This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Teamspeak!

What's the deal with so many players not using teamspeak? Last night on the Evo server, more than half the team could hear TS transmissions but would not or could not respond to them. Some players appeared to not be using it at all.

Teamspeak is currently the sole method of in-game voice communication for this game. It is used for giving orders, calling targets, and relaying critical information about squad activity. It is critical that all players use it.

There was a time when we had a pretty lengthy discussion on how teamspeak would best be organized for Evolution and similar type scenarios. I thought we came up with a pretty elegant solution of players checking in with squad leaders, moving to appropriate channels, and using the TS commander system to communicate. These are laid out in the ArmA TS SOP's. Why do so many people simply not do it?

Re: Use Teamspeak!

Bump - and add "Use Forums!"

Comment

here here!!!
      Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

It's frustrating being an SL with team members either not talking or not having a mic. A mic is cheap - there is no reason not to have one unless you feel like a geek using it and if that is the case - go somewhere else.
        Jex.

Comment

I never understood how people can't have a mic. You can afford a $1500+ rig to play a game as demanding as ArmA, but you can't afford a $15 mic?

Even if you're younger and your parents bought your machine, sack up. It's $15, you know you can afford it. That's like the cost of 2 meals at Subway.

OoOoOoo! So expensive!

Comment

since i'm not a supporting member it may not be my place to respond to this thread, but i will. Some players really do not feel comfortable talking on a mic, some players have family reasons for not talking on a mic. It also has been my observation that some of the better team players don't talk on mics. And after reading some of the smart*** remarks on this thread, maybe they just don't want to talk to yall.

Comment

I think the frustration easily goes both ways with this.

Those without mics are thinking; "Jeez, what's the big deal?" and those with mics are thinking; "Exactly! What's the big deal! Get the mic!"

It's an entirely different game once you have working VOIP. It's almost inexplicable and you'll contribute more towards your team when you can communicate instantly and accurately.

I'm sure some people are worried about the language coming over their speakers, especially those with watchful parents. But rest assured, the TG community is far better than the racist, expletive filled-world of younger gamers on consoles. There are standards and accountability on the TG teamspeak server.

Comment

TS is not optional...
                "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

This is a tough one to debate. It would be nice if all players used a mic but it's not part of the rules. It's only part of the rules to be on TeamSpeak.

The posts are quite valid though. There really isn't any reason to not speak over mic. It's quite difficult to communicate in games unless there is voice. Any of the reasons to not use a mic have been debunked quite nicely in another thread in this forum.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by soonerfan1966 View Post
                    since i'm not a supporting member it may not be my place to respond to this thread, but i will. Some players really do not feel comfortable talking on a mic, some players have family reasons for not talking on a mic. It also has been my observation that some of the better team players don't talk on mics. And after reading some of the smart*** remarks on this thread, maybe they just don't want to talk to yall.
                    Unfortunately, this game requires communication.......period.

Some players really do not feel comfortable talking on a mic,
                    Really? OK, that's not a reason...nobody here is going to make fun of your voice here. Suck it up and get over it.

some players have family reasons for not talking on a mic.
                    I understand that some people can't talk on their mics late at night...I can accept that, but these people should be making an extra effort to use text (and paying extra attention). I don't know anyone that regularly plays on the TG server that wouldn't accommodate people in this situation.

And after reading some of the smart*** remarks on this thread, maybe they just don't want to talk to yall
                    There is absolutely no excuse for not communicating on the server, either by voice or text. NONE. If people can't understand this, I suggest they find a server that doesn't require communication in their SOP's.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
                      This is a tough one to debate. It would be nice if all players used a mic but it's not part of the rules. It's only part of the rules to be on TeamSpeak.

The posts are quite valid though. There really isn't any reason to not speak over mic. It's quite difficult to communicate in games unless there is voice. Any of the reasons to not use a mic have been debunked quite nicely in another thread in this forum.
                      It is part of the rules and people should do it - and in a perfect world they'd all go out and buy mics to play by the rules and we wouldn't have an issue. The problem is that some things are keeping them from getting mics and we should work on pinpointing and resolving those issues. Being aggressive and abrasive towards those players won't motivate them to do anything. In fact, telling them they have to do it will normally have the opposite effect. Nobody responds well to being bossed around.

So those of you who don't have mics, lets have an open discussion on why you don't use one. There's no use mocking you or being negative towards you. If we can figure out why you aren't using mics we can work on solutions. Thus far, I don't think we have any solid answers because people w/o mics are too worried about getting "in trouble" or made fun of that they won't speak up and tell us why.

So you don't have a mic. Ok, that's fine. What needs to happen to get you one?

Comment

This is not going to be another TS debate. TS is mandatory to hear your teammates in game. If you cannot use your voice comms, please refrain from using the CoOp server because you will be removed immediately. If on the Evo server, you better be communicating back from what you hear on TS by at the minimum typing.

I understand that there are times where talking is not feasible due to technical issues or home issues, but this game requires communication.

This thread was meant to be a reminder about that and it did just that….
                        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X