Controls and Sound - quick question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controls and Sound - quick question

1) How do I take the "looseness" out of my mouse on this game? I have turned the floating point all the way off but the aiming reticule still seems very loose and funny feeling. How can I solidify this (like on BF2:PR)

2) I think I saw a sound package mentioned somewhere. Is that something to replace the in-game sounds? I think these sounds are pretty terrible. Everything sounds tiny.

Re: Controls and Sound - quick question

1.Everyone told me to slide my floating zone to the left which I did and like you said it seemed floaty but one day I slid floating zone to the right and don't you know suddenly I have a more stable cross hair which I find useful (coming from BF2 also.) I think my float zone is about 2/3 to the right now.
    2. I like the default sounds. There are a few posts concerning the sound mods in the Arma forums.

Comment

Originally posted by curtagain View Post
      1.Everyone told me to slide my floating zone to the left which I did and like you said it seemed floaty but one day I slid floating zone to the right and don't you know suddenly I have a more stable cross hair which I find useful (coming from BF2 also.) I think my float zone is about 2/3 to the right now.
      2. I like the default sounds. There are a few posts concerning the sound mods in the Arma forums.
      You're absolutely right. Putting your float zone about 2/3 over does make a big difference. All the way to the left doesn't feel right. About 2/3 to the right feels pretty solid.

I installed the VF_RealSoundV13_for_108 mod for sound. Sounds pretty good, the weapons have a lot more "oomph". I just with my own weapon sounded throaty-er and badder....especially the SAW.

Comment

The floating point adjusts if the sight moves your body as soon as you move (all the way left) or if the sight moves across the screen before your body moves (all the way right)

If you have it left, your guncross will move your view as soon as you pan left or right. With it all the way right, ONLY the guncross will move until it reaches the edge of the screen. At the point, your view will start moving.

Upon testing this it seems that if you are firing off center (i.e not directly in the center of the screen, in line with your body), then your stability time increases (the time it takes for the weapon to settle after each shot). Keeping the slider left will give you the quickest stabilisation period and in fact something you would see in RL. Firing the rifle down the body rather than having the body at an angle gives better accuracy.

Somebody else should test this because it seems slightly quicker and this may of course, only be, psychosomatic :)

As for a sound mod, Try Chammy's Sound Mod - I think a lot of TG'ers are using it.
        Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex View Post

As for a sound mod, Try Chammy's Sound Mod - I think a lot of TG'ers are using it.
          I have Chammy's Sound Mod installed as a mod...but can I play multiplayer with that? It has a sounds.pbo file - can I overwrite my vanilla sounds.pbo and use that so I don't have to load a special mod?

Comment

I'm not sure what you're saying. I copied the @CSM folder into the root of my Arma folder. I then add

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash [email protected]

to my shortcut - it works in MP. The nosplash gets rid of those credits when you start the game btw.
            Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex View Post
              I'm not sure what you're saying. I copied the @CSM folder into the root of my Arma folder. I then add

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash [email protected]

to my shortcut - it works in MP. The nosplash gets rid of those credits when you start the game btw.
              Thats exactly what I needed. I wasn't sure if adding that command line parameter would work with Multiplayer.

Comment

welcome vanity...looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by vanity11 View Post
                  Thats exactly what I needed. I wasn't sure if adding that command line parameter would work with Multiplayer.
                  Great! Glad I could be of help :)
                  Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...