TVT Evo Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TVT Evo Mod

Played this on Beer Drinking Assassins server.

Basically Evo with one human sqd of 8 on the opfor side.

Makes this MUCH more interesting.

All that make believe squad work that gets wasted on AI will actually be necessary if you want to clear a city and survive.

I'd suggest we take this and mod if with some tow cable UH60's and make it our regular evo map. This certainly mandates complete team work, as 15 guys spent 2 hours and couldnt even breach cayo because they were disorganized.
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: TVT Evo Mod

I have been doing that on 9th server, its awesome.. I really hope we do this, because of bordem of regular evo..

And its dangerous now attacking towns, you never know what Human enemy forces may be waiting :)

Comment

This reads well Switch.
      Can you post a link to a map review or add some more details here plz.

Like ...........
      are there AI's as well as the 8 opfor, I mean AI's contolled by the map & not a human.
      What is the max # of players.

Best way is to test it for real I suppose, any chance admins????

Thanks
      "I like a man who grins when he fights"
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Whats the MAP name? Or is it continually running on one particular server?

We have had numerous ADMIN discussions of making a similar move to the EVO server to "Spice" things up...but get caught in the coding section.. So if one has been done and play tested it may make a nice change o' pace to the EVO server... Specially if you can still play it as a standard EVO server when there are not many players on.!!
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

We've actually had the towing UH-60's for quite some time now. I personally would rather see a full on TvT Capture the Island style map more than just Evo with a player squad plus A.I.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I like the sounds of this!!!
            PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Sounds, interesting. A good working persistent TvT is what I would like to see, so this might be a step in the right direction. How does the mission make sure both opposite teams are attacking/defending the same objective(s)?

Comment

TvT would be awesome it would add an awesome new dynamic to the map.

Some things that would make it really cool:

* a method of capturing city's in order similar to PR in BF2 creating a tug of war style of play.

* The ability for command to set up dynamic defenses such at bunkers, MG nests, and sandbags around citys

* AI still receive reinforcements until the radio tower is destroyed. However the tower can be repaired by either the defenders to keep the re-reinforcements coming or the attackers after they have captured the city.

* After a city is captured it takes a fixed amount of time for troop levels to reach full strength again. Making it imperative to push attackers back outside city limits and hold them until you can receive reinforcements. Same for defenders, clear the city and push the defenders out so that you can set up defenses in your new real-estate.

* A random amount of AAA defenses around city's up to 6-7.

* Air assets and heavy armor are populated only by human players.

* Possibly harder AI

I don't particularly care for the AI in game but it's needed on a map like this to keep it enjoyable when there are just a few people online.

Comment

I'm all for the switch to having a TvT element to EVO. I've had many fun times in EVO, but I feel the AI is no challenge any longer. Not knowing if the enemy is AI or a 'hairless monkey' would be great.

Comment

@Fiddlestix,

You may want to check the Bezerk line of missions available on the COOP server. These are TvT missions and essentially BF2 style capture the flag.
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Hmm, I've played Beserk a few times but only on random servers, so it may be interesting to try on TG. The problem is, you have to have good numbers.
                      "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

I have played Berserk in the same manner as GinSoakedBoy on random public servers. I didn't really find it fun though, mostly due to the complete lack of organization and communication. The high player count also seems to create a major amount of lag on that map.

What I was saying though is sort of the same but a little different. Instead of just involving one city on the map like Berserk, It would involve all the cities like Evolution. CTF but on a much more grandiose scale, but more like a tug of war battle. Each side would have a main base and capital city.

The battle would start in a north versus south style of campaign. Lets say West initially spawns in Ortego, and East starts in Obregan. Each teams initial obj is to capture Corazol. Whichever team captures the city first now needs to drive the attackers out. So say the East team captures the city and drives the West back to Ortego. They they are now face not only their human counterparts but also AI in the city as it would be a western stronghold. It would be necessary for the east team to hold the west at bay while engineers come in and repair the radio tower to call in reinforcements and whatever fixed defenses may be present.

This would then continue for each city. If West were to push back they would have a harder time with the defenders extra reinforcements depending on how long they took to get back to the city.

It would be interesting to see real SF operations behind enemy lines as well to sabotage the enemy base destroying air and heavy armor assets, placing IED's, and ambushing armor on roads between cities.
                        The AI levels would also need to be balanced so that it wouldn't be impossible to take a fortified city. Long respawn times would also be needed so that it wouldn't create a stalemate situation.

Comment

Interesting ideas fiddle. Very similar to the CTI missions. Bezerk has several different missions some small and some large so there are options. The disorganization is the by product of those types of missions. The fast respawn encourages a BF2 mentality where less organization is needed.

If we can get one of the capture the island missions working, you don't have an order, but it is all the cities on the island need to be captured and depending on the version need to be defended briefly as a convoy will arrive with A.I. to take over. Also on CTI versions, there is a third faction of only A.I. So both sides fight each other and an A.I. force.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

I've never tried the CTI missions, but if that's the case lets fire one up :)

Comment

Check the beerdrinkingassasins forum, im sure they have one. Ask for info about the map.. i think it was evo Icev2 or something like that. Just ask about the TvT evo map with a sqd of 8 human enemy SF

I only played on the US side, but it appeared that it was regular evo AI with a sqd of humans mixed it. The AI also seemed much tougher, the patrols were changed around, I got caught several times on the outskirts of town.

As far as fiddle's comments go --
                              If there was a way to make it slightly more linear that would be good. Keep people attacking or defending a particular grouping... kinda like AASv2 from BF2.

The AI respawn when no allies are in the grey zone was a huge factor. Having real people in city made it more difficult to allow people to just sit in the zone to hold off AI respawn.

I don't think any of that other stuff is a concern at the moment.. dynamic defenses etc etc.. i prefer the static real world.

This would really solve the thing that annoys me most about game play on our evo -- people spend more time playing pretend then they do playing useful strategy. They invest so much time into convoys for the 'uncertain drive' to a distant city that they know is completely clear... they walk around in formation when its almost certain that a sprint would be ok... etc etc.. this will validate all the caution that seems overwhelmingly boring at times.

I don't know about the freedom of movement the humans have though, possibly restricted from entering main base, or leaving gray zone.. dont know.
                              |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                              That noob who crashed the chopper.
                              That noob who ran over the mine.
                              That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                              That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X