1.09?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.09?

Anyone hear anything about the next patch? I thought it was getting released with QG.
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: 1.09?

From monitoring messages at the BIS forums and the bugtracker, the most recent speculation I gathered was that 1.09 would come out sometime after GC. No real time frame given though. As soon as I see any hint I will let you guys know!
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post
      From monitoring messages at the BIS forums and the bugtracker, the most recent speculation I gathered was that 1.09 would come out sometime after GC. No real time frame given though. As soon as I see any hint I will let you guys know!
      http://www.bistudio.com/index.php?op...d=49&Itemid=68

We're preparing a patch for ARMA, which will hopefully be released in one or two months.
      (Said on August 29 by BI).

Comment

Anyone with some news on this patch?
        |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

I went through the forums and there was not much chatter on it. Hopefully something will come out soon.
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
            Anyone with some news on this patch?
            The news is that we (ShackTac) are testing it currently, and the VOIP side of things in particular. No idea as to when they plan to release it though.

Comment

In game VOIP? Sweet! Can't wait to use the Direct Communication for off-channel chatter with my favorite squad mates! Make for some great roleplaying! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NoDebate View Post
                In game VOIP? Sweet! Can't wait to use the Direct Communication for off-channel chatter with my favorite squad mates!
                It's going to be huge if it works right. I've been bummed that it hasn't worked so far, but I have my fingers crossed for 1.09.

Comment

Time frame?
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

If they manage to get voip working and we drop TS will the extra bandwidth for voip have any negative effects for Arma and lag?

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
                      If they manage to get voip working and we drop TS will the extra bandwidth for voip have any negative effects for Arma and lag?
                      Why would you ever want to drop TS? TS has functionality that ArmA's VOIP simply will not replicate. Using both is how it should be ideally done.

Comment

I foresee Direct Channel, Vehicle Channel, and Squad channel's being the main focus on of the in game VOIP. Other conversations are probably best handled with TS.
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                          I foresee Direct Channel, Vehicle Channel, and Squad channel's being the main focus on of the in game VOIP. Other conversations are probably best handled with TS.
                          Something like that yes, unfortunately this means we still will have interference of channels. In real life squad members will hear if the SL get's a radio message and won't interfere. Also in real life it is easy to distinguish between direct communication and radio comms. Can you set up TS such that it plays "an open comms noise" for say the first 0.5-1sec each time someone opens a TS comm? Unfortunately that won't stop interference between ArmA VOIP and TS, but it will help people to recognize if some thing is said over radio or by direct comms.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxi View Post
                            Something like that yes, unfortunately this means we still will have interference of channels. In real life squad members will hear if the SL get's a radio message and won't interfere. Also in real life it is easy to distinguish between direct communication and radio comms. Can you set up TS such that it plays "an open comms noise" for say the first 0.5-1sec each time someone opens a TS comm? Unfortunately that won't stop interference between ArmA VOIP and TS, but it will help people to recognize if some thing is said over radio or by direct comms.
                            Great points. I'm not sure that TS has that feature and you're right that won't stop the ArmA voip. In my experience the TS voices and in game voices always sound different. The TS channel would be for things outside of the game or for overall team comms. Essentially the beginning and end of the round. The in game would also be easy to distinguish as you should be somewhat familiar with your squad mates, and you can look at the direction and lips moving for direct. It all boils down to a little discipline. Once VOIP becomes operational it will be a lot easier to clean up comms.
                            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

As far as squad coms are concerned, this would require that missions have proper squad set ups and that dynamic squads (evo join a sqd style) be less buggy. Even with ingame voip, I see TS being the primary coms as they are now.
                              |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X