Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ArmA: Queen's Gambit info/screens/opinion...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA: Queen's Gambit info/screens/opinion...

First off... it is my opinion that this add-on is NOT worth 20 bucks, maybe 5 but thats about it...
    Most of this stuff or similar stuff can be free from the many community add-ons made and released, present and future... but if you want, here is the info...

Armed Assault: Queen's Gambit:

The true conclusion of critically acclaimed ArmA: Armed Assault, the ultimate modern combat simulation for PC, brings the heat of war to your home one more time in this official expansion pack.
    Discover the fate of Sahrani island along with secret operation missions and multiplayer mayhem within new environments especially designed for massive battles. Freedom of action melted with total realism makes this addon grave testament of it's own.
    Two new story based campaigns:

The Rahmadi Conflict: Beautifly designed 3 large missions involving massive battles between the SLA, US and RACS forces within massive fortifications.

Royal Flush: A group of seasoned mercenaries in 7 action/ stealth missions hungry for one dirty goal. Just what is really waiting at the end of the road? New features of this campaign include equipment management including arms merchant.
    New Multiplayer Missions:

Urban Raid: Cooperative MP scenario designed for group of 6 battle-hardened Special Forces soldiers.

Battle of Porto: A "capture and hold" scenario for forty players on a brand new and beautiful sandy island of Porto.
    New Environments:

Porto Island: designed for smaller multiplayer scenarios and offers perfect environment for intense battles in urban terrain

United Sahrani: United Sahrani contains new structures built since the original story of Armed Assault with dozens of improvements
    New Vehicles:

Airplane: DC3, A10*, Su34*
    Car: HMMWV Limousine, MG mounted pickups, Motorbikes*
    New weapons:

Grenadelauncher: 6G30
    Rifles: M16A4*, M16A4 ACOG*, M16A4 GL*, M16A4 ACOG GL*, AK74 PSO1*
    Sniper Rifles: M107*, KSVK*
    http://www.armedassault.com/queensgambit.html

My screen's:

Well you get new splash screens:

a couple of new units that look just like other units or free add-ons already available:

a spy... don't look like a spy to me, but does look cool... more like a SWAT officer, lol:

2 new short campaigns:

NO new SP missions, couple of new MP missions, only one worth it, (our type of gaming, co-op):

Dynamic weather and countdown feature:

1st contact:

203 round out:

no improvement to enemy or friend AI, or any code for that matter:

the new island, kinda cool but small, would of preferred something like a city in Iraq, or maybe different weather terrain like the snowy mountains, something DIFFERENT:

Small island with a radio tower, then the main island:

flying over the main town:

small cliffs at the waterfront:

other side more smooth:

no real difference with the other "new land mass":

I'll share more about the campaigns with screens later... didn't want to spoil anything for those who might want the add-on.... at this time. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: ArmA: Queen's Gambit info/screens/opinion...

Thanks for the pics Magnum!! It looks decent, especially seeing a new maps to play with.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

REview here - http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=1568&d=0

and comments at Bis here - http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...4;t=68641;st=0

seems like a mixed bag. Some love it, some don't.
      Jex.

Comment

Well I'm not saying it's bad... just that at 20 bucks not worth it, when members of our community put out better stuff and get nothing for there work... a couple of these guys put together some stuff and are allowed to sell it as a add-on, thats what I don't agree with.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

What do expect in a capitalist market? I agree with you that the sum of all addons that the community have put together equal 10 times, if not more, than what QG offers but as BIS is a company, it wants sales. 20 though seems a bit high, I could get mine for 12.99.

Edit: in fact, when I called my local game store yesterday (owned by electronics boutique), they told me the game was 19.99. However, when I looked on their website, I could get it delivered for 12.99 but the thing that got me, on their website they had the RRP at 14.99 - so Game/EB are over charging in their stores.
          Jex.

Comment

Nice write up Magnum... Im gonna have to agree, this doesnt sound like its worth $20... Now TacMod Domination on the other hand!!!! Definatly :D
            Dizlor

Comment

I see the new Porto Island, but the other map is just a current map upgrade?
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

yep just porto island, 2nd map is sahrani without border fences in parisio

Comment

I have a sneaky feeling that as soon as the modding community wants to, they'll just recreate all the things from the expansion and give it to the Arma community.
                  Skud

Comment

Originally posted by VegaBond View Post
                    yep just porto island, 2nd map is sahrani without border fences in parisio
                    Well there are a few more changes than that scattered around Sahrani.

The United Sahrani map represents the Island after reunification, so some on the OPFOR bases have been razed, and some economic development has occured (i.e. gravel pits, lumber mill, smaller isolated wharfs). Are a few of the things I've noticed.

Comment

yeah theres a few new ares power plant and bases are now with mining area's still for like small side missions.. I like it, I was playing it earlier today and thought of like 20 missions for porta...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X