Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo Bh-ffar

I think it deserves to come back.

Average play on the the evo server is usually 4-10 people.

At that range you can't really afford a separate CAS and trans component. Keeping the BH FFAR up will give the trans guy something to do if the guys on the ground are playing right (and not dying every few sec)

Otherwise you need to rtb, switch choppers, fly back to the AO, see someone die, fly back to base, get in trans chopper, take them back, drop them off, return to base, get attack helo, and repeat.
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: Evo Bh-ffar

You do make a good point Switch, rarely do I see more the 6 people on a the server. Lately I'm lucky if I see three. Perhaps they could drop one of the AH6's and replace it with this?

Comment

Several Features of Evo have been removed because they were mere conveniences that could easily be accomplished in other ways. I think the FFAR was over used by most, not necessarily you Switch, but others would use it under the guise of transport just go on strafing runs and get shot down. The FFAR spent more time wrecked than in the air because most(not all) pilots are incapable of waiting for the air cover to be downed by ground teams. I have seen no negative effects of not having the FFAR in the game. Most pilots seem to be perfectly willing to fly transport over CAS and have no problem switching if absolutely necessary. With the increase in strela soldiers the FFAR BH would just become another quagmire of repair.

The overall goal is to not die. If people are dying at a rate that is so great that the single seat in the AH-6 is insufficient then there are more problems than a quick ride. Even when there are only 6-10 people there are usually 2 or more wishing to fly anyway so dividing the duties is fine.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

No offence kahn but the amount of downed and abandoned vehicles I find on most nights is rather high which is a result of poor player choices not vehicle type. Also if anti-air is bad for the FFAR BH it will be for the AH6 as well, no? I have also seen groups of people die close together and hence require transport in numbers greater then 1.

My point is that if we have low numbers of players and all of the above holds true the addition of the BH FFAR doesn't change anything in a negative way but does add a bit to the air transport role. Just my humble opinion :)

Comment

I'm not denying you or switch's point. You are right, it could be used properly and other vehicles are misused as it is. The FFAR in my observations was perhaps the most misused because "boredom" of the transport pilots and it's lack of agility of the true attack helo's.

The issue is the convenience if someone wants to fly and do both transport and CAS it does save time. There are a lot of weapons systems that are most useful when in the proper hands and I wouldn't mind seeing 2 cobras in the sky at once with good teams in them, but in general you don't get good respectful players in them. The FFAR has 30+ rockets and just gives whomever hops in an excuse to just rain rockets from the sky till they get shot down inevitably by the skilka they didn't kill first. I have seen that scenario more than the positive side. I have personally had the pleasure of Switch providing CAS and transport for my squads before so I know exactly what he is talking about, but he's not the problem. Convenient when with the right pilot, but more often than not abused.

Please don't take this as I'm anti-air(which I know it sometimes sounds like) I just feel the noobs ruin the game for too many when left unchecked. At least the AH-6 runs out of rockets fast and the AH-1 only has a few hell fires before a reload is needed. In recent times, I've asked Sam Hoy or Tazz to go get into an armed helo to help out the infantry squad, so I'm all for CAS when done right.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Fair enough, I don't have enough time in on the servers to have a feel for the way things have typically played out.

I know I have joined the Evo server over the last two weeks to find more downed vehicles then normal. It seems with the new Evo Blue that people are attacking Pariso more often and for some reason feel that since it's close by the downed vehilces can all be picked up when cleared. The problem is that if you clear most of the city but then people disconect the city is fully reinforced when people join in later leaving less vehicles to clear it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X