Hey guys give me a lil advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys give me a lil advice

I'm thinking of picking up a copy of ArmA and was wondering if there is a good amount of TG'ers still playing it and if its worth the purchase at this point in time.
    |TG-Irr|Doctor

Re: Hey guys give me a lil advice

Hey Doc,

There's a pretty regular crowd here, not vast in number (10-20) and coop play is what is played most. Make sure you read the announcements and SOP's section and maybe we'll see you online :)
    Jex.

Comment

Hey doc. I'd say if your into tactics and realism ARMA is a must buy. We play co op and evo on a regular basis we usualy see about 8-16 players a night depending what day it is.So go ahead and get ARMA would be awsome to get some new people in!
      PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Oh noes the Doc has found my hide out. ArmA is a different monster from BF2/PoE.. The game play is 10 times slower, then goes very hot.. it will get your blood going.. It is sim, as close to a military sim as you can get without dropping a couple grand on a game :/... IMO, the controls are clunky in comparison to BF2.. You must use real tactics to survive for more than 10 minutes.. The game is basically a huge collection of mods and missions all done on one map(well there is one other official map and a couple custom maps made).
        You can check out the map here...
        [media]http://www.ofpmdb.de/phpkit/content/images/Sahmap.jpg[/media]

There is SOOO much in the game, I could go on for hours about it.. I did get a few 5th guys to get the game, none were impressed, so far (Im still trying).

Normally I would send people to play the demo of a game before dropping real cash on it.. But I will tell you NOT to play the demo of ArmA.. It is buggy, and is not even close to the full release. I would suggest going to YouTube/ArmA search and checking out the videos of gameplay there, you get a better idea of how it moves.

If you do get it, PM me and I will drag you around and show you the ropes, well the basic of the ropes.
        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
        E Pluribus Unum
        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Perhaps this will whet your appetite. It has a bit of everything: a fast-paced air insertion, a slow and cautious infiltration, and a nice little firefight. Good taste of what to expect in an average game.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...26359874&hl=en

Comment

If you're curious about potential, check the TG vs 9th thread and click the link to the battle plan.... Some people spent hours and hours just to set up the tactics for the battle.
            |TG|Switch

Better known as:
            That noob who crashed the chopper.
            That noob who ran over the mine.
            That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
            That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

I was also wondering about this game, it seems, well, different. Of course it is, but I'm wondering if it's worth it. I'll probably give it a whirl. How much does it cost?
              playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
              I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

I think you can get it for $35-40 US right now, ... so thats like what, 9.95 Canadian?

The game does have its issues. Performance is pretty mediocre even on the best systems. There are several unresolved stability and game play issues. They say they're dedicated to continuing on patching and fixing. If you take them at their word, this will eventually be a damn good game. Right now its not bad, assuming you're playing with the right people. Thats where this whole TG thing comes in handy.
                |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                That noob who crashed the chopper.
                That noob who ran over the mine.
                That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Don't expect anyhting like Project Reality...
                  Singleplay is at best, pants. I have yet to try the multiplay on a TG server, it says I need to use TeamSpeak, and the PC with ArmA installed doesn't have TS (or even a mic). Mine does, although ArmA isn't installed on my PC yet. Controls are too complicated personally, I keep hitting 3 to get my M16 and telling everyone I'm injured of something like that.
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

It does take some getting used to, but once u master all the controlls its a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                      Singleplay is at best, pants. I have yet to try the multiplay on a TG server, it says I need to use TeamSpeak, and the PC with ArmA installed doesn't have TS (or even a mic). Mine does, although ArmA isn't installed on my PC yet. Controls are too complicated personally, I keep hitting 3 to get my M16 and telling everyone I'm injured of something like that.
                      So essentially, are you saying that you can't be bothered to install TeamSpeak, move the mic and/or install arma and lastly, learn the controls? And also that, having no experience in online play here at TG, you decided to state that in a thread asking for advice specifically about online arma play here at TG?

LOL, that's pretty funny :)
                      Jex.

Comment

LOL jex, couldnt agree more with what you said. Westy i say go spend 10 min getting arma set up with mic and TS. Once u do that spend 10 min on controls there isnt all that much to learn.

As for doc, arma at TG is one the best Online gaming experience ive had. So spending $25 or how ever much it is in the US would sure be worth it!

Comment

We've got some great After Action reports in the forum. Reading through some of those will give you a good feel for what this title is all about. It's basically the complete opposite of BF2 (vanilla)
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                            It's funny that you say you keep hitting '3' to get to your M16. When I play other games, I keep turning my head and expect to look left and right in game.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan_the_bad View Post
                              It does take some getting used to, but once u master all the controlls its a blast!
                              lol, so true.. while playing PoE I keep hitting the "E" key to make my tank go faster, only to eject.. and hitting "F" to toggle firing modes.:row__681:

IRT.. remember to DL and install the v1.08 patch.. it is available to SMs here at TG.. or all over the web.

and the SP missions.. well to be nice, they are lame. But like anyone plays BF2 SP.
                              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                              E Pluribus Unum
                              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed