X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If ........

Hello Gents

Just a heads up.

If I appear to be MIA it's probably because I'm burning off some weight on the TG Charlie Oscar Delta server.

ArmA is my true love while CoD4 is mad frenetic mayhem just the de-stresser I need when I come home from a hard day @ the office.

Cheers
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: If ........

update

Well I don't think I'l be doing this for any in depth experiences, it's far to fast paced to an unrealisticly unreal level for me.

The graphics and animations are very good but the game play suffers from speeding kangaroos. No account has been made by the game for the trooper weight, he is like a moon man jumping all over the show.

Also as you earn experience the weapons become more powerful until they all seem to level out so there is little or no difference from a rifle to a heavy machine gun.

But if you just want a few mad moments to de-stress then go for it.

I'm watching our CoD4 boards waiting to see if anybody mods it to a more realistic level. CoD4 graphics mixed with ArmA game pace now that could be very tasty.

See you in ArmA for some real immersion time.
    Last edited by Barnaby; 11-14-2007, 08:02 PM.
    "I like a man who grins when he fights"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

That is the problem I find with most games now, they cater to the counter strike/run and gun crowd. It would be nice if developers at least put in an extensive control panel to allow some servers to run more realistic based matches.

I have found that the game Red Orchestra (through the Steam interface) is a really enjoyable pick up game. It is realistic to a degree but with fast spawn times you can get into alot of fire fights. Plus it has a fairly strong list of European servers. I have found that I can get in a poplulated server almost 24/7.

The maps are large and the weapons a challenge so run and gun is minimal. The tanks are fun as well with lots of variables to worry about.

It is my game of choice right now when no one is playing Arma or I don't know how much spare time I have available (to me Arma is a commitment to your squad, I try not to leave in the pitch of battle).

Comment

Have you tried the Insurgency Mod, Long Bow? Another great Steam mod with a good balance of realism and arcade qualities.

Beta 2 is getting ready for release, there are still a few bugs in the current version...but still fun to play.

http://insmod.net/
        | | |

Comment

Hey Barnaby...I'm a COD2 player from way back. Bubba and company did a nice job making the COD2 server as reality based as the model will allow. Give it some time and after the dust settles you'll find a small but dedicated community of COD4 players who value lives and teamwork over kills.

I just picked up the game yesterday and you'll see me on the TG servers tonight !!
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I did try out the insurgency mod. It is a nice mod and I like what they have done with it. However due to the small size of the maps I started getting frustrated with it. Alot of maps had one or two choke points that made the maps stall out. I may have to give it a try again with the new release.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X