This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griefers and Passwords, they are in TG

When I was playing today around 8:20 PST we had a huge griefer problem on evo. The worst was a guy named disco who was ramming UH-60s with hmmvw's and thanks to ArmA the pilot gets all the TK's and loses tons of points, not to mention the ensuing explosion taking out alot of vehicles. He got me once, and then rammed the next Blackhawk. Prior to that there was a guy named thunder who was running people over in the base intentionally with the dirtbike and hmmvw, no negative score is inflicted on the TKer for this either. He later then just starting shooting people in the spawn area.

The most frustrating thing about it was we had no TG admin to permanently ban them, we eventually voted an admin on but I bet these guys come back because voted admins can't ban. So they have the evo password and probably other griefers too. Something needs to be done because there is probably nothing more rewarding to them than getting in a passworded server and griefing a bunch of serious players.

TGU Rotary Wing Instructors
    Evil Koala
    LeftSkidLow

Re: Griefers and Passwords, they are in TG

Shame :/

But I'd say it's pretty hard to be avoided, unless having a real admin present at the time ;/
    |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

hey guys. We can definitely ban these fools. Usually, just PM an admin with what you posted. If you can, give us their player ID (#userlist). If you don't catch that, give us their in-game name, and someone can usually look at the log from the server, get the info there, and institute the ban.

Thanks for keeping watch guys, and for putting up with the random idiots

Comment

Good to know that command. I'll sure do it. I used to do it in PR, why the hell not in ArmA too?

Watch out, suckafools!!!! Kevlar is comming with paper and pen to write your credentials and have you wiped from our server... huhuuh
        |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

For the time being, ArmA requires community envolvement to weed out the lame. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, because they're not that hard to spot and those of us who like playing lamer-free would love to see them fry.

Comment

Yeah, the griefer was annoying. He kept holding up BlueFor assaults and generally ruining the experience for everyone.

Happy everyone voted me admin so I could boot him though! I'm still wondering if both the griefers booted were the same person?

Comment

I was there when thunder was on, was my first time playing and it didnt start well. Glad at least he got kicked and didnt ruin the whole game.

Just wanna say sorry to the guy i killed when i was trying to shoot Thunder not the best of shots missing a hmmvw and hitting a guy

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
              So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Welcome aboard Adept...glad you found TG...Please don't TK to take these guys out...only encourages them. This should go for all too.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Thanks for the report. Don't forget that all admins have MS Messenger so that we can be reached if we are "available" but not on the server or on TS.

Comment

If they have a 10 digit id number then you will be wasting your time banning them they will just generate a new 1.
                    You have to assume these guys don't care if you see their id's.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
                      Thanks for the report. Don't forget that all admins have MS Messenger so that we can be reached if we are "available" but not on the server or on TS.
                      Wouldn't it make more sense for you guys to standardize in Xfire? After all, we can send chat messages right out of the game to a person not in the game. Only xfire has this DX9/DX10 game-friendly feature.

We lost about 30 minutes becuase of that greifer, not to mention 2 major helicopters ...
                      Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

Originally posted by Dec View Post
                        If they have a 10 digit id number then you will be wasting your time banning them they will just generate a new 1.
                        You have to assume these guys don't care if you see their id's.
                        I have read that all 10 digit player id's are NOT legitimate...some servers kick anyone with these id's.

Seems to deserve some looking into.

Comment

Last night was a complete horror show. I had previously been voted admin myself, but just when the griefer came on, I was disconnected. When I came back on, I had obviously lost my admin status, and was immensely frustrated at my inability to do anything.

Thankfully, we subsequently voted Bobik admin, and he summarily kicked him. I took down his name, but didn't know how to find his player ID, so I am sure it will be of zero use. Hopefully, when he or one of his kind emerge on our server again, we will have an admin available to ban him for good.
                          Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

yes it's possible for anyone to read the forums and get the passwords, but it is more likely this griefer was given the password by someone via another forum, PM, or TS or the griefer was a regular under a different name.
                            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Actually, the name "Disco" has been around for a while ....
                              Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X