This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manners Huh

What gives with the "out of the blue" server re-sets.

I find it annoying that I can be working through a map then without any warning the server just gets re-set.

This of course means we have to start al over again and at Private rank too.

Is there somewhere these times for re-sets are shown or is it just done by an admin without any thought for those playing.

What's difficult for an admin to just prompt those playing or even better agree a joint suitable time for this to be done.

Any chance an admin can elucidate here please.

I f you need to check the logs this happened about 15mins past midnight here in the UK.
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Manners Huh

NO!! I was hoping to get home tonight and finish off the map!!!! D: Im sick of paraiso, somato, cayo ... :(
    Dizlor

Comment

I think there was going to be a reset tomorrow before the scheduled event (before it was cancelled). I don't know why but admins said the Evo server would be down during that period.

Good point though. It sucks having to start all over and relying on others to get kitted out with locked kits.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

The Evo server will remain up tommorow due to no event. As for the people restarting the mission, it has now been fixed so only a Admin can restart Evolution.

Normal voting will remain in effect for the CoOp server.
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I really dont think the restarts are only on the ArmA servers, The PoE keeps crashing also(at least once a day).. most of the TG servers are on one server hub in Virginia.
          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
          E Pluribus Unum
          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

The server is solid, there has been no interuptions of service as far as I can tell. ArmA is o a different server than any other games here, so it is pretty good about not crashing.
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I said that because the last 3 times the Evo server crashed, I went down to the 5th TS channel to find that the PoE server had crashed also. Im sure they are seperate servers, but if the hub looses power or flakes out then all the servers will.
              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
              E Pluribus Unum
              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I concur although we were attempting to make it through Black Sword 8 man coop and the server reset 20 to 40 minutes into the mission 3 times. We assumed this was the mission causing it (or a admin unsatisfied with the way the round was going?)but I've been on the EVO server and it's happened unexpectedly there also. Very annoying to invest the time and to feel like a pion as server resets!

Comment

Is this server crashes or people logged in as admin restarting it?
                  Jex.

Comment

People that logged in as a admin. ;) So blame your peers!! But like I said before, that option has been limited now.

Comment

Not all apparent restarts are a result of a malicious admin. With the server up 24/7 someone logged in after the majority have left, may not want 8 hours of night, so the server gets reset. Also, the mission is buggy to begin with. If you see someone logged in as admin and then the server resets, ask them about it.
                      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Just to fine tune last night's reset information as I witnessed it and replying to KhAn.

There were 7-8 of us having been working our way through the towns.
                        At about 00.15 AM GMT the server got reset/crashed.
                        AT no time did any ADMIN say the server was about to be reset.

I don't think even as you KaHn suggest that this was due to the 24/7 running of the server. An ADMIN should not just reset without informing those active on the server of his need to do so and that should not be just because he doesn't like the game state/style /map being played.

BigC seems to be saying it was an ADMIN that reset the server at this time and that now going forward tighter controls are being applied so this shouldn't occur again. Good!

I still do find it incredible that whoever did this could be so selfish.
                        I didn't bother to re-connect after this not just because of the reset but more because of the manner in which it was done.

I am a Supporting Member and did think TG was a great find, but I do expect to be treated with more respect than happened last night.

Maybe I have mis-understood how TG runs but surely it is for the benifit of all and not for just a select few.
                        "I like a man who grins when he fights"
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Barnaby, you really do get your pants in a bunch often.

No ArmA admins reset it. We have to be logged into the game to restart the mission. It is very possible the buggy Evo mission reset itself. Maybe the moons were aligned just so.

Please quit accusing and threatening. thanks.

Comment

I don't think an admin would have or could have reset it.. unless they were Logged into the game at the time. There are many times when C wants to make changes to the server or needs the Box reset..and will not do it when it is active. Plus.. Only a handful of the Admins have box access... so if it was shutdown and restarted..then look to a server/box failure (or the MS updates automatically restarted the server etc..)
                            I would look and see who was playing at the time first and foremost.
                            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                            ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I think the "admins" that BigC were referring to were those types of admins who are voted in by a player vote to change maps, restart servers, etc. Not to be confused with the TG Appointed Admins like Boudreux and Khan.
                              | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X