My Evo Wishlist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Evo Wishlist

Having played Evo for the last week, I have come up with ideas on how I would like to see Evo perfected. Some of these ideas may be pie-in-the-sky but hey, it's a wish list! :)

1) Different random targets at cities. Instead of just a radio tower to destroy, maybe another random target in addition.

2) Less vehicles - The server only holds 30 people and the vehicle amount should relflect that. Instead of loads of vehicles which instantly loose their value, lessening them would have a bigger impact on how they are used.

3) Consider removing respawn on selected vehicles.

4) Random Patrols Inserted via Mi-17 or moving out from the city once you move into the AA zone (on foot, or ground based vehicle). These patrols follow random patrol patterns and vary in size from small infanrty patrol up to BMP with UAZ and BRDM (maybe throw in a 5 tonne full of infantry)

5) chance that helo's spotting foot units increased or added. It seems like if I'm on foot, I can walk around all day and even fire at passing gunships and they do nothing.
    Jex.

Re: My Evo Wishlist

3. ONly MH-6, Unarmed Hummers, and select support vehicles respawn. Turning the MH-6's off causes huge transportation issues because of the CTD related accidents or crashes.

4. Mi-17's were just too easy of targets in the first Evolution version. People just stat padded when they flew by. In the first version that is how reinforcements came to the cities you attacked.

5. With the # of KA-50's, this would turn into hell. They attack any vehicle pretty rapidly, especially support vehicles. You are right though if you are a foot solider you don't have to worry much unless you start shooting at it. While I would like to see them slightly more aggressive to large groups of infantry, I think the vehicle targeting makes up for this.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Enemy choppers seem to be pretty hit-or-miss. I've shot at one a few times from the ground and thought it was ignoring me, as it just flew past. I forgot about it and headed back to the airport and left an AI in the hummvee as I went to go grab some more ammo. Suddenly the AI in the car shouts "KA-50 AT 2 O CLOCK AT 1000 METERS". Right as I turn to see where it's at, this missile streaks past my face and explodes the poor AI into tiny pieces all over the flightline. Turns out the chopper circled around the airport and sniped us from the distant mountains, too for for me to even see.

Of course, probably the greatest thing involving the KA-50s I saw was me in a civilian car making a desperate escape while the KA-50 cruised down the street behind me, rockets exploding about 15 feet behind my car and to the left and right (driving in 3rd person), and I reached a dead-end, swerved my car into a 180 and flew right underneath it. The chopper tried to stop and turn around and suddenly behind me I hear this tremendous explosion. I look over my shoulder and watch as the building at the end of the street collapses into rubble and the burning wreck of the chopper begins sliding down the street after me.

This was also with the enhanced smoke mod on too so it was doubly epic! Couldn't see much except smoke and fire everywhere :D

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium - 235 View Post
        This was also with the enhanced smoke mod on too so it was doubly epic! Couldn't see much except smoke and fire everywhere :D
        This mod is the ****! I have it, and I love when I take the antenna out and there's smoke and prickling sounds everywhere! sweeet
        |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Originally posted by KevlarBR View Post
          This mod is the ****! I have it, and I love when I take the antenna out and there's smoke and prickling sounds everywhere! sweeet
          The Aug. 14th veteran operation on the Evo server was awesome. My squad was just hanging out and watching for any hostiles escaping the town when a big explosion happened. All I could see was a plume of smoke as the radio tower hit the ground.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Earlier today.. I hopped on the BDA Evo server(misha's group, great bunch of guys).. OMG the Evo they are running is sooo tough.. It is ranked, on Vet with friendly tags. They also took away the ability to spot the enemy to show on the map, but all friendlies are marked on the map with their names(taken from Berzerk). Also, even though I was there for the restart of the mission, there must have been a hundred infantry already in Paraiso, made for some really tough entries into each city. Alot more teamwork was involved. We really had to cover each others backs.

I had to leave as the old "superlag when you are on too long bug" was just killing me, literally(even with a ping of 22).. When I left it had 27/30 and about 9 on TS.. Of course only the 9 on TS were actually working together.. Had one dedicated transport pilot(not on TS).. But the pubbers were actually staying together without any comms.. Too bad, as soon as they fire the entire Opfor comes down on you.

I think if we were running some of these scripts.. Evo on Vet would be less people running around like rambo. The friendly tags let us know who is who, not for enemy recognition. The friendlies marked on the map with name and moving position , will reduce the chances of freindly fire and having two squads moving in on the same point(less map marking). We tried Vet with no tags, ranked and the harder AI all at once, maybe going all out at once was just too much.

(On a side note)
            All in all , had a great time... Although them not PWing the server lets any "tool" join and ruin the fun.. never seen so many kicks in my life as I saw today....
            When I joined there were only two other players(on the server and TS), both BDAs(one was admin).. They were talking about the crazy things on the server at the time. When I finally loaded up, it was dark, went to the closest ammo crate(by the hanger), NVGs off at the time, I turned them on and stepped away from the crate to see the biggest mess I have ever seen.
            First off there must have been a 4 or 5 hundred dead civies all over the base, twenty or so "fortifications" all lined up around the campfire area.. Choppers, OMG the choppers... must have been dozens of LBs, a stack of cobras and a HUGE pile of BHs, Humvees and support trucks all littering the area. Needless to say , someone with some hacks had a grand ole time, The scoreboard had the top 4 players with 420600 to 420420 points all very similar:row__687: very wierd. especially since one of them was a respected player there, who now claims he was not even there at the time. Thank god for PWs.
            theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
            E Pluribus Unum
            Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
            Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
              Earlier today.. I hopped on the BDA Evo server(misha's group, great bunch of guys).. OMG the Evo they are running is sooo tough.. It is ranked, on Vet with friendly tags. They also took away the ability to spot the enemy to show on the map, but all friendlies are marked on the map with their names(taken from Berzerk). Also, even though I was there for the restart of the mission, there must have been a hundred infantry already in Paraiso, made for some really tough entries into each city. Alot more teamwork was involved. We really had to cover each others backs.

I had to leave as the old "superlag when you are on too long bug" was just killing me, literally(even with a ping of 22).. When I left it had 27/30 and about 9 on TS.. Of course only the 9 on TS were actually working together.. Had one dedicated transport pilot(not on TS).. But the pubbers were actually staying together without any comms.. Too bad, as soon as they fire the entire Opfor comes down on you.

I think if we were running some of these scripts.. Evo on Vet would be less people running around like rambo. The friendly tags let us know who is who, not for enemy recognition. The friendlies marked on the map with name and moving position , will reduce the chances of freindly fire and having two squads moving in on the same point(less map marking). We tried Vet with no tags, ranked and the harder AI all at once, maybe going all out at once was just too much.

(On a side note)
              All in all , had a great time... Although them not PWing the server lets any "tool" join and ruin the fun.. never seen so many kicks in my life as I saw today....
              When I joined there were only two other players(on the server and TS), both BDAs(one was admin).. They were talking about the crazy things on the server at the time. When I finally loaded up, it was dark, went to the closest ammo crate(by the hanger), NVGs off at the time, I turned them on and stepped away from the crate to see the biggest mess I have ever seen.
              First off there must have been a 4 or 5 hundred dead civies all over the base, twenty or so "fortifications" all lined up around the campfire area.. Choppers, OMG the choppers... must have been dozens of LBs, a stack of cobras and a HUGE pile of BHs, Humvees and support trucks all littering the area. Needless to say , someone with some hacks had a grand ole time, The scoreboard had the top 4 players with 420600 to 420420 points all very similar:row__687: very wierd. especially since one of them was a respected player there, who now claims he was not even there at the time. Thank god for PWs.
              Dude I played once on a server on Vet with no friendly tags and no crosshairs... Damn, that WAS tough!!!!

I'm 100% with all you said: if we can't make AI on veteran as they'll pwn us pretty bad (as stated in another post) let's at least make them numerous, a bit smarter if possible and let's make it a bit harder for the human players! i.e: if you choose to be a marksman or sniper (ACOGs, Mk12s or M24s), you are pretty much screwed to go inside a city with those and kill infantry close range!

Change Evooooooo! =D
              |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

I have heard the VET mode does and does not increase the AI lol.

With reagrds to player names, I would like to see them implemented, but for no more than 100m. It kind of dampens the immersion when you see soandso player at 1000m lol - Mod team - can this be done at all?

No vehicles on the map is great (we have that now too on evo) but I think it should be left to squads to mark there own position. As in reallife, if mistakes are made then FF incidents can happen.

This makes the players have to pay more attention to where they are and what they are doing. Evo's a good little campaign but it is limited. I think the mod team have something up there sleeve so I'm looking forward to whatever that is.

Personally though I'd like to see a revamp of evo to make it into a dynamic campaign whereby the enemy counter attack, random missions are generated that actually affect the campaign (for instance, if you fail to destroy the convoy, a city gets an extra couple of tanks and 20 infantry perhaps - yes i know convoys already exist in evo, but I would like to see missions included that count).

Lastly I would like to see the AI be able to win. At present, the AI are in a barrel just waiting for us to turn up. We have no fear of loss because we can't. Perhaps we could try the setting that gives our team so many lives? 500 seems too much. Maybe we could try half and see how that pans out?
                Jex.

Comment

Jex, I like having tags. Although I think it would be more imersive if we could get positions marked on the map with names(like Berzerk), more like GPS markings.

The "3d tags"(names on soldiers) have abviously made us all lazy about keeping our squads/ fireteams in order.

Another idea is that everyone put a "tattoo" on their soldiers neck.

AS for the covoy idea.. I like it.. If we dont take the tower down quickly, there should be punishment.. and a couple tanks, a couple APCs, 2 UAZs and couple infantry squads in a URAL as reinforcements.. might make people move in and take over the city faster than sitting on a hill sniping for three hours.
                  theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                  E Pluribus Unum
                  Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I must have got on yesterday after the server was reset. Gogeta was SL and I personally enjoyed veteran mode. I like no tags though it was funny to think Gogeta and my squad were beside me and turns out he was back at base and Insanatrix and another were there on the hill with me. I had some enemy troops in my cross hairs(249) and wanted to take them out but was waiting for weopons green. I'm saying I have the shot and Gogeta says but thats a little tough at this distance with the 249. I say no they're 200 meters away no prob He says I don't know. Where are you ? I say right next to you on the hill. He says I'm back at base I say(in my head) WTF Who's this next to me? Turns out when Gog said get in the Humvee I must have got in with Insanatrix thinking it was Gog driving!LOL

Comment

Originally posted by curtagain View Post
                      I must have got on yesterday after the server was reset. Gogeta was SL and I personally enjoyed veteran mode. I like no tags though it was funny to think Gogeta and my squad were beside me and turns out he was back at base and Insanatrix and another were there on the hill with me. I had some enemy troops in my cross hairs(249) and wanted to take them out but was waiting for weopons green. I'm saying I have the shot and Gogeta says but thats a little tough at this distance with the 249. I say no they're 200 meters away no prob He says I don't know. Where are you ? I say right next to you on the hill. He says I'm back at base I say(in my head) WTF Who's this next to me? Turns out when Gog said get in the Humvee I must have got in with Insanatrix thinking it was Gog driving!LOL
                      HAHAHA LMAO!!! :icon_lol::icon_lol:
                      Jex.

Comment

I'd personally like to see some different classes added again, provided it wasn't that difficult. Like Recon, SF Demo, Pilots, Crewman, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDebate View Post
                          I'd personally like to see some different classes added again, provided it wasn't that difficult. Like Recon, SF Demo, Pilots, Crewman, etc.
                          Yep I second that - and it will help with the no tags mode we have right now. Plus when we fly air wing - we want to look like pilots!! :)
                          Jex.

Comment

Yeah! :D

Comment

If you really didn't want to have tags appear as magical green text in the air, perhaps we could have it appear as lettering on the soldier's back, like some variation of your standard death number. If it's easy to pick out when he's blown to bits, it should be great when he's in one piece!
                              Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X