BIS Project Announcement, August 22nd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIS Project Announcement, August 22nd

Bohemia Interactive will be making a product announcement at the Leipzig Games Conference (presumably) tomorrow (22nd) sometime. They have mentioned (via IDEA Games) that this is something other than Queen's Gambit, which is also being shown off.

It will be interesting to see what the response to this is, both in the BIS forums (for the predictable comedy reactions) and here at TG (where, god willing, reason and intellect will be the order of the day and a useful conversation will develop from it). I personally think that it's going to be a very big deal, but without them having gone public with any details yet, it's obviously hard to explain why. Hopefully they'll spill a good deal of info tomorrow and start the hype machine cranking.

Anyhow. Figured I'd get a thread started about this for those who were unaware that something new was about to be unveiled.

edit: Screens from it:

Last edited by Dslyecxi; 08-21-2007, 06:50 PM.

Re: BIS Project Announcement, August 22nd

BEARS.. all I can say is I want to be working a SF mission in the mountains deep behind enemy lines and all of a sudden have a bear come charging at me...

Seriously, thanks for the heads-up, I'm always intrigued by what they release and I expect it will stick to the "realistic sim" that we have come to expect from them which makes it almost a guaranteed purchase for me. As long as it isn't 1000k like VBS :)

Comment

http://www.armedassault.com/index.php?id=news

My main wishlist would be:

1 Much more noob friendly mission making
      2 MP missions that come with the game much more TvT and realism oriented
      3 Much more robust Squad/organization interface/functionality
      4 Less buggy start

Comment

edit: moved screens to the root post

Comment

Well, gfx look ok-ish, don't care too much about them considering the ArmA environment is so large. Hope they launch that www.arma2.com site soon so we can learn what new functionality is added.

Come on guys time to flood this thread. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Taxi View Post
            Well, gfx look ok-ish, don't care too much about them considering the ArmA environment is so large. Hope they launch that www.arma2.com site soon so we can learn what new functionality is added.

Come on guys time to flood this thread. :p
            It doesn't come out for at least a year. These should be looked at the same way as the original ArmA screens - meaning, lots of improvement before the final release.

Comment

ahhh, the long-awaited Game 2. Even though it seems they have lowered their ambitions from when it was announced 2 years ago (dynamic conversations with civilian NPC's, etc), it still be fantastic, and all of us will get it. I just hope support for ArmA doesn't suffer, as they have clearly stated ArmA was a way to get development funds for Game 2, and as a halfway-way interim game until the true sequel to OFP came out (Game 2)

*updated - I'm just glad we get to fight Russians again! Much more fun to say than "North Sahrani's!"

Also, ArmA's problems are all worth it, as long as BIS identifies them and deals with them for ArmA 2.
              Last edited by boudreux; 08-21-2007, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Damn.. Im really learning alot about these games...(OFP and ArmA). This all sounds VERY interesting and Im looking forward to hearing more about it!!

Actually I think the pics look pretty sweet imo. The environments look awesome.. Ive always liked dark colors and smoldering industrial situations :D and I CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT HIND!!!! w00t

Thanks for the heads up Dys!
                Dizlor

Comment

This looks awesome, the vegetation and environment look amazing. It ought to get real interesting as they begin to release information. I read somewhere that they wanted to add a role playing element into this. I'm curious to see how and if they actually do it.

It's about time to start saving pennies for some serious upgrades.:icon_cool

Comment

ArmA II? When are they going to finish ARMA I?
                    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                    That noob who crashed the chopper.
                    That noob who ran over the mine.
                    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Fiddlestx View Post
                      This looks awesome, the vegetation and environment look amazing. It ought to get real interesting as they begin to release information. I read somewhere that they wanted to add a role playing element into this. I'm curious to see how and if they actually do it.

It's about time to start saving pennies for some serious upgrades.:icon_cool
                      The comparisons that are being made between this and "Game 2" are misleading. I don't think you should expect the featureset of Game2 to be in this, but rather for this to be a much improved enhancement of ArmA.

Comment

"Today at Games Convention in Leipzig, Bohemia Interactive announced ArmA 2, its latest military simulation game for PC DVD-ROM and next generation consoles (originally known also as Game 2)." - from http://www.armedassault.com/index.php?id=news

ArmA 2 is "Game 2".

In the press release, it says "challenging singleplayer". - That would be fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
                          BEARS.. all I can say is I want to be working a SF mission in the mountains deep behind enemy lines and all of a sudden have a bear come charging at me...
                          Not as dangerous as Bears, according to Stephen Colbert and the Threatdown, but almost as dangerous. - BUNNIES!

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...T;f=70;t=66999

Comment

Originally posted by boudreux View Post
                            "Today at Games Convention in Leipzig, Bohemia Interactive announced ArmA 2, its latest military simulation game for PC DVD-ROM and next generation consoles (originally known also as Game 2)." - from http://www.armedassault.com/index.php?id=news

ArmA 2 is "Game 2".

In the press release, it says "challenging singleplayer". - That would be fantastic!
                            Edit*
                            I
                            boudreux.. not only do you hunt me down out of 30 other people on my team in POE and kill me 5 times in a row. Now you have to steal my thunder :icon23: I'll be watching for you :p

Comment

Serious consideration though... if they're going to release the next version of this game in a years time, what incentive do they have to actually make ARMA I stable and playable for those that have paid for it? As it stands, the game is far from polished. Everyone has jumped to the developers defense, saying what about all the other game that were released buggy, and patches will come with time, etc etc. Well it seems like Bohemia's got their sights set on something entirely new, not supporting the current release. Can this possibly bode well for owners or ARMA I?
                              |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                              That noob who crashed the chopper.
                              That noob who ran over the mine.
                              That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                              That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X