Just one question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just one question

Hey im Gijoe from the Battlefield side of things and i was just wondering if Armed Assault was a first person shooter because i have seen videos when it is in 3rd person. So i just need a quick and simple answer yes or no.

Thx, Gijoe
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Re: Just one question

Yes and no is the quick and simple answer

Read on for a fully in depth answer, normally TG have the 3rd view disabled.
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

If it is allowed in the game settings, you can toggle 3rd person view. You're not restricted to 3rd person.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

IMHO, I would classify it more as a combat sim than a first person shooter, although most of the playing is done from the first person perspective.

Comment

Armed Assault is so much different from BF2. The biggest difference, I think, is getting back in to battle after dying. In some missions its one death and you are out until the next mission starts. Some missions allow for a limited respawn--say 3 times and then you are done.

Patience is key in this title. Many times you'll spawn in and you'll be many km's away from the battlefield, requiring dedicated air transport or a long self transit to the front lines.

This really slows the game down quite a bit. Players become super cautious about engaging enemies without proper backup and encourages serious teamwork from all members of your squad. This is good.

One of the biggest transitions I've had to make from BF2 ( and I was a hard core PRM fan for a long long time - still am really) was lack of structure. Armed Assault pretty much demands players banding together to form units and there really isn't a squad structure in place a la BF2...It's all player driven so if you've got natural leaders on board it's easy. If you've got people online who don't lead usually it's a bit harder to play effectively.

Normal range for engagements in Arma is approximately 200-500 meters... PRM ...probably 50-200 meters. Armed Assault really requires a keen observational eye in order to play effectively...very good situational awareness will reward the player very well.

Cmon down...it's a heck of a lot of fun...This game, when it's done right, is so immersive and will draw you in and not let go.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed