CAS Guidelines on EVO server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAS Guidelines on EVO server

Just a sugegstion for an addendum to the gentlemens agreement referring particularly to CAS in Evolution.

1. When mounting a ground attack aircraft I will make my presence known to squad leaders and report what areas I plan on operating in.

2. As an operator of such a devestating weapon target identification and prevention of friendly casualties will be my primary objective. To this end I will:
    a) Call targets locations and ID before engaging
    b) Ask friendly squads to identify their locations before I engage
    c) Allow a reasonable amount of time for replies from friendly squads (~1 minute)

3. My primary objective is and always will be to support infantry in the safe completion of their duties.

4. I will always put the highest priority on targets called out by ground squads.

5. I will show a superior amount of restraint.

6. I understand the importance of recon and will do my best to locate and mark any OPFOR vehicles and troop concentrations.

In general I understand that Armed Assault is a multiplayer game with the vast majority of playersplaying as infantry. The role of CAS is to support infantry primarily as recon, secondary as mobile artilley, and rarely as the hand of god smiting our opponents.

Thoghts??? opinions???

Re: CAS Guidelines on EVO server

Originally posted by Toshido View Post
    and rarely as the hand of god smiting our opponents.
    Thoghts??? opinions???
    Well said. I like the last line.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

1. When mounting a ground attack aircraft I will make my presence known to squad leaders and report what areas I plan on operating in.

Thoughts??? opinions???
      Again. I am only one man interpreting the SOPs and the comments of the admins. but this still reads like you are placing target choices back in the hands of the atack pilot, so long as he announces.

Then you say....

3. My primary objective is and always will be to support infantry in the safe completion of their duties.
      I still see a conflict in these 2 statements.

if you had said ......

3. My primary objective is and always will be to support infantry in the safe completion of their duties and only under the command of their SL (unless no human squads existed in the city)

and dropped the first one, I might see more clarity in this seemingly "loopholed" and conflicting set of rules.....

Having said this, I like you approach. You have moved in the direction of absolute clarity and away from the general dabate. Ultimtely, a creedo of this sort is exactly what needs to be fleshed out.

And BTW. if the Admins decided that my perceived "vagueness and conflict" in your rules was acceptable to them, i would comply. But i thought the whole idea was to remove any potential personal interpretation of the rules. After all, that is what we already have ....
      Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

@sleepdoc,

I think #1 is more referring to loiter zone than actual targeting and attacking. I interpret that as meaning "All SL's, AH 1 on station in Cayo, marking targets, ready for fire mission."

Although, if it could be misread, then it needs to be rewritten.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
          @sleepdoc,

I think #1 is more referring to loiter zone than actual targeting and attacking. I interpret that as meaning "All SL's, AH 1 on station in Cayo, marking targets, ready for fire mission."

Although, if it could be misread, then it needs to be rewritten.
          Exactly....

but there should stil be some freedom in the CAS pilot to locate and destroy targets. I would like to establish an SOP that will prevent CAS friendly fire incidents and also to reduce the impact of CAS on the enjoyment of those on the ground.

Comment

I think that all CAS should be requested. Instead of just saying "I'm going here", it should be "CAS is available, would you like some assisstance?" or something to that effect.
            "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

It's obvious we need more clarification, so let's use this thread and the framework by Toshido to clarify what we want in the GA. I like his initial post, it works. It's not too restrictive, but could be misinterpreted which I think is unavoidable. So if you have something, make sure to post your rewording.
              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

I think Toshidos creedo is getting very close to something that makes perfect sense for TG EVO. please note i said TG EVO. i didnt say in general for ArmA. I feel like sometimes people get lost in the dialogue and forget that this debate is strictly about TG EVO...
                Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

Comment

Originally posted by GinSoakedBoy View Post

I think that all CAS should be requested. Instead of just saying "I'm going here", it should be "CAS is available, would you like some assisstance?" or something to that effect.
                  In a perfect world that would be great. This is not a perfect world. We have SLs that will refuse to work with CAS just like CAS refusing to work with SL. As well as targets that the infantry cannot see, like the lone infntry or vehicle that has driven well out of the shaded zones.
                  I feel that there should be some very limited ability for a CAS pilot to hit targets of opportunity, like infantry in the open. But also feel that, unless the pilot is at risk, that all targets at very least should be cleared with ground to try to minimize friendly fire incidents.

Even when CAS is available most infantry does notknow about it. That is the intent for #1. To let ground know that CAS is coming and will be available.

Comment

Yeah, I can live with it............ I think.........

Sorry, I'm a sinner, not a saint... Although the agreement and such, I still think Evo is much more fun without heavy armour/aircraft!

But I like this, good one Tosh
                    |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Originally posted by GinSoakedBoy View Post

Sorry one more point.

When it comes to the Cobras or A10, and to a more limited amount the GBUs I agree completely. These aircraft can clear out a town of all opposition with the exception of a handful of infantry hiding very well.

Most of what I am talking about is using the AH6, and to a lesser degree the other CAS aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by KevlarBR View Post
                        Yeah, I can live with it............ I think.........

Sorry, I'm a sinner, not a saint... Although the agreement and such, I still think Evo is much more fun without heavy armour/aircraft!

But I like this, good one Tosh
                        Wow, even winning over the hardasses like Kevlar :)

Comment

Wow, even winning over the hardasses like Kevlar :)

Non ambiguous clarity wins over many people. It is what has been lacking on this subject. it is why this debate exists.

You took the bull by the horns and tried to create a simple, easy to follow set of rules.

I think you are very close to winning many hearts and minds with your Creedo.

Please add the actual equipment names to your Creedo to add even more clarity.

ultimately, it is not a simple democracy. it must be ratified by the Governance. think of it as sending a bill to the Senate. We will know if it passed becuase there will be an announcement and it will appear in the SOP or the "gentlemans agreement"
                          Sleepdoc

Comment

In a perfect world that would be great. This is not a perfect world. We have SLs that will refuse to work with CAS just like CAS refusing to work with SL.
                            IMO, there really is no place at TG for players like this. People unwilling to work with anyone seems to be in contrast with the idea of teamwork.
                            | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                              IMO, there really is no place at TG for players like this. People unwilling to work with anyone seems to be in contrast with the idea of teamwork.

Agreed. also, I personally can't think of any Sl's that wont work with other people. I mean the SL population seems to be so few, that I think I know most of them by name. and none of themmeet that description.

If you encounter that, you should let an admin know.
                              Sleepdoc

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X