Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like the title to this post the ArmA servers have nothing much showing.

Now I know us UK GMT'ers are Plus 5 on you ECT boys but things of late seem very very quiet.
    Regularly even at 1 in the morning UK [8pm east coast time] there's nobody on.
    Is everybody off somewhere else testing or something, even some of the more regular players are not showing.

Anyone shed any light on this, is it new games, what.....

Thanks

Barnaby

EDIT as per Jex's correction; time should read +4 and 9pm @ east coast
    Last edited by Barnaby; 10-30-2007, 08:40 PM.
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: * *

Not wishing to make things sound worse but we're +4 ahead on time aren't we right now? ;) I think that gaming ebbs and flows and some people maybe need a rest from Arma. There's also a lot of frustration over how arma should be played which isn't helping. Thirdly with Evo being about the only mission played, it puts me off but you certainly can't blame people for what they like. Of course, there's always falcon... ;)
    Jex.

Comment

Lately when I do see people playing...they're in the Coop server. Much more than Evo there!
      | | |

Comment

Oh cool. About time :)
        Jex.

Comment

I am blaming my absence on FS:X and the new MS expansion pack... some of the new features are obnoxiously difficult.

-BoD
          BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Yeah you're correct Jex we just gone on to winter time -1 hour so it is only +4.
            Oh lummy that's even worse and tomorrow Is Halloween too ---- TRICK or TREAT

Yes jex that's what I have been doing flying a bit of Falcon 4 and THE demos of CRYSIS & CoD4.

I'd forgotten how complex Falcon is.
            "I like a man who grins when he fights"
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

It's +4 after this first weekend in November. It used to be this past weekend but some genius thought it would be better to have daylight savings for a week longer.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I have a feeling that with the summer over people are more strapped for time with school, kids in school etc.

I know I'm not a regular at TG Arma, yet, but my wife and I had our second child only 7 weeks ago. Prior to that I managed to consistantly play FPS's 7-12 hours during the week. However I finally finished the Arma single player (something I wanted to do before jumping online) right around the birth, hence my online time currently is small and eradic. When my life starts to return to normal you can expect to see me join the server on most week nights.

Comment

Saturday was the first time I played on either of the ArmA servers in quite some time. And it's likely to be the last for a long while, too.

To clarify, that wasn't a comment on that saturday evo session. It was a comment on TG ArmA. But I've made my stance on this whole thing abundantly clear before now.
                  Last edited by mingmong; 10-31-2007, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Ya college is eating up all my time plus arma isn't exactly a game you can just jump into with out dedicating a large sum of time to play. Plus i have other games on my mind right now because of the orange box and crysis demo.

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
                      I have a feeling that with the summer over people are more strapped for time with school, kids in school etc.

I know I'm not a regular at TG Arma, yet, but my wife and I had our second child only 7 weeks ago. Prior to that I managed to consistantly play FPS's 7-12 hours during the week. However I finally finished the Arma single player (something I wanted to do before jumping online) right around the birth, hence my online time currently is small and eradic. When my life starts to return to normal you can expect to see me join the server on most week nights.
                      Hey Congrats to you and your wife LB :)

Usually we find the summer months to be lax and the winter ones to see more people around. Cavemen used to huddle around the camp fire in winter, gamers huddle around their monitors ;)
                      Jex.

Comment

I must admit that I've been slacking off lately with team fortress 2. It's really an antithesis of a game like ArmA, but I am enjoying it.

That said, I've also noticed an apparent population drop on ArmA. I often check to see if there is any Evo activity going on and I don't find any. If I did, I would jump in.

The low post count in this thread also concerns me.

Comment

Evo = boring, but this is my personal opinion.

i se why its popular tho! its easy to pop in and out of if one only wants a quick game! thsi is not why i play arma I play for the immersion of diffrent mission settings and objecitves, the roleplay ect. Haven't seen the TG Arma coop server populated at my hours EST 7+ so...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X