X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-week organized events

I just saw Khan's post where he proposed some mid week organized action:

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
    I frequently cannot make those events as well. If you have a night you could suggest(preferably during the week), I will get something rolling. I'm typically available M-TH after 5:30pm EST. Instead of just pubbing, we could make a start time to meet in the COOP server. Maybe discuss a mission on the forum the week before. I may not always be able to participate in the gaming but I would try to be available to lend the admin powers as needed. We were doing some Tuesday night Organized Evo a while back, which is a lot more fun than just pub Evo. Seemed there was a loss of interest. The focus of those nights was the organization and teamplay as opposed to the mission. Really got the campaign feel going.
    and I am quite interested in getting this going, as Sunday's are pretty hit or miss for me as well. I also feel that interest and intensity has dropped off considerably in the past 2 months on the TG servers, so maybe something like this can give us a jump start.

I propose that we give Xeno's Domination mission (http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...tml#post801485) a try initially and go from there.

I'm typically available Monday/Thursday after 6 pm EST and Tuesday/Wednesday after 8 pm EST.

Re: Mid-week organized events

Like Sunday's events, people tend to want to play but don't like to commit ahead of time. That was the problem. I was trying to get 1 night a week where would use the all-out platoon structure on Evo. Those who participated I'm sure can attest to the good time we had running the mission like a strict COOP instead of a pub. The beauty of Evo really shines. Also the reason I proposed Evo before was the familiarity it required only a few commitments. If you get a PL, a SL, and Air Coordinator the only other thing you need is an admin and since more than likely an admin is fillign one of those roles that is taken care of.

I'm almost always on TS if I'm gaming. Check the 12th Dragoons channel if I'm not in Arma if you need any help. I would like to point out if you have a mission you want to run and want admin support for getting things organized on the server, don't hesitate to ask. We have no problem helping restart a mission or removing a problem player for the sake of impromptu organized session. I'd prefer to be bothered about that than other things.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Yup I'm up for that Jam.
      Domination on a Thursday 1st or a Monday 2nd choice would be ok for me from here in the UK.
      Those Mon Thur times work out at about 23.00hrs so I could get a couple or 3 hrs in.
      I seem to recall last Monday we had about 10 or so on playing Domo through that time period.

Regards
      "I like a man who grins when he fights"
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

There is no real "Set" good time for me. But I'll try to hop in when i can.

Agnew

Comment

I'm in the same boat as some of you with the Sunday event. I love to play when I can but I can't guarantee the time is always free (A 5 week old little girl just doesn't understand Daddy needs some "me" time).

I played fairly regularly on TG's project reality Thursday nights which the only requirement was getting the password. It worked fairly well. I think Domination or Evo would be the best for the event as the starting point. I prefer the co-op missions but they don't always allow for people to show up over a more broad range of time and still enjoy the game.

Either way Im up for more organised events during the week but they would need to be 8-9pm EST starting time for me or Im unavailable.

Comment

During the week would almost have to be exclusive Domination or Evo because of the need of join in progress. Shiner's TG Domination would be the only TvT I think could work, but I'm not a big fan of non pre-organized TvT.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

In addition to Evo and Domination, if there is also interest, I can lead some nights running Virtual TrainingSpace where we can create custom missions on the fly. I have several mission templates already in reserve and would love to try them out.
              LoyalGuard

Comment

Loyal anything that is new/different would be interesting to me.

All these suggestions seem to come down to chicken and egg situations.
                We need the people to set these ideas up.

As for me I may have ideas etc but I don't have the skill or the level of committed time to do anything much about it I am much more comfortable with the supporting joining in mode.

So anybody out there wants to do some new things I'll support your efforts in testing them and who knows get a few people on the server, a few more might join in and before you know it we are having a mass fight off again.

whooo jaaa
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Keep the ideas coming. If you don't feel comfortable on the forums, shoot a PM to an admin. We can get it forwarded to the right person. I think the training scenario's could be a lot of fun.
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Yes good point KaHn training could be different fun indeed.

My background is clan based but having worked my way up the ranks leading the day to day needs of the companys/platoons etc I decided to back out and be a little more flexible with my game time. That is still my feeling now but..........

PM on its way
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse