Youtube, US Green Berets, FOB Cobra, Uruzgan, Afghanistan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube, US Green Berets, FOB Cobra, Uruzgan, Afghanistan

Probably not the right forum to post this (just posting it here cause I only frequent the ArmA forums) but here's a link to a youtube version of a National Geographic documentary about US Green Berets in FOB Cobra, in the Dutch lead Uruzgan province, Afghanistan (there are 7 parts).

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=0K6laW...elated&search=

Just wanted to share it.

Re: Youtube, US Green Berets, FOB Cobra, Uruzgan, Afghanistan

Wish I would've caught it when it aired. Thanks for sharing. Certainly a tough emotional ride toward the end.
    | | |

Comment

That was neat. I just watched all of them on YouTube.

Comment

Excellent post bro!

I really don't know what to say. This is probably one of the better documentaries(Don't know if we should even call it that) that I have ever seen. It shows that when we are at home safely tucked away in our beds, that men like these are protecting not only our lives...but the lives of the Afghani's. This also shows that Special Forces isn't as glamorous as Hollywood and Video games make it to be. It is a tough job that these men have to encounter on a daily basis and for the most part, most of their work will never be known.

As for the "accidental" headlights that the ANA turned on. I am no subject matter expert, but from what I saw was pretty shady. To be honest with you, I wouldn't trust those guys as far as I could throw them. The ANA is much like the IP(Iraqi Police) in which they were in cahoots with the enemy. But like I said...you can never tell.

Thanks for sharing!
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Yeah I DVR'ed that this week, I remember when that was breaking news, it was a good show.. Love those hmmmv gun trucks

And ANA putting the headlights on is shady to me too

Comment

Really good video

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Just had a chance to watch them all...very powerful stuff!

Gone but not forgotten!
              LoyalGuard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...