ArmA DramA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA DramA

SleepDoc's post ref ArmA not being popular made me wonder & wander along a similar path.

I know it is the HOLIDAY PERIOD so I hope that will be the explanation but I notice several BIG players are missing.
    4 spring to mind John C., LoyalGuard, John F & Jeepo all coincidentally from the Mech 1st Infantry.
    Anyone know of their whereabouts.
    I think Loyal is away from his Greenland base touring back home in the states, but what of the others, have they given up on ArmA???

I used to be in a Clan but now only reside here. I am well satisfied with the mix I get, really enjoying the Company & Camaraderie from my fighting Comrades.

But I like to belong so what's what with the various unit tags I see are they part of TG or outside this framework.
    I notice the 12th , -=TE=-, 1st Mech and others how are they managed are there some points of contact somewhere.
    I did visit JohnC's webby from the link in his sig is that how I go with the others???

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

I did enquire of the 1st Mech about joining up shortly after arriving here as I seemed to find I was linking up a lot with their players but nothing seemed to have happened so putting them to one side do any of you other groups have a webby page I could scan with a view to joining if jointly acceptable??

Thanks
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: ArmA DramA

Barnaby,at the top of this page is a link called resources. Click it-click Tactical Wiki. About 1/3 down the page is a link for in house squads! Cheers!

Comment

Ah rgr that Curt

I'll have an in depth look at them as there's more than I thought.
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Each of the IHS have their own wiki as curt said. Each squad has its own way of recruiting. Each squad also has a specific game that is their main game, although you are not stuck playing this specific game only.

I belong to the 5th JTF and for the most part we play the BF2 mod PoE2. Our recruiting is done by having potential players join our TS, squading up with us and basically just playing so the members get a chance to know them. Then we have a vote amongst the 5th team members.

Im sure if you look at the wiki of the squad you are looking into, there is a bit on recruiting, usually a link to their recruiting officer. Sent them a note.
        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
        E Pluribus Unum
        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Barnaby,

All have had various issues, mainly with real life that force less game time. Send them a PM, with the exception of Loyal you will catch the others on the site.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

And, since you are from Europe I suggest taking a look at the European inhouse squads too!
            There's only two at the moment:

The E1st

--> they do mainly play Battlefield 2142 I think, yet PanzerHans is member of the E1st. I think they are also recruiting now.

and

The E17th

--> that's the one I'm in. We are quite a young squad (in both the age of the squad and the age of the members :p) and we are recruiting now too. We currently play ArmA and a bit of 2142.

and then there's all the other squads.

Well, plenty of choice I guess :)

Comment

I'm happy to chime in on the status of the 1st MIP at the moment.

Our venerable leader John C. has just defended successfully his Phd candidacy. He's been off line for most of two months or so as he's been working like a dog to bring this long process to fruition. We (1st) are all real proud of his accomplishment. He's currently preparing to move (or visit? Im not quite sure) back to Turkey, his homeland.

Emale has is in the middle of a month long vacation in the Canadian Rockies.

Loyalguard is nearing the tail end of a 6 week long vacation in various parts of the U.S. and has been offline for all that time.

John Flenaly is currently playing other titles. He was very active in the early stages of Arma's rollout here and has taken a hiatus from regular Arma play.

Jeepo has had some serious issues with his newly built computer. That and some RL issues as well have taken him offline for an extended period of time.

Coridon has been tied up with RL issues for 4 or 5 months or so and has not been active in Arma. Those who played PRM .5 will remember him well.

For currently active 1st MIP (in ArmA) players that leaves myself, Amosely, Finestyle and Protoman swe. We pair up whenever we can in game but organized sessions with our unit have been few and far between over the last several weeks. As the fall approaches we'll get Emale, Loyal and John C back in our regular ranks I'm sure. Hopefully Jeepo will work out his computer and RL issues soon and we can add him to that list. I hope the same is true for Coridon but I'm not sure.

Right around the time the 1.08 patch came out the 1st made a formal decision to focus our activities around Armed Assault for the forseeable future.
              Last edited by Grunt 70; 08-14-2007, 11:52 AM.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Team Element (=TE=) is an external squad since we have our own resources like Teamspeak and such. We did meet through TG a few years ago. Our method of keeping in touch is varied. It could be forum posts, phone calls, or Teamspeak.

Jex and Fanatik are pretty avid flight sim fans. They've contributed a lot to the Falcon community here. Jex and Riyker have helped out previously with OFP. I used to script missions for the TG GR servers back in the day. Leezor dabbles with everything but spent a lot of time with OFP scripting. Overall, we play various games and some aren't hosted by TG. We do stay within the tactical FPS gaming genre most of the time but we've strayed to RTS games and racing sims.

Note: We are not openly recruiting so this isn't a recruitment post.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I think I may look into 1st MIP then since I know both Finestyle and Protoman from the BF2 tourney we are part of.
                  "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

Originally posted by GinSoakedBoy View Post
                    I think I may look into 1st MIP then since I know both Finestyle and Protoman from the BF2 tourney we are part of.
                    A good segueway to something I failed to mention in my post--any formal recruiting will be on hold till after the summer, given the current vacancies...don't shy away from joining up with any one of us in game however...that way we get a chance to pal around and figure out each other's playing style. By the by...the 1st doesn't really care too much about what ability you have or don't have...as long as you don't mind following orders and aren't opposed to following sop's you'll be a good candidate.

Cheers...
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Right-o, I'm in no particular rush. I can still play on the TG servers ;)
                      "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                        By the by...the 1st doesn't really care too much about what ability you have or don't have...as long as you don't mind following orders and aren't opposed to following sop's you'll be a good candidate.

Cheers...
                        ... and as long as you know how to line up in front a Stryker properly :D

@ Barnaby - There are several different IHS to check out..The 4th force recon link in my sig is a link to our WIki page.. which also has a list of all the other IHS here.. Enjoy!
                        Dizlor

Comment

Thanks guys this has turned into a big INTERESTING read for me now following all those links.

Thank you
                          Barnaby out
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                            ... and as long as you know how to line up in front a Stryker properly :D

Okay...I grant you that does seem a bit extreme...but the value of it is clear and apparent with a big squad. As a SL on ArmA I generally form my men up in front of me, at least once, to get a quick visual look of all of us together. I try to form Fire Teams at this stage because it helps me to remember names and FT leaders. And you guessed it, I learned that from John C.

Point taken
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                              Okay...I grant you that does seem a bit extreme...but the value of it is clear and apparent with a big squad. As a SL on ArmA I generally form my men up in front of me, at least once, to get a quick visual look of all of us together. I try to form Fire Teams at this stage because it helps me to remember names and FT leaders. And you guessed it, I learned that from John C.

Point taken
                              ... I wasnt degrading that by any means.. lol I love it.. especially when I know what to do and others dont ;) I learned for JohnC as well
                              Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X