TrueView Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueView Mod

I just Dl'ed the trueview mod and got everythign where it needs to be and all but didn't know how to actually use it in-game. do you HAVE to have track-ir in order for it to work? I didn't read anything saying so when I was researching the mod. if you don;t nweed track-ir could somweonwwweww wbriwefly explain how to activbate it or use in-game, much appreciated guys!
    PSN= Lethal_420

Re: TrueView Mod

Originally posted by Rookie420 View Post
    I just Dl'ed the trueview mod and got everythign where it needs to be and all but didn't know how to actually use it in-game. do you HAVE to have track-ir in order for it to work? I didn't read anything saying so when I was researching the mod. if you don;t nweed track-ir could somweonwwweww wbriwefly explain how to activbate it or use in-game, much appreciated guys!

Download the mod and unzip it...there should be a directory @TrueView. Move this to the main directory to where Arma is installed (for instance "C:\Program Files\Atari\Arma\").

Once you've done that, you either have to edit your shortcut on the desktop:

Right click on the Shortcut -> Choose Properties and then change the Target line to include the mod folder like so:

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash [email protected]

Next time you use the shortcut, it will load the mod.

It might be easier to use the Kegetys launcher to pick and choose which mods to load at startup. You can find it here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=410

It allows you to catalogue your mods and choose which ones you want to use when you start the game with this script

TrueView works nicely w/o TrackIR although, you won't get all the benefit. It corrects the "zooming" when shouldering your weapon, allowing you to keep a wider FOV. A little more realistic IMHO. You don't need to enable anything in-game for it to work.

HTH
    Last edited by Brewski; 07-24-2007, 04:42 PM. Reason: eff'd up some info

Comment

thanks JAMerica I have it all in the right spot and my command line correct but when in game how do I look with it? befoe the mod you could do the free look of your head just by simply pressing the * at the top right of the num pad? I guess True view seems the same as that to me or am I wrong?
      PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

if you have activated trueview correctly, it is very helpful.

You do not need trackIR to use it. It works just fine in free look as well. But you will not notice it if you didn't take note originally how far freelook allowed you to look before you installed it.

After install, freelook (or trackir) allow you to look more fully behind yourself, down at your legs etc.

Here is the botoom line on True view from a angular view perspective.

#1. TV puts your point of reference squarely where your eyeballs should bein your head..

#2. TV doesnt just account for the angular movement possible in your cervical spine (dems your neck bones). It also adds the additional field of view a real human can achieve by using the gimble limits of his eyes in tehir sockets once his neck has achieved maximum turn....

So to be more specific. The neck can turn a man's nose about 70 degrees left or right. try it and see. Look left. and yet somehow, a man can see FAR MORE than 70 degrees to his left by simply turning his neck? he can actually see about 120 degrees+ to the left (or right) after only turning his neck 70 degrees to the left. Why is this?

It is becuase not only does he turn his neck to its maximum limit, but then he additionally rotates his eyeballs in their sockets to get the additional viewing angle.

true view measured these actual viewing angles and implemented them in their software, rather than simply limiting the view to the neck gimble limits of the cervical spine.

You can now look behind yourself farther, look up better, etc....
        Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

great post sleepdoc!!! your explanation made the concept completely clear. I took the command out of the command line and went into the server tried to look then went back out of game and put the mod command back in and saw the difference. Thanks to you and JAMerica for taking the time to help
          PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X