Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't we playing Domination instead of Evo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't we playing Domination instead of Evo?

To me, Domination is far better than evolution and I know there are some of us that like it a lot too. So I'm wondering why we haven't replaced evo with it? It would be good to get some feedback on the two. I am for domination, and will list all the good points about it that I can remember

- Choose from 4 to 21 main missions (basically towns, I don't think Evo has 21 towns to take)

- These main missions can have side missions to them (different, unlike Evo).

- Towns can face a counter attack

- Up to 31 Side missions to play that give you bonus vehicles (that don't respawn)

- All missions are chosen at random (so no Paraiso, Somato, Cayo, Dolores...)

- 2 mobile respawn vehicles that u can pick up with choppers and respawn at (or respawn at base).

- HALO inserts from each town you capture

- Keeps the loadout you had when you died.

- More agressive and intelligent enemy

- Enemy Hokum and HIP (Hip drops paratroopers)

- Artillery on call every six minutes

That's about all i can remember, please add to this if u can.

To me this seems like a much better choice than Evo, and would perhaps like to see Evo server changed to Domination server.

So what do people think and how do they rate the two missions?

Thanks.
    Jex.

Re: Why aren't we playing Domination instead of Evo?

No one is stopping anyone from playing Domination. People need to seed that server. There are only a handful of people who never come to the forums and are not interested in anything but Evo, so get on that server and people will come. See people on Evo, hop in that channel and ask everyone to come by. Has worked every time for just about any mission(except TvT).
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

What I mean is why not replace Dom for Evo and have that as the new 24/7 server - it is a persistent mission isn't it?
      Jex.

Comment

I agree with Jex we need EVO replaced and Domination seems like the right mission for it.
        PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

My opinion, would be to run both as we could now. To my knowledge, the COOP server doesn't get used all that much anyway so setting it on domination shouldn't be a problem, especially if people play on it.

What you are suggesting is though remove Evo from the options so people are forced to play domination instead. This could be a possibility but doesn't really solve the issue. Some people or even many are tired of Evolution and want to play another mission. However, the same group is perfectly willing to join Evolution instead of seeding the other server or lobbying others to join. Like I mentioned before, everytime someone has said let's switch to Domination, almost all go. Anytime someone joins and sees everyone on the COOP they almost all go. So I don't think it's reached a point where no one wants to play Evolution, but rather some want to play something else only if there is a majority.

The situation I have seen as long as I've been here is some people are always going to get bored with a missions others don't. When I first joined the ArmA community here in February we had 2 servers that could load any mission. We had one public and one SM only. That worked out well as most SM's would play on the public server, but moved to the private to get a certain level of organized COOP play. Then comes Evolution. Both servers had all missions, however Evolution kept getting loaded on both. That was before the unlocked version so the points mattered and it was very frustrating ot come back to find that your Evo session got reset so someone could play another mission. That's when the dedicated Evo server got setup as Evo exclusive to avoid having the server reset so another mission could be played. Problem is people would rather join an Evo game in progress than wait for a COOP. Now we have Domination(and soon Shiner's Domination) that could be played but are not on a regular basis despite the positive feedback.

I'm not trying to knock the idea, just trying to point out right now everyone has the option of playing our modified Evolution or playing every other mission that has been submitted to us. People seem to choose Evolution over those missions and maybe it is kind of default decision, but in my own personal experience at TG, Evolution got loaded so often on the server that we dedicated a whole server to it. Ill be more than glad to help load Domination on the COOP server anytime. Like I mentioned earlier, invite the EVO server to domination and like we did the other day most will join if not all. There are roles in evolution that can be enjoyed on levels not found in other missions, that's always been one of its big draws. For the average foot soldier though, it's no different than another COOP.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

I more forsee Domination alternating with Evo on the server. At some point soon we will get a schedule together based on everybody heres input, of what days we want to run what.

The CoOp server will remain entact, it caters to a different crowd that we will not forget about.
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I'll come if there playing Domination, if its evo, I'll pass...

Comment

tbh, personally I dont really mind which mode/mission I play, its all good... my problem atm, since I've been getting some of my gaming time back, seems to be finding decent numbers on the server when I do get game time :row__735:

"looks up and fondly remembers JC leading a whole platoon on a maxed server... ahhhh bliss :) "
                It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

When I first saw Dominaton on the server and tried it out, I loved it. The randomness was nice to see instead of the same ol' routine of liberating the same towns in a row on Evo. The side missions were also cool to complete to get that Harrier that was nice to have but the fear of losing it kept it's use in check. It also seemed that the AI enemy were a bit more nasty too... all the more fun.

As long as Domination was up, I was playing on that server. Once it was gone, I went back to Evo. I would switch in a heartbeat if I saw it back up again.
                  SADD - Soldiers Against Dumb Drivers - Campaign
                  Friends don't let friends drive enemy vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Satmax View Post
                    As long as Domination was up, I was playing on that server. Once it was gone, I went back to Evo. I would switch in a heartbeat if I saw it back up again.
                    You know you can load it anytime right? The SOP section has the instructions for changing missions.

@Fine

Good to see you back. Grunt, loyal, and mosely were the only MIPs around.
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

Domination gets my vote.
                      I agree with the above comments re too much evo and giving the server a miss.
                      My ideal would be to have it [Domination] readily available which is where Jex started this post.
                      Having Dom replace evo should freshen everything up as well as drawing in some more reg faces.
                      I differ with your oppinion KhAn, I think most reg players are fed up with Constant evo it would be much better to mix it up with Dom its variety is very compelling.
                      Roll on the day that BigC forsees.
                      Cheers
                      "I like a man who grins when he fights"
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                        I differ with your oppinion KhAn, I think most reg players are fed up with Constant evo it would be much better to mix it up with Dom its variety is very compelling.
                        Roll on the day that BigC forsees.
                        Cheers
                        I'm not against Domination, I like it. I'm just against eliminating Evo completely as I enjoy it because I enjoy filling the odd roles that it creates that don't exist elsewhere. As we have now we could do both, but people don't for some mysterious reason that has yet to be addressed. Every response has been "I want to play Domination, but only if no one is playing Evolution." That boggles my mind. I understand the team aspect is necessary but even where there are 2 or 3 people who rather play Domination they don't, they rather stay with the 2 or 3 that rather play Evolution. If I don't like to do something I don't do it, but that's just me I guess. The problem is it's hard to pass up good teamwork. If evolution is loaded and there is a good SL leading a squad it is hard not to join in the teamwork.

Again, if you are fed up with Evolution. Don't play it. Very simple we have two servers. The actually activity on the servers would give a much clearer picture of desires than any poll or thread. If everyone was playing Beserk TvT 24/7, then we'd obviously need to switch our lineups a bit, but right now everyone chooses to play Evolution. Jex suggested switching to domination on the Evo server the other day and everyone switched no problem. I don't see why they doesn't happen every day if everyone is so bummed about Evolution.
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

Comment

I think it falls under a "leadership" situation, where players want to do the Domination game, but don't want to suggest it for fear of having to actually lead everyone. "OK. so-and-so, you got us here... now what are your orders?"

Comment

Evo all the way all those who like evo and have played the latest version will agree :) nuff said
                            *If you like tactics
                            *If you like teamwork
                            *If you like "HUGE" Co-ordinated Multiplayer games
                            *If you like being part of something
                            *If you want to play with fun people

Join the fight at IC-ArmA

ic-arma.com Register,JoinDivision(Kingdom of Sahrani BLUFOR)

We were the people to break the persons record for armed assault we've held 130 people in a server.

Comment

I think what big C suggested about a rotation between evo and domination would work because even though im really tired of evo i dont neccisarilly(SP?) want to never play it again. so maybe each week we switch between evo and domination that way we get more of a veriety of play and the co-op server can stay a co-op. also if we could get the new evo red and blue on the server i think people would really like evo red as you are SLA and the town orders are reversed so we start with masbete and end with paraiso.

Also kiljoy added alot of new stuff in these evo's like airstrikes and halo drops and artillery strikes, that only the commander of a squad can drop if you are in a squad. also to use these resources it costs points off of your total score so if you just hit a rank and try to drop an artillery or air strike it will cost so and so amount of points, so you cant just spam it like crazy.

I saw an unranked version of both evo red and blue on another server in the list, which is just like the version we have without the TOW script.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X