Player Rank.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player Rank.

Are there plans for a ranking system to let the player keep his rank and unlocks in ArmA in the future? It would be nice if they had something like BF2. I know if they do this they will also need to come out with harder missions in coop games and that would be great to see.

Re: Player Rank.

There is no ranking in Armed Assault itself. You are probably referring to the Mission called Evolution. The system in Evolution does keep the ranks until the mission is completed or restarted. There are also only two ranks currently in use on our server that runs Evolution and the first one only takes 1 point so I'm not sure how significant your concern is.

There are many other missions besides Evolution and these missions all have their own way of working out what weapons are available and to whom.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Yes I was talking about Evolution....

Comment

Then yes, the ranks are kept with the conditions I stated above.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Why do we have a rank system for EVO (other than it's scripted that way :)). It seems that limiting access to weapons/vehicles is something that shouldn't be a concern at TG. MAybe my question should be, assuming all TG members follow sop's and play with teamwork in mind, do we need equipment limitations?
          Jex.

Comment

You only need 1 point to unlock everything. Not very difficult. You can drive a passenger to the next town, kill enemy, heal, repair, or destroy and you will get that 1 point. Not much of a limitation.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Your right Jex, we run an unranked version of evolution for the reasons you outlined. The latest "version" of evolution now being played has a TvT element and hasn't been modded by TG to remove the ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by JimN View Post
                Are there plans for a ranking system to let the player keep his rank and unlocks in ArmA in the future?
                Jim ..I checked my records and see you are already a 4 Star General.. So Saddle up soldier and lead the Men like Patton!.. We don't need no stinkin' ranks..just men to fill the roles..
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Your joking?

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                    You only need 1 point to unlock everything. Not very difficult. You can drive a passenger to the next town, kill enemy, heal, repair, or destroy and you will get that 1 point. Not much of a limitation.
                    Are you sure? I got to Colonel the other day and it said I could access other things. You needc 1 point to unlock a lot of stuff - not all.

I also don't want to have to play to unlock things. Why do I have to grab a humvee, drive all the way to a combat area, look for the first guy, shoot him and then either die because I'm not really bothered if I die because I have to RTB anyway and after that, If I have all the unlocks what was the point in making me do all that?

To be effective in my squad, or anyone joining my squad, I want access to the gear. If someone doesn't have gear - guess what? I give it to them if I have the rank.

This is so pointless, that it's laughable, hehe so excuse my rant ;) I mean, I just can't see a point to it for myself. I know how to conduct myself on the server as should everybody else. Making me run to point A to kill something then back to point B so I can pick up a weapon - writing this post has suddenly made me realise just how retarded this idea is :)

I really don't see the benefit to it - if someone wants to point it out to, I would be grateful.
                    Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex View Post
                      I really don't see the benefit to it - if someone wants to point it out to, I would be grateful.
                      In a perfect world, there would be no point, but I believe that it sure as heck stops a random griefer from joining the server and immediately borking a perfectly good asset. If they don't have access to it, they get bored and leave right away.

Hand-held weapons are another story, it would be nice to have access to these up front.

Comment

I don't have the answer for hte 1 point thing as I don't do mission editing. Yes, colonel unlocks a few other weapons, but in general all important things are unlocked with 1 point.
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Ehhh, FYI to get to Colonel takes you, five AI, one truck, and forty-five seconds. What's so hard about that. :)

Comment

Originally posted by JAMerica View Post
                            In a perfect world, there would be no point, but I believe that it sure as heck stops a random griefer from joining the server and immediately borking a perfectly good asset. If they don't have access to it, they get bored and leave right away.

Hand-held weapons are another story, it would be nice to have access to these up front.
                            Personally, I'd like to see the ranking tighter and stricter on accessing not only vehicles, but weapons as well. A point made in another thread is that everyone and their mother already carries a M136 with them as if it were standard issue. Unfortunately, in Evo, it is. You don't even need a point. It's just not very realistic IMO. If this were BF2 and played in a total arcade-style fashion I'd have no problem with it. But this is a sim, and as a sim, it just doesn't sit well with me. Though I've never been in the military so I really don't know what is and what isn't standard issue equipment...but from what I gather from watching military shows, and even the news, AT isn't just handed out to every soldier on the line.
                            | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                              Personally, I'd like to see the ranking tighter and stricter on accessing not only vehicles, but weapons as well. A point made in another thread is that everyone and their mother already carries a M136 with them as if it were standard issue. Unfortunately, in Evo, it is. You don't even need a point. It's just not very realistic IMO. If this were BF2 and played in a total arcade-style fashion I'd have no problem with it. But this is a sim, and as a sim, it just doesn't sit well with me. Though I've never been in the military so I really don't know what is and what isn't standard issue equipment...but from what I gather from watching military shows, and even the news, AT isn't just handed out to every soldier on the line.
                              No I totally agree with you...especially with your point in another thread about having proper load-outs for the squad. I believe that is totally essential to having "fun" in this game. I am continually frustrated when I join the server and we have many people in a squad that are sniper/AA, medic/AT etc. Not terribly realistic, nor challenging when engaging AI with the intelligence of a bag of rocks.

But if you have a single 5 man squad on the server, you should be able to equip them properly to begin the mission, instead of running around the island like a bunch of fresh recruits with only a swiss army knife. Each squad should be able to field at least one medic,AT,sharpshooter,and a rifle-man, etc. at the outset.

as for heavier assets, i don't see a problem restricting them at the outset.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X