Re: TvT Event Sunday 5th of August

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TvT Event Sunday 5th of August

Hopefully you guys have the playercount to give Insurgent Assault a shot. It's a fantastic mission if you have enough warm bodies to populate it. :)

Hey dslyecxi, moved your post to here to keep our signup thread clean. Give us a rundown of this insurgent assault if you would, or any other 30-40 person T vs. T missions you've liked. It'd be appreciated, thanks!

Comment

Insurgent Assault is an asynchronous forces mission in which a large group of terrorists is attempting to kill several VIPs that are being defended by BLUFOR. BLUFOR is restricted to a slice of land comprised of about three or four small towns, and can position themselves wherever they want. They can deploy barbed wire, sandbags, and other obstacles that are carried in a HMMWV they have. The scripting for that is by kevb0, and we call it a GBS2 feature - Ghetto Battlespace 2. Anyhow, the insurgents have two 4x4s with M2 .50cals on them, along with three or four carbombs and several other vehicles. The insurgents also have an accuracy-reducing script that makes them generally ineffective at long-range fire. The insurgents must use their superior numbers, 4x4 M2 vehicles, and carbombs to overwhelm the defending BLUFOR wherever they may have set up shop.

It's a pretty crazy mission. Very intense when you have those carbombs driving towards you.

I'll look around later and see what other TvT stuff of ours may be suitable for a 30-40 playercount.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
        Hopefully you guys have the playercount to give Insurgent Assault a shot. It's a fantastic mission if you have enough warm bodies to populate it. :)
        Do you have a link? I think it be cool to check out.

We have the bodies to give it a whirl these days so it might hold some peotential from the sounds of it!
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
          Do you have a link? I think it be cool to check out.

We have the bodies to give it a whirl these days so it might hold some peotential from the sounds of it!
          I sent it and several other ShackTac missions to tha_khan a few weeks ago, I thought he put them on the server.

Comment

I thought there was a ShackTac video of Insurgent Assault kicking around somewhere.....

It was good, although I can't seem to find it now.

Comment

Yes they are on the server...they all start with ST I believe. I'd have to look again, I only played with a few and the MOUT was my favorite, despite being a training mission.
              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Off-topic: I really like to be there, but I normally work on Sunday's, so prolly won't can't make it. :(

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X