Evolution City Limits?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolution City Limits?

Can anyone tell me what area around a city is off limits so AI does not spawn there. I hear the grey circle, just outside the grey circle or whenever the red crosses have been lit up. I think some clarification would help us avoid trigger AI in cities we aren't attacking.

Jex.

Re: Evolution City Limits?

good question jex had wondered that as well
    PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

I don't know the answer. but i do know that the risk is greatest when using helicopters and aircraft, becuase their speed and scope of teh sky cuases inadvertent spawnings quite easily....
      Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

Based on looking into the mission triggers, it is a big circle around the city. Rule of thumb, if enter any street in the city you have already triggerd the AI.
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
          Based on looking into the mission triggers, it is a big circle around the city.
          Well theres your answer right there... its most likely is defined by the grey area. Now .. if your moving along a wooded area.. approaching the zone, then enter the zone proned thru bushes and cover, does the AI still spawn ? It seems that way because they apparently do not need to see or acknowledge you to be spawned..

As far as AA cover... Ive seen it go up WAY before the helo even sniffed the zone, I bet the shilkas have a trigger ring of their own.. so in turn that would mean that even though the AA grid is active... the pilot might not have entered the grey zone, thus NOT activating the AI within... make sense ?
          Dizlor

Comment

According to some peoples findings when we played the TvT map -- AI eventually despawns when there are no more humans in the area, so its not as big as a concern people make it out to be. Moreover, running two cities at once should be fine, its 3,4,5 that becomes a problem when some guy in a jet streaks over the map.

The grey zone is the AI trigger.

Shilkas stay active however, and do have their own zone. Once those 'primary' shilkas are killed (which you can do from outside the grey zone) they don't return -- others that don't have a map viewable zone may respawn, though. They're not as threatening, however since they usually only attack when fired upon or if hovering over the grey.
            |TG|Switch

Better known as:
            That noob who crashed the chopper.
            That noob who ran over the mine.
            That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
            That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Gogeta, if its a mission trigger then it's not a matter of being spotted, it will be the game detecting your presence.
              "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

Originally posted by GinSoakedBoy View Post
                Gogeta, if its a mission trigger then it's not a matter of being spotted, it will be the game detecting your presence.
                Gotcha.. thats what I thought. I mean how could they spot you if they havent spawned yet :P I r smart
                Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
                  Moreover, running two cities at once should be fine, ........................
                  BLASPHEMY!!!!

:)
                  Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

(and because forum spell checkers are a hassle) : )

I actually spell just fine. But my typing skills are the pits.

Comment

Tactically, we should be attacking 2 cities at a time. Corazol and Pita should be hit at the same time. Corazol with a heavy armored assault, and Pita with paratroopers and an amphibious landing.

BUT I also checked the triggers for AI, they wont spawn for planes unless the plane is below 200m. In most cases unless you're flying CAS or just showing off, there is no pilot who cruises at anything under 400m...

But as I said, if you wish to play tactically, Pita should be hit at the same time as Corazol. Then the force that cleared Pita steamrolls Masbete in stolen russian armor, and then Obregon and Eponia are cleared simultaniously, finally resulting in the destruction of Bagango. Pita is a lot easier than most think, to clear. You just have a combat air patrol take care of the SUs and Kamas while the amphibious landing force moves in covered by the 2 cobras. From there you can easily secure the airfield. After the airfield is secured you've got a defensable beachhead and then you move in to secure the town. And for corazol the answer is simple... Tanks... Tanks supported by an infantry squad. 1 tank and about 6 infantry can completely clear corazol in under an hour.

Comment

Knowing Razer's level of knowledge on the subject of the AI in ArmA, I would consider his statements to be fact on the matter. As long as you stay above 200m on the way to the LZ in whatever city, then there is NO REASON not to 'go out of order'(Oh noes! ) or attack two cities simultaneously(The negative effect on server performance will be negligible until you start hitting 3-4 cities at once ) .

As for the trigger distance while on the ground, I am relatively certain that the boundary is defined by the mystical gray circle.
                      Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

Originally posted by Silas Ender View Post
                        As for the trigger distance while on the ground, I am relatively certain that the boundary is defined by the mystical gray circle.
                        I have snuck into the grey area a couple times without triggering the AA coverage.. Than again, I have also been vary far from the grey and had the AA go up... This is being on foot and in vehicles.

As for the AI spawning, I believe that some AI are already in the cities, but are just on guard duty. Being on guard duty would not make the server need much memory to have many AI on the server.. It is when they are on allert and moving around that the server starts struggling to keep up.

In reply to everyone....
                        Again .. triggering more than one city at once does create lag on the server.. Not only is it a system drain. It goes directly against the TG primer, using teamwork for a common goal. Please dont allert more than one city at a time.
                        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                        E Pluribus Unum
                        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I don't know, but the last few nights there have been some odd things going on with hordes of A.I. in "completed" cities or when one squad moves on to another city to start an attack and leave paraiso untouched, when you come back to paraiso there are all kinds of weird things going on.

Here's the situation, unless you plan on finishing the entire mission, follow the simple Paraiso, Somato, Cayo, etc order. If that is boring, we have dozens of missions on the COOP. What is most overlooked is that when you play and then leave, how are those that come after you supposed to know what your plan was, which cities you were attacking and in what order? In an organized session, there is much more of a legitimate reason to attack 2 cities at once or even choose an alternate order, but for the sake of server health keep it to one city and in the already known order. Again, this is not for while YOU are playing it is when OTHERS play after you. When I join the server after someone has attacked out of order, many anomalies can be witnessed. There's no point. Take into consideration other players at other times when suggesting these alternate routes. What you may see as just 2 cities, turns into 3,4 or 5 when another group comes on a few hours later because unless you finish clearing the city and don't touch the next one it is impossible to tell what the plan was.

Also, the whole "They despawn when players leave after an appointed time..." I believe that is the intent, but it doesn't work. I know we have experts here that swear on their lives that it does, but why when I join an empty server that has been played on, is there often a horde of a tanks in the last city attacked but not finished or an A.I. soldier horde? What is this mysterious time limit? For all the times that everyone claims it does work, I have seen the opposite so it at the very list is buggy and inconsistent so we can not use that as a guide.

IF you find the current guidelines for Evo boring, check out the COOP server Simple.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

yep Khan.. I have seen more and more strange things happening on the EVO server.. Twice have I joined to find a grey circle around Cayo and others say they dont see it.. But roll in there to find the intire Persian army awaiting me. Last night it took me a good hour just to get me and a repair truck by Cayo(with the help of a highjacked T72)... Killed more than 30 AI myself, not to mention the multiple BDRMs(maybe 15 of them), BMPs, UAZs and tanks (that just kept appearing out of nowhere) my squad of AI AT where blasting away on.

It was alot of fun.. I mean it really was hordes of enemy.. More than I have ever seen in EVO.. good thing it was not on Vet settings:madsmile:.

Earlier in the day Jex, myself and one other were on the server when it was on Paraiso.. and I swear there were at least ten T72s all over the city .. all blue on the map, very much empty... VERY WIERD!!

Maybe the server needs a hard reboot every other day.. or when no one is on.
                            theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                            E Pluribus Unum
                            Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                            Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed