EVO improvements?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVO improvements?

I post here cause the post below called EVO wishlist seems to not have generated a admin response(though they're probobaly working on it in the background!) It seems the common concensus is friendly tags with AI turned up. There are other great suggestions(random attack pattern rather than Parisio first each time for one). What do you say?

Re: EVO improvements?

Evo is constantly modded. Some of the things are unrealistic, like somehow editing tags above and beyond what they are standard, without a MOD. Random attack patterns are another area that a major overhaul that probably won’t happen.

The major issues people point out are the mission maker’s responsibility, not a server host tweak. We could spend forever editing this one mission, but most mission makers here at TG are concentrated delivering fresh missions versus rehashing someone else’s work.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

So my guess is we're looking for a replacement for the EVO server that has the tweaks we agree on the setting AI are on in the "vet mode" mod while leaving the tags)?

Comment

Evo might never be able to do all that, unless a major overhaul happened by the creator. They only way to accomplish veteran mode and tags simultaneously is using some fancy scripting work, which would take forever to do. I am not against editing the description.ext or init.sqf for a quick edit, but when a complete restructuring of the game which requires a total rewrite of the mission.sqm is required, I tend to stay away from that.

Evolution is just one mission out of hundreds that can be played. There are so many out there that are able to deliver a long term engagment, but the community has asked that this one specific mission be played all the time.
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
          Evolution is just one mission out of hundreds that can be played. There are so many out there that are able to deliver a long term engagment, but the community has asked that this one specific mission be played all the time.
          Not the entire community.

Comment

Originally posted by mingmong View Post
            Not the entire community.
            I do stand corrected, 49% of the people who polled did ask for it. However, as a positive, we do offer a totally separate server to truly experience ArmA. That is why everybody here has a choice.
            :row__523:

Comment

I think the appeal of evo is that it is a continuing battle. When you get online there's a campaign to be played.

However, Evo, as good as it is, has some obvious failings to it. It's a great start but now that start has been made, we need a new mission up on the server to replace it.

I think what the community would like to see is a more dynamic campaign. Something that goes along the lines of evo but has a lot more depth.
              Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex View Post
                I think the appeal of evo is that it is a continuing battle. When you get online there's a campaign to be played.

However, Evo, as good as it is, has some obvious failings to it. It's a great start but now that start has been made, we need a new mission up on the server to replace it.

I think what the community would like to see is a more dynamic campaign. Something that goes along the lines of evo but has a lot more depth.
                We have another server with many options. I don't understand why every few weeks someone states we need a new mission, when we have many new missions, not picking on you Jex just this gets said all the time and I wonder why people do not go to the other server more often if that is the real feeling.
                |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                  We have another server with many options. I don't understand why every few weeks someone states we need a new mission, when we have many new missions, not picking on you Jex just this gets said all the time and I wonder why people do not go to the other server more often if that is the real feeling.
                  What I'm getting at is that missions are a one go affair. There's nothing going on around it. What I would like to see is more of a war going on and I'm part of the engine, with missions to do in that war (capturing cities, attacking bases, defending base, SAR, etc). So something that is big, along the lines of evo, but more varied. Single missions are good, but I would like to see a dynamic campaign where the enemy fight back.

Falcon 4 is a good example. You are just one pilot in a massive war with hundreds of missions to choose from, each of those affecting the campaign. :)
                  Jex.

Comment

I think Jex is hinting at a real full on capture the island. I too would love to see CTI like in the demo(:/ that worked)
                    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                    E Pluribus Unum
                    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Shiner has said a few times that he is working on a new map that could be replacing Evo.

Comment

many of the things Jex mentioned are incorporated in Shiner's new behemoth of a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeTA View Post
                          Shiner has said a few times that he is working on a new map that could be replacing Evo.
                          This is great news indeed... then can be my return back to arma, I know CTI is pretty fun when many players connected but its hard to get them out of evo :|

Comment

TG DOMINATION is coming soon!!! We had what I think will be the final closed beta test this Sunday. Domination delivers everything you guys are asking and will be a platform that allows us to "OWN" the product and control the development direction and feature set completely.

That being said, Domination is really here to address the "middle" and won't be the only solution, as others have said, we have multiple servers running (2-3) and have 100s of missions on the server right now.

I will be releasing a some publicity documents for Domination here first as we continue the beta phase and I'm counting on good feedback from the players to help drive the continued development of all our in-house missions.

Comment

Great Stuff guys! Can't wait to try it out. Good luck this sunday :)
                              Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X