Getting maps up...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting maps up...

Is it possible we can expand the # of people who can put maps on the coop server.

Theres alot of stuff I'd like to try, but its near impossible getting maps put up without waiting a few days.

Also, I heard we have a 'new server'

Is that the evo server or the coop server, or both?
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: Getting maps up...

Currently due to the method of install, only a very limited amount of people have access to upload missions. That will not change in the foreseeable future due to the fact that it requires direct server access. I have not heard of any issues of people submitting missions and they not being published. That being said, we will not utilize the servers as a frequent test bed for missions that compete for CoOp server time. People should download the dedicated server software and run it locally to work out the major bugs prior to upload.

If you have something you want people to check out while you work on it, the community has been great about vetting it and helping the developer make a solid mission…
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

This is one of the draw backs of community ran servers and it is not possible to give server access to everyone. As an ex-game officer myself, believe me when I say it can be frustrating at times having a handful of admins and they cannot be on all the time.

I think BigC's suggestion of grabbing some missions and testing them to put up on the server is a great idea. Check this link (http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=mp_missions), it takes you to the mission list at Armaholic.

BigC, what requirements are needed to test these? Is it enough just to load the mission and make sure it runs or does it need to be played out first? Playing through whole missions may not be feasible all the time.
      Jex.

Comment

All we are looking for is playability and potential. I do not expect people to find the "perfect", because that is always debateable and never the case. Missions that come from places like ArmAholics are usually tested by the admin team on the server at some point.

I was more reffering to user created missions that people want to load 40 different versions so they can work out all the bugs.
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

When I said 'stuff I want to try' I wasn't talking about testing missions in development. I can't make anything on that editor. I'm talking about missions Ive played and enjoyed. Goon from 9th has created MANY missions, and has many more in progress. Alot of them are in my MP catch and good to go, if uploaded onto the server.

His most recent finished creation is a TvT C&H in parisio. 18vs18, 5 flags within the city. All infy, no armor, air, explosives. He finished it just a day ago and it already filled a server.
          |TG|Switch

Better known as:
          That noob who crashed the chopper.
          That noob who ran over the mine.
          That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
          That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

I got a chance to play that Goons mission tonight. It was alot of fun. He just has to fix the bug that won't end the map :).

It would be awesome to get that hide and seek map put at as well to offer an alternative to serial killer for small numbers.

Comment

yep the tvt on the 9th was good fun and I think it would be a good idea to have an official game where we have command structure and plans in place.
              Jex.

Comment

I think we have a pretty decent process in-place to get new missions on the server. Not sure that a 1-2 day delay is that bad of a deal, considering the trade-off between security of admin's with box access and the availability of those admins. Personally, accessing the box requires software and ports blocked by my corporate firewall, meaning that I can only upload from my home computer and my work is such that that doesn't always happen on a daily basis.

I know we are all part of the "inpatient" generation, but this is one of those areas where the technology doesn't fit the instant gratification we have come to expect. Maybe in the future there will be alternative methods for loading the missions to the servers...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X