No announcement yet.

ABout EVO server...what is it exactly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABout EVO server...what is it exactly?

Been reading and trying to figure it out.

My understanding is that it's a perpetual world populated by AI that a player can drop into at any time either alone or with others and simply play. No minimum number of players required to start (join) the game.

Assumptions correct?
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: ABout EVO server...what is it exactly?

Yes in a nutshell. Evolution is a mission in armed assault that is a campaign style mission that for the moment has quick respawns. It also saves a users scores because there are a few simple ranks which unlock new weapons and vehicles. Once the mission is completed or the server restarts, the scores, etc start over.

The enemy A.I. holds most major cities on the whole island and the players must clear the island of the enemy. The enjoyable things about Evolution are the scale(the entire island is part of the mission) and the join in progress ability. If there is an open slot on the server, you can join and assist in the mission. Since it is campaign more than a short mission there is always room for more players.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

How long does it usually take to complete the mission, sans A-10/Cobra whores?

The only thing that really puts me off of playing this game right away is how quickly one dies. This isn't to say that damage in the game is wrong, but it's simply the fact that being shot doesn't mean death. I wouldn't mind something akin to the defib paddles in ArmA, perhaps give players 'negative life' to represent wounds that are temporarily incapacitating.

For example, let's say a player takes a few bullets and ends up at -15 health. Slowly their health ticks down as they succumb to shock. When it reaches, say, -50, they die. In the time in between they simply lie there wounded and can barely crawl around screaming for help, in which time a medic may perform emergency life-saving care to bring them back to the fight. The catch is that you only get one 'save'. Furthermore, shooting them more or simply doing 'over damage' (ie: a headshot that does immense damage and knocks them out of -50 or whatever would be balanced) they are dead for good.

Sounds to me like it'd work and maintain basis in reality, but whatever.

Comment

There are revive scripts that do what you're talking about but it's up to the mission maker to use them. There are also addons like SIX CRDS that make you bleed out and have to use banadages, etc.
        |TG-Irr| Snake Doc

Comment

Uranium,

If you play this game properly with teamwork and tactics, you will not get shot as quickly. As to your issue with dying so fast, remember realism is the goal here. Death may not always be at the end of a bullet, but severe injury usually is. Incapacitation isn't always fun to play so I guess they by default skip that and go to death. However, there are several mods that add a little more. The Current Sixth Sense mod packs add the blackout, bleedout to the game. I use that. More often than not you get killed right out, but if you do happen to take some very grazing hits you'll start to bleed out, even see the blood trail.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...