To the guy who got kicked of EVO Sunday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the guy who got kicked of EVO Sunday

No names in this Thread please. Unless the guy who got kicked names himself, let's just leave names out of this thread please.

I want to speak to the guy who got kicked from TG EVO yesterday (Sunday 8/5/07 in the mid afternoon, MST)

First of all, I did not kick you. I do not have that level of power on the server. but when you came on our TS channel after getting kicked, I'm the guy you spoke to.

I made a mistake that I want to own up to.

when you asked why you got kicked, you were given a very honest answer. It was becuase you were playing alone and dragging multiple AI units right through the combat zone rather than playing tactically as required by the SOP's. Those AI units were absolutely ruining the expereince of the organized HUMAN squad that was playing using the required SOP's. This is defintely a "Humans first" server.

The mistake that I made (I was SL at the time) was once you came on to our channel and asked why you got kicked, and after you got the honest answer to why you were kicked, I should have immediately invited you to join our squad and learn the SOP's with us. I failed to do that. I missed that opportunity. I wish I had not missed it.

Although I still would recommend you read the SOPs so that you know "lone wolfing" is not allowed, I should have immediately welcomed you to join our squad and play through the right way with us.

And the invitation stands. Next time you come online and see me, feel free to ask any questions you like. and if our squad is already in game, i will make you hold off on the questions, but I will immedaitely bring you into the fold and include you in the squad and into the mission. And if we have dedicated transport online, I will arrange a heli ride for you to our position. This is how we do things here. And you can always contact me in private via xfire. my xfire name is simply "Sleepdoc".

But do us a favor. Don't bring any AI guys with you ..... ;) They are monkeys. We are not. (Well ...maybe I am at times .... but usually not ... :))
    Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Re: To the guy who got kicked of EVO Sunday

I wasn't there, but it's also worth pointing out that our SOP's state that you must check with all channel commanders before bringing anything through the combat zone - this includes AI troops and any and all vehicles or aircraft. Doing so without first gaining approval of commanders/leaders in the field will result in being kicked. It is suggested but not required that all communications are done over the teamspeak server channels.

If you do not know what you are doing, ask to join a squad a be led.

Comment

Good Stuff 'Doc..
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

AI does have it place in EVO though. Mostly just moving repair, refuel and rearm trucks to the front lines.

Comment

Precisely toshido. That is exactly what I said in my original post (the opther one talking baout the use of AI in EVO).

But what this fella was doing was running through PAriaso, right through our lines, with multiple combatant AI. And that is simply not allowed. And it ruins everyones fun.
          Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

Comment

This is the most refreshing thing I've seen in a while; some truly positive words on the internet.

Sleepdoc, I was the guy that got kicked. What happened was a complete misunderstanding. When I joined the server, only tha_Khan and one other person were on. I was taking a small team of AI and pressing into positions on one side as the other two were coming in from different angles....playing tactically while using AI. But after they disconnected, I was playing alone so I brought in more AI reinforcements.

Soon after, you and Gogeta and several others joined. When I bumped into you all moving low and slow, you said join up. But as you all were on a different TS channel, I didn't think you WERE in TS. I couldn't get the AI to move out of the area by a move-to command, so when I was informed that I was compromising your position, I moved out myself hoping they'd follow. I planned to provide a large assault force should you encounter any heavy resistance, but I got kicked before I had a chance to relay my intentions.

As soon as I closed ArmA, I found that you all were in the sqd 1 channel. That's when I realized you all were on TS...only not in the default ArmA channel like I was. After I got your brief explanation, I figured it was better that I leave than to say something I couldn't take back. I'm glad of my decision.

I have read the SOPs, several of them more than once. I also understand and appreciate tactical behavior in and out of games. I believe I'm more than fairly competent with using AI in ArmA. I control them like I would any fireteam or squad, changing formations to meet conditions, directing fire control, and dividing them into smaller elements as needed. I agree with the 'humans first' that TG stands for; I come from a co-op community, and that's what I love. But I also believe that as Toshido said, AI have their place. And I believe it can be for more than just moving vehicles around.

I would gladly team up with you should the opportunity present itself again. I hold the people I've met on servers wearing the TG in high regard. I do ask this: If we are on a server together sometime, and there's only a handful of people on, please give me the chance to prove that I can command AI AND be an integral part of operations AND not spoil your fun. I wouldn't do this on a half-full server...they'd just get in the way. But with only a few people on such a large map, I think I might just surprise you and NOT foul things up :)

BTW, I've told my brothers over at Global Alien that they should join me in joining you all for some fun times. Maybe if one or two of you would pop over once and say howdy it would stoke the fire I'm trying to light under them? :D You can find us at globalalien.com .

Sleepdoc, thank you for posting as you did. Had I not found this tonight, I think I would have not come by TG again. But you've shown me the quality of your character. It's the reason I ever came by here...after I bumped into Switch on several different servers and we kept teaming up, I had to check you guys out. I look forward to more gaming with you and the rest of the TG community. And maybe next time we can sidestep the misunderstandings.

Comment

Man...this thread makes me all fuzzy inside. Great sportsmanship and a great display of character on both sides of this story. I look forward to seeing you around Ut-Oh and I'll try to pop in at globalalien and say hi some time. :)
              | | |

Comment

Kumbayaaaa

Comment

Sweet indeed. I have yet to see such a good post like this come up on a game forum. That's why I wear my TG patch since my ArmA Day 1... Just wish money wasn't so short and I could be a Supporting Member like I was a few months ago when I played PR.

Good one Sleep, and Ut... That's the spirit!
                  |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Thanks for explaining yourself Ut oh. It all happened so fast that day, and I knew I had missed an opportunity to welcome you in. As you said, it was just a misunderstanding.

Glad you and I finally got to talk and play together. Was good fun!

All the Best,

Glenn
                    Sleepdoc

Comment

Awesome thread.

Comment

Me too Sleepdoc. We're on the same page bro ;)

Comment

Good to see you here, Ut-Oh. When it was just us two, the A.I. was fine as we were working like two squads at the time. Sorry I left you hanging...lol. I guess it all worked out in the end.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Ahhhhhhhh aint that nice.
                            I think I just wet myself.

Welcome to TG Ut-Oh, I thought I had seen your sig-tag on server before or was that just the forums? :icon_eek:

Anyways a good piece of hind-sight/review work done here by both of you.

Gerrdang-a-lang :madsmile:
                            "I like a man who grins when he fights"
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Nice post SD :)
                              Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse