Huzzah!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huzzah!

I finally got the game, and am installing it as I type this thanks to Atomic's help because I'm a complete computer noob. Anyhoo, hope to see you all soon. Woo!

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: Huzzah!

What took you so long Delta? :)
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Nubsauce
      | | |

Comment

lol glad to see you finally made it :) Hope my drunken flying last night wasnt too scary :P
        Dizlor

Comment

Well, I've discovered I'm terrible at this game, and apparently, I'm not allowed to use a sniper rifle. >< There are many aspects of this game that I don't understand, nor does the stupid pamphlet explain.

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Yeah, I told BI to hard-code that denial into the game.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
              Well, I've discovered I'm terrible at this game, and apparently, I'm not allowed to use a sniper rifle. >< There are many aspects of this game that I don't understand, nor does the stupid pamphlet explain.
              If it is things about the Evolution 3.0 mission you do not understand (including not having immediate access to the sniper rifle - not including ednos' special request ;) ) check this out:

Evolution 3.0 TG Player's Guide at the TacticalWiki
              LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                The documentation is incredibly poor. Many of the things other players tell me about must have been found through attempting to mod the game or random trial and error.

It's taken me about a week but I'm finally getting the hang of it. At first though, you're correct, there is virtually no quality "New Guy" documentation.

On this topic, are other simulations going this route also? I have IL-72 and recently purchased Lock-On, which I returned. Both lack quality documentation on HOW to do things. There may be a key-mapping page, but that doesn't explain what those keys do or how to adjust your radar, find an enemy, lock on, and then engage.

ArmA is similar. You have a key-mapping page and that's about it. It used to be that with dedicated simulations you had a wonderful 200+ page manual to go through and learn with. Now, you get nothing. I started taking games back b/c I don't want to do Documentation work for companies. You designed it, make sure you document it for your customers.

Comment

Delta, the learning curve on this game is a week or more. You'll be running around quickly, but it does take weeks and weeks to encounter all the little nuances - from saluting to joining a squad while in vehicles. Folks will show you the way as you go.

Patience.

Comment

I downloaded mine from atari.com, so I don't know what material came with the game, but does anyone know if it's the same 37 page .pdf guide that came with the download?
                    | | |

Comment

It is difficult to learn, but there is an included set of tutorial missions that shows you how to do all the basics, which I found extremely helpfull when I first got the game. Also, the armoury is great for trying out new vehicles/units/equipment (you can unlock all the vehicles in ArmA by pressing "Shift and numpad -" at the same time then typing "getallgear" ingame - no need to hit enter afterwards). Then play a couple of SP missions et voila.

I think it still takes a few good MP sessions to feel confident. This is one of the few games where it takes more than mere learning the controls to immediately transfer skill from one game to the next. It can be frustrating, but very rewarding! and you will be learning new things everytime you play.

And remember.....Evo is not ArmA. It's a community made mission that introduces many features on it's own some of which are buggy and frustrating. There is an incredible variety of missions and scenarios out there, included 2 man sniper missions :icon19:

Hope to see you in Sahrani soon :row__523:

Atomic Dog - Yes, the printed manual is the same as the pdf.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                        I downloaded mine from atari.com, so I don't know what material came with the game, but does anyone know if it's the same 37 page .pdf guide that came with the download?
                        Probably.. The book is 37 pages.. and it is almost worthless :D
                        Anyone else notice the sniper rifle on page 17.. :row__681:omg someone was a nub lol

Bookmark this..(I created a bookmark folder for ArmA alone, well every game has its own folder :) )
                        http://dslyecxi.com/armattp.html
                        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                        E Pluribus Unum
                        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I've found that now that I can actually access the sniper rifle, I'm a pretty decent shot with it. Now to just get used to the rest of the game... =P Thanks to everyone who's helped me out so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                            Probably.. The book is 37 pages.. and it is almost worthless :D
                            Anyone else notice the sniper rifle on page 17.. :row__681:omg someone was a nub lol

Bookmark this..(I created a bookmark folder for ArmA alone, well every game has its own folder :) )
                            http://dslyecxi.com/armattp.html
                            PERFECT!! THANKS!

Comment

Dude, that is a sniper rifle.. They just forgot the scope and added 95 rounds to the clip..... :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X