Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atomic Dog new November info

Congrats Dog

Ref your post on the "new projects" about to happen in November that you have posted else where. They do seem interesting but I have a comment about joining In House Squads

I did enquire about joining a group but dispite some individuals enthusiasm I received no real come and join us info.
    See the link>>> http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ult-drama.html most seem not to be recruiting presently I also got some good e-mails on the subject too.

I'm not really a lone player prefering to be part of a team with some identity hence me puting up the TG tags and becoming a supporting member.

Whenever I come on I have been made very welcome in game but I am more used to a clan [or IHS] environment. Yes I try to tag along on missions with some of you as you may have noticed.
    I'm not really sure the game would play any different but the fact I was battle dressed and ID'ed like my buddies would make a personal difference.
    "Esprit de corp" and all that.

I now only occasionally visit TG having sunk into the desert sands some what.

Sorry if this post is a bit negative so please feel free to exercise your NEW ADMIN SKILLS as you see fit.

Regards
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Atomic Dog new November info

Like A-Dog said: the Irregulars are always open for new members seeking a home. Drop by their forums, at the bottom of the "Battlefield 2" section. I applied for membership and recieved a response within 2 days.

The Irregulars are a free-form "squad" that provides a home for members of Tactical Gamer (SM or non-SM) that simply cannot dedicate the necessary time to an IHS. If you're looking for an IHS experience, though, you have to go to them. Show interest and send direct PMs and emails or whatever. You're already part of TG, so they won't actively recruit you. IHS are entirely optional to the Tactical Gamer experience, and as such they don't bother with recruitment drives.

Hope that helps.

Comment

To my knowledge there is no ArmA only IHS. Most have their roots in BF2 or some other game. The other game is usually their primary game played as a squad. Most IHS work off of invite based on play with IHS members. Many SM's never join an IHS. There are benefits, but you will still get a quality TG gaming experience without an IHS. My advice is find a IHS that you identify with and make your intentions known. Sometime the leadership of the IHS get busy with RL and you will need to contact other members to make your interest known.

The irregs are the exception to the above. They provide a little more close knit group(especially in competitions) than just being an SM, but are more open and have less expectations for commitment than the other IHS.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Some of the other IHS's have been known to recruit from within the Irregulars as well. It is indeed a great starting point for many players. I got my sealegs with the Irregs and ultimately recruited by the 4th.
        | | |

Comment

I sort of get the idea you're feeling, Barnaby. TE isn't an in-house squad nor do we have any interest as a squad joining another squad (ie. Irregulars) just to participate in these events. It also doesn't seem like the IHS play ArmA much. There are a few here and there but they definitely seem to have other games as their primary interest.

TE comes to TG because there is interest in coordinated gaming. I'd like to see events that encourage leadership training and cooperation instead of events that force players to join squads. I like that there are Sunday night coops and SM nights. Those sorts of events can focus on teamwork but some training exercises would improve that too.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
            TE comes to TG because there is interest in coordinated gaming. I'd like to see events that encourage leadership training and cooperation instead of events that force players to join squads. I like that there are Sunday night coops and SM nights. Those sorts of events can focus on teamwork but some training exercises would improve that too.
            The COOPs and SM only nights are either already happening or already posted about when they will happen. Training events are another matter. We have taken the feedback from previous posted threads and begun working a setting for implementing those.

The IHS event is to give the IHS a chance to focus on some tight group exercise and a little rivalry if desired.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
              The COOPs and SM only nights are either already happening or already posted about when they will happen. Training events are another matter. We have taken the feedback from previous posted threads and begun working a setting for implementing those.

The IHS event is to give the IHS a chance to focus on some tight group exercise and a little rivalry if desired.
              I am aware of the coop nights already. There should be another night for such events. I typically go out for my weekly poker so don't show up to Sunday night coop.

One would think that the squads can organize those events themselves. Now they're competing for that one slot per week plus forced to play on that day. I might be wrong and squads can reserve time on the server their own purpose and convenient time.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

The IHS events will only run one sunday out of the month and it will be in place of the normal sunday coop event.
                | | |

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
                  I am aware of the coop nights already. There should be another night for such events. I typically go out for my weekly poker so don't show up to Sunday night coop.
                  I frequently cannot make those events as well. If you have a night you could suggest(preferably during the week), I will get something rolling. I'm typically available M-TH after 5:30pm EST. Instead of just pubbing, we could make a start time to meet in the COOP server. Maybe discuss a mission on the forum the week before. I may not always be able to participate in the gaming but I would try to be available to lend the admin powers as needed. We were doing some Tuesday night Organized Evo a while back, which is a lot more fun than just pub Evo. Seemed there was a loss of interest. The focus of those nights was the organization and teamplay as opposed to the mission. Really got the campaign feel going.
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...