A bit of direction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of direction

I wanted to share some thoughts and directions from myself and the Admin Team here at ArmA. Let me say that this game has definitely been fun to learn and experience over the past 7 months. But as with all things new, there eventually comes change. This the point in the time line where we now stand. The game has been established and most of the bugs have been worked out so as to provide a acceptable gaming experience.

Now with the game ready for prime time, it is time we here at TG transition to a style of play that is far more commensurate with what the TG Primer is all about. The level of play here at times can be the superior to some of the military experiences that I have had in my life. Unfortunately, that is not the norm. The majority has begun to accept the fact that this is no different than any other FPS game out there. If that is the way you feel about ArmA, than you are sadly mistaken and should immediately begin to look elsewhere for your gaming fix. ArmA is not a game that is about leveling up, aimlessly running around like idiots, or keeping a score. ArmA is a combat simulation that has nothing to do with any of that, the only thing that ever counts is a team victory. As with its predecessor OFP (Operation Flash Point), it is literally the closest you will ever find to combat without picking up a weapon. Yet people seem to want it to be something else. The game revolves around two key principles teamwork and tactics. Neither of which are present of late on the servers, minus a few exceptions, notably the organized Co-Ops on Sundays.

There are a couple key contributing factors that we see as stumbling blocks before we can move forward. 1st and foremost is the overall lack of communication. I do not want to hear any people complain about the voice comms in game. TG provides a free Team Speak server, so use it. If you are unclear how it works or you are having some issue from preventing you to use it, please talk to one of us. We can work with technical issues, but otherwise silence states that you are an observer and need to be removed from the game. I, nor will anyone else follow someone not communicating to us. The same holds true for people on your team, if they do not communicate with the leaders than they are useless to them.

There has to be some recourse for people that do not follow the orders from their leaders ingame. If someone give you a order you do it, failure to do so will result in a removal from the game. Leaders have to start stepping up as well. I know that some of you out here are not great leaders and prefer to be a follower, there is a place for you here as well. But if you are capable of leading and you constantly choose not to because you do not want to be bothered, you are ruining helping someone else become a leader. Step up and take control of the situation and your team, that will make the game a tactical experience that people will not soon forget.

The shoot em style of play is coming to a end. The days of unlimited and instant respawns are ending. The instant respawn has caused an overall carefree method of play that disgusts most tactical enthusiasts. When you have to wait for several minutes to come back in, you are more apt to appreciate your team and how by working together you will stay alive longer. People that play as individuals are certain to die quickly and enjoy taking flight as a seagull for some time.

We have allot of great plans for the future of ArmA, but before we can move forward we have to get back to the basics. There is constantly new content being developed in house here at TG that will introduce you to various styles of game play that I am sure you will enjoy. There are also some massive plans for special events like plenty more of our Sunday organized matches. There is also now some talk of going externally with some other groups, by challenging them to a friendly scrim or two. We would also like to announce that we will be holding some SM (Supporting Member) only events. During these events, the SMs will be treated to exclusive missions and content, not played otherwise.

I am not here to convince you that ArmA is the best game ever. For some it is not. But what I am here to do is make everybody’s gaming experience with ArmA more enjoyable though tactics, teamwork and communication. To accomplish that, the admin team will begin to crack down on the things I talked to you about above. I would also like to start to see some constructive debates occurring versus this constant nitpicking that offers no solution. If you see something that can be improved upon with ArmA, by all means I encourage you to post it as well as offer a possible solution. If you insist on finding nothing but faults with everything, the negative vibe will fester in the people around you and spread. This a community, so contribute, don’t just complain. If you prefer to discuss any topic in private with any admin, by all means there is one of us on chat virtually 24 hours a day. If it is not an emergency, you can always PM one of us and we will normally get back to you in a couple hours. I challenge everyone here to make this game better through doing their part.

Now all of this will not happen overnight. We are developing a time frame for the things like respawn times and some of the events. People have to have some patience with us, as we are constantly working on making your experience here more fun.

So next time you are in game or in the forum simply ask yourself if you are the reason that people love ArmA or are you the other guy?

The Big C -sends
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: A bit of direction

Great thoughts BIG C
    The past - today - the future all set out in one illuminating post.

I can't get enough of that future forecast, bring it on.

Barnaby signing up to the Future with TG in ArmA.

Chaaa waaa wa
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
      Great thoughts BIG C

Indeed!
      I purchased ArmA and haven't had a chance to play it on-line yet. Never played OFP, so for me, this is a very steep learning curve. Would it make sense to host an «Introduction to TG ArmA » event, (boot camp?) or maybe have a «learn TG» style squad on some sort of a schedule ?

Cheers!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
        Indeed!
        I purchased ArmA and haven't had a chance to play it on-line yet. Never played OFP, so for me, this is a very steep learning curve. Would it make sense to host an «Introduction to TG ArmA » event, (boot camp?) or maybe have a «learn TG» style squad on some sort of a schedule ?

Cheers!

DB
        You'll find the majority of players are will to squad up and help those out. The planned events on Sunday make good times to get into a really organized setting. The pace of the game is different than anything you've played so it's much more acceptable to do some teaching along the way any night.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Beautiful!
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Great words C. I can't wait to see what's instore for the ArmA at TG.
            | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
              Indeed!

Cheers!

DB
              Any time you want to DB, just hit me up and we can hop on the server and squad up.
              Dizlor

Comment

When real life allows I'm in!

Comment

Worship the cheese! *worships, grovels*

Comment

:)
                    Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X