Shoot 1.6.4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoot 1.6.4

Just curious as to if anyone is using shoot and could or would mind giving or posting a little tutorial as to how to make use of it for ArmA. I'm not sure as to how to transalte it to the game. Obviously I'm not the brightest when it comes to anything other than insatlling a simple game patch. SOrry
    PSN= Lethal_420

Re: Shoot 1.6.4

Install Shoot and the Voice Recognition SDK (there's a pack including everything you need on their website), train the voice recognition a bit, load the Operation Flashpoint profile and try the commands (make sure that the small microphone in the lower right of the Shoot window isn't disabled, I'm not sure what's the default key for toggling voice commands) You should hear a click and see the command get selected when a command is properly recognized. In-game, you should say the commands clearly and with a bit of waiting between them (imitating in-game radio commands works quite well :P)
    "All... hold fire... One... watch north-east...All...Fire"

A bit more advanced part, try customizing commands by editing the profile XML (you can provide alternate commands, or add the new ones which weren't in OFP - e.g. Form Delta) I'll add my profile later today.
    The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

thanks Vic, I have loaded the flashpoint profile but the microphone on the bottom right is marked out and I don;t see an option in the settings to enable the mic or get the mic from being x'ed out.. Any suggestions?
      PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

NEVERMIND i FOUND OUT WHAT THE DEFAULT TOOGLE WAS THANKS AGAIN
        PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

I was having issues with SHoot recognising my USB headset for some reason..so I went to this Program (thanks JAmer...) http://www.dwvac.com/ and it seems to work (Even imported the Shoot XML profiles)..It is just gonna take alot of tweaking..
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie420 View Post
            NEVERMIND i FOUND OUT WHAT THE DEFAULT TOOGLE WAS THANKS AGAIN
            But you forgot about the Caps Lock toggle...
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I'm using the VAC that Peardog referenced. It works very well. It takes a bit to learn how to make a profile, but once you get the hang of it, it's not hard at all to make a profile.

For commanding AI squad, the system can't be beat. In single player it is very intuitive to command the AI with VAC. The single player missions are now much more immersive.

The only problem I have had so far with VAC, is there seems to be a small conflict when one tries to get ammo from an ammo box after using VAC to operate key commands. It seems that one cannot scroll through the selections after hitting the "Gear" key. The scroll bar stutters, then goes back to the first item. If I ALT-TAB to desktop and back, the gear sector scroll bar performs fine.

Seems that the VAC software creates a small conflict with ARMA. It's not that bad though. I just ALT-TAB and I'm good to go. Other than that, VAC works real well with ARMA.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X