• Show
Clear All

• TG VS 9th. ROSTER/BATTLE PLAN (9th, NO PEEKING) 10-17-07

****UPDATE****
    Updated information per Switch's request follows directly below:

Originally posted by Switch
    All information for this event is located here:
    http://docs.google.com/View?docid=ddn7svgt_5gznjtm
    Make sure your read this if you are participating or wish to.
    SL's MUST examine the battle plan and provide feed back.

DATE:
    17 October 2007
    9:30 EST (21:30 EST)

BRIEF:
    9th has challenged us to a large scale battle NE vs SW. Advance and secure on the entire island with several of the larger towns contested. All flags must be taken consecutively. Corazol starts unoccupied and is the first battle zone.

We will need a large infantry contingent to control the ground and capture/defend flags. An armor team will act in support of ground units along with providing AA. An air team will handle transport, air superiority, and CAS. A small CO element will coordinate and provide orders/objectives.

The success of this battle relies on your participation. Please sign up here or PM me to be added to the list.

BATTLE PLAN & other details:
    http://docs.google.com/View?docid=ddn7svgt_5gznjtm

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our apc...
    ALL IMPORTANT UPDATES WILL BE EDITED INTO THIS POST

DO NOT DISCUSS DETAILS IN THE ORIGINAL THREAD, THIS THREAD IS 9th FREE.

DATE:
    17 October 2007

BRIEF:
    9th has challenged us to a large scale battle NE vs SW. Advance and secure on the entire island with several of the larger towns contested. All flags must be taken consecutively. Cayo starts unoccupied and is the first battle zone.

We will need a large infantry contingent to control the ground and capture/defend flags. An armor team will act in support of ground units along with providing AAA. An air team will handle transport, air superiority, and CAS. A small CO element will coordinate and provide orders/objectives.

The success of this battle relies on your participation. Please sign up here or PM me to be added to the list. Once we have a sizable number of participants we can begin planning. For this operation to be in depth and intricate we need every one we have to participate.

CURRENT ROSTER: 16
    Switch
    Grunt
    Mosely
    Ivan_the_ubernice
    JAgnew
    Gillespie
    Curtigan
    Tazz
    bigsteve
    Ratatomik
    Squinty
    Mercenarius
    Nikolai
    DaChevs123
    ANGELofDEATH
    HawkeyeTA

RESERVES: 3
    rcpro8
    matrim
    codeblue
    Last edited by Atomic Dog; 10-16-2007, 11:59 AM. Reason: Removed player from roster (Fiddlestx); updated roster count
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: TG VS 9th. ROSTER/BATTLE PLAN (9th, NO PEEKING)

Sign me up, please. If I can't make it on the 17th, I'll let you know in advance.

Comment

Sign me up as well, this sounds like a lot of fun.

Comment

Count me in if possible.

Comment

Looks like we aren't getting the numbers for this one - we need more players!

Comment

I'd like to come, but just too late for us poor Europeans. Understandable it isn't earlier though since it'd mess up for the west coasters

Comment

Oops, I lied about updating the top post. Didn't realize that you lose edit ability after a short while.

Anyway, we are certainly cutting it thin for #'s. I trust we can muster at least 20. If we do that, I'll find a team of 10 elsewhere to participate on our side. Right now we've almost got a 3rd of what we need. C'mon guys, I know there are alot more of us out there. I've seen our #'s at previous events.

Once we get 15 guys I'll start releasing tentative strategy and map intel like the # and types of units for both sides, slots, etc.

Current Roster: 8
              Switch
              Grunt
              Mosely
              Ivan_the_ubernice
              JAgnew
              Gillespie
              Fiddlestix
              Curtigan
              |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

Sign me up
                *If you like tactics
                *If you like teamwork
                *If you like "HUGE" Co-ordinated Multiplayer games
                *If you like being part of something
                *If you want to play with fun people

Join the fight at IC-ArmA

ic-arma.com Register,JoinDivision(Kingdom of Sahrani BLUFOR)

We were the people to break the persons record for armed assault we've held 130 people in a server.

Comment

I went ahead and updated the roster with the new sign ups. If you need OP edited for this again, feel free to drop a line to me or any other ArmA admin.
                  | | |

Comment

Sign me up as well please.

Comment

Re: TG VS 9th. ROSTER/BATTLE PLAN (9th, NO PEEKING) 10-17-07

Sound good , im in
                      sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

I can make it, sign me up.

Comment

Roster updated..count is now 12.
                          LoyalGuard

Comment

With our low interest in this event thus far (there always seems to be a huge # of people who want to participate on game day. Please don't wait till then to make it known!) I'm going to have to get some people from other communities to join with us on our side. If you have a suggestion or preference as to who we should work with, let me know and I'll contact them. So far I was considering http://www.4thib.com/ and http://www.teamelement.org/. If you think this should just be a TG endeavor, then get your fellow TG'ers to join up. I'd LOVE to have a full battle group of TG players instead of us and mixed company. Until then though, we'll enjoy the company of others.

Its very difficult to plan this short handed, so in the next few days I'll release a tentative strategy based on a full roster and we'll have to augment it as necessary depending on our final #s. Currently we have 12, which means I expect to recruit a few more of us and get a sizable force from another team to join TG in the battle. I'm going to assume we can hit at least 25. If we get that many I'm confident we can fight well even at a 5 man disadvantage. If we have all 30 it will just be a slaughter! Here's to hoping.

We are fighting as the EAST. --- I'm guessing most of you assumed we'd be west. Nope. Enjoy the increased lvl of difficulty you AK haters.

Target cities in the order that we must capture them:
                            OURS AT START
                            Masbete
                            Benoma
                            Bagango
                            Mercalillo
                            Obregan

NEUTRAL AT START
                            Corazol

BLUFOR AT START
                            Ortego
                            Dolores
                            Cayo
                            Gulan
                            Somato

The map begins with Corazol neutral, so thats where the battle will begin.

Each team has a 'forward base'. These bases spawn armor and support assets. These forward bases act as spawn points for armor crew and can be 'warped' to from the main base by any player on the respective team (we can warp to our forward base, they can warp to theirs). Forward bases are VALID TARGETS! You can rape and pillage anyone foolish enough to spawn in front of your sights. Assets here can be demoed, mined, camped, etc. Everything goes -- BUT -- BUT BUT -- theft. No stealing enemy assets out of the enemy forward base. Should an enemy OCCUPY a vehicle and then abandon it outside the forward spawn, then it can be commandeered at your leisure.

Our forward base has 2x T72 2x Shilka 2x BRDM-ATGM 6x Assorted Support Trucks.
                            Their forward base has the BLUFOR equivalent. M1A1s, Vulcans, Strykers, 5-tons.

Our main base has several light vehicles and support trucks.
                            More importantly:
                            3x Mi-17 transports 1x RACs Transport LB, 1x HIND, 1x SU-AT, 1x SU-AA

The BLUFOR have various soft vehicles and
                            3x BH, 1x LB Transport, 1x Cobra, 1x Harrier AA, 1x A-10 AT.

While the forward enemy base is a VALID target, the main bases are NOT valid targets. Main bases are no fly zones. No incursions whatsoever.

Global chat will be a no-no during the event. It will be saved for reporting server problems or discussion between opposing CO's to resolve issues that arise in game.

---

Alright, thats all I've got for you right now. I still have to go through each slot and check the crates to see what arms we'll have available to us. I have the final map version for this battle. If an admin could pm me with the email address to send the file to for upload, that'd be good. Also, a reminder, two addons will be required to play. The hind and the IC helipad. Simply DL the files and unzip the pbos into your addons folder. It doesnt change anything in your game, it only allows these objects to render and work properly when they happen to be on a mission. I had the link in the previous 9th battle post, but i can't seem to find it. When I do I'll put the links up, but now I've got to run.
                            Last edited by Switch; 10-09-2007, 09:28 AM.
                            |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

I love the AK weapons. I just hate running around in those dumb-ass Soviet dunce-cap helmets.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X