Turn off engines on EVO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn off engines on EVO

Instead of using the Eject command, use the exit vehicle command . Ejecting leaves the engine running and thus looses all the fuel or are people that impatient that the extra half second you gain is that important to you? Turn the engines off, Evo won't run away ;)
    Jex.

Re: Turn off engines on EVO

this is worth pointing out, so thanks Jex.

If you really like ejecting, you can also turn off the engine manually and then eject.

Comment

Thanks I never kne that...

Comment

Good point, no reason to eject from a ground vehicle. Ejecting CAN be useful especially, when you need the pilot to assist in unloading ammo from a chopper and want to get back off the ground as quickly as possible without the startup sequence.

Comment

Nothing like seeing a transport in the distance, fighting your way too it and then seeing no fuel left...lol.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
            Nothing like seeing a transport in the distance, fighting your way too it and then seeing no fuel left...lol.
            Just last night, perched on a hill, binoculars in hand, I spied an MH6 lodged on a fence, engine running, no friendlies in sight. I decided to try and make it over and see if I could get it dislodged before the fuel ran out. I was successful.

As I flew it back to base, I could not stop wondering who put it there, and why they abandoned it - with the engine running, no less. Baffling.

Comment

Possibly they got shot out and it landed itself. AI has a wonderful talent of only hitting the pilot.
              |TG|Switch

Better known as:
              That noob who crashed the chopper.
              That noob who ran over the mine.
              That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
              That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Yeah I hear all vehicles near runway, and it bothers me alot, but I usually run and turn them off but try not to eject and think of the fuel being wasted :)

Comment

And man o' man with gas prices today! Let's save us a little money, even for the armed forces in our virtual world!

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
                    Possibly they got shot out and it landed itself. AI has a wonderful talent of only hitting the pilot.
                    No these are being left running at the base, and it's vehicles as well (i.e strkyers, etc) all over the map. It's not happening a lot but I think some players do not realise that eject keeps the engine running.
                    Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
                      Good point, no reason to eject from a ground vehicle. Ejecting CAN be useful especially, when you need the pilot to assist in unloading ammo from a chopper and want to get back off the ground as quickly as possible without the startup sequence.
                      Also when Shilkas take out your chopper, of if you wanna do para jumps inside city limits (kinda kamikaze, but actually fun when it works)
                      |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X