
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Awwwww yeah!!! Another one for the addiction. You'll love this game Hogan. I know it.
      | | |

Comment

1. It is a one of kind game. nothing in the market can compare.

2. the addictive factor is directly related to the time factor. This game cannot be played in 30 minute incrememnts. Inform your wife, girlfreind or both. Put them on notice.

3. The trackir is revolutionary in gaming. However, it is not immediately instinctive for most people. It adds a variable to your level of visual input that might, at first, be too much and somewhat uncomfortable. If you get that sense, then consider turning it off for while as you get comfortable withe feel of a shooter or a heli pilot. When i was first learning helis, the TRACKIR was too much. it overwhelmed my input and disoriented me. Then afte ra couple of weeks of just flying helis i suddenly realized i was so comfortable with heli's i should try again. this time, the TRACKIR was a simple and natural addition to what I was doing and it added an enormous amount of situational awareness. In other words, once i got the other variables ot feel natural, adding one more was just easy.

Good luck and we look forward to seeing you online.
        Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

TrackIR is $170 and I can alt view almost as perfectly as I would like to. It's not worth the money to me personally, even for the amount of flying and Arma playing that I do. My budget is not tight, exactly the opposite, yet I cannot bring myself to spend $170 for what would be just an incremental increase in ability for myself.

Anyway, I expect to see you on the shores of Sahrani soon, Hogan. We'll be waiting. :)

Comment

Originally posted by USARMY_JeonJiHyeon View Post
            TrackIR is $170 and I can alt view almost as perfectly as I would like to. It's not worth the money to me personally, even for the amount of flying and Arma playing that I do. My budget is not tight, exactly the opposite, yet I cannot bring myself to spend $170 for what would be just an incremental increase in ability for myself.

Anyway, I expect to see you on the shores of Sahrani soon, Hogan. We'll be waiting. :)
            You are aware that there are coupons out to take the price down to ~$150, right?

I've been loving my TIR ever since I first messed with it in ArmA. It's an amazing accessory, especially for flight. I've yet to hear from anyone who bought one via that coupon (mine) who has had anything but good experiences with theirs.

Comment

I respect all opinions on TRACKIR. desire of this thing, and the pleasure it gives to the expereince is personal.

I love it. As a soldier, it adds awareness to me. I don't have realt ime magic fingers like some people do with keyboards. I CANNOT ALT-FREELOOK easily when flying and running across a field and snealking around a city. I just can't do it smoothly. but wiht TRACKIR, I can do it without even thinking abotu it. It just happens so naturally i can't get over it.

Also, I fly falcon 4.o nd FSX with it. Its immersive...Maybe you can manage your on board avionics in a tight engagement and keep your eye on the bogie all at the same time in Falcon 4.0. But I can't. Can you keep your eyes on a target in a tight WW2 sim fight? with your fingers? If you can, you are far better with a simple keyboad than i will ever be.

The first time i ever flew with TRackir in IL-2, it was the first time i eever expereinced a near perfect "keep him in sight, and win the fight" engagement in a WW2 sim. Without Padlock view of course. It was a thing of exquisite beauty, and I never turned back. In that one moment (and there have been many since), I knew I had not wasted my money.

Money and how we feel about it is personal. I respect Joen's input. I just thought I would share mine....
              Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X