New Guy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy

Howdy fellas I would just like to say hi and get know all of TG's ArmA players I am currently playing PR and i just grabed a copy of ArmA i was thinking about switching over and i am just curious if there is any advice from a more experienced player out there to help me get in the fight quicker im hoping to in the game before Sunday

hope to see you on the battlefield

Re: New Guy

Don't be afraid to ask questions in game. Preferably use Text so it doesn't interfere, but regardless....ask questions.

Welcome to the ArmA side of things.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkee55 View Post
      Howdy fellas I would just like to say hi and get know all of TG's ArmA players I am currently playing PR and i just grabed a copy of ArmA i was thinking about switching over and i am just curious if there is any advice from a more experienced player out there to help me get in the fight quicker im hoping to in the game before Sunday

hope to see you on the battlefield
      I found the in-game tutorials help to become aquainted with the controls without having to fumble for keys under fire. Then play a bit of the campaign, or just jump on the Evo server and find a mentor (after reading the Evo related SOP's of course).

I just started a few weeks ago, and everyone's been great for pointing me in the right direction.

Just a note: We don't use in the in-game VOIP just TeamSpeak, so make sure to read the TS SOP's and set up the keybinds before jumping on the servers.

See you in Sahrani soon!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys im just curious but when are your servers mostly populated?

because right now noone is on

Comment

I'd say anywhere starting from 3 pm on you should start seeing people. Once a few people get on, things generally get rolling.

Comment

Good to know ill catch you guys on around then i suppose.

Comment

same here just bought a copy yesterday, ive been playing PR before this so im all for the teamplay. Played abit of tutorial, Cant figure out how to get the dam pilot instructor to get in the chopper lol mybe its a bug dunno.

Comment

The pilot instructor should just get in the chopper right away. So yeah it must be a bug it worked for me.

Comment

yeah cause when he says get in the chopper i get in but its werid because he tried to walk towards the heli but he dosent move and then the instructions start to pop up but every time i try and gain altitude i cant because it would restart the mission because i left the co-pilot behind.

Comment

Yeah it's almost impossible to get him unstuck. The best way I found was to 'Skip Briefing' the second the map loads and run to get in the chopper ASAP. Usually he won't get stuck then, but... eh.

Comment

If you really like PR, don't play arma... i loved PR, but i havent played it since I got arma --- and I've spent plenty of time being frustrated with arma! I know, makes no sense.
                      |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                      That noob who crashed the chopper.
                      That noob who ran over the mine.
                      That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                      That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

You have a point there Switch it is a bit frustrating at first but I got on the server and........ well now im hooked

Comment

eh im having a good balance of both, played abit of ARMA in the afternoon, now im playing PR while my ARMA update downloads. Probably play ARMA online tomorrow and then play PR on sunday becuase of password nights

Comment

and play ArmA sunday afternoon? hmmmmm?

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...th-august.html

Comment

haha ill see, cause i just got the game yesturday I think I'll prob do more harm than good right now.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X