Sahrani Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sahrani Life

I finally had the opportunity to check out Sahrani Life last night on the SM server (thanks Gogeta for the tour!) and I found the experience pretty intriguing. On one hand, this is a frankenstein-ish mod for ArmA - turning it into a kind of police vs. civilian RPG. On the other hand, it's pretty interesting to check out. Even with just a few players on the server, what you could end up with is a police vs. civilians scenario where both sides struggle to control areas and assets among the Sahrani landscape. Bank robberies, drug running, terrorism.. it's all part of the game.

I know several members of the admin team are working on tweaking this mod for general playability - when it is released to all I encourage everyone to at least give it a shot. It definitely helps to have someone show you around, though, and possibly give you a wad of cash to get your 'life' off the ground.

Re: Sahrani Life

Well I would love to see this game. Is our admin team working on it? In any case can we get a date that the new version will be released or a day on which it can be hosted so we all can play it?

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Originally posted by blackmain View Post
      Well I would love to see this game. Is our admin team working on it? In any case can we get a date that the new version will be released or a day on which it can be hosted so we all can play it?
      Its on the SM only server blackmain... as you are a SM you can play it right now.
      Dizlor

Comment

Dear god, play it.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
        Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
        Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

A little AAR for those interested. Since this was not on a TG server I am posting it under this thread.

I really wanted to see what this played out like on a public server, so I tracked one down. Since I had no prior history on the server and would therefore be starting with little resources, I joined the police force. The server had about 22 players online, and the police were slightly underhanded, so I figured the extra help would be appreciated.

Teamwork was happening. As I spawned in, I had a text message from one of the other officers telling me that the police were currently deployed in two areas - downtown Bogango on patrol and at the entrance to the road that leads in and out of the terrorist camp. I opted to catch a ride down to Bogango. At the time there were no 'red' (active criminals) on the map. Bogango was pretty quiet, but there were a lot of civilians (human controlled) milling around. There were five other officers there, patrolling on foot and in land rovers. They informed me (via local chat) that the civilians had all been checked, most had weapons but had permits for them. Nothing to see here, yet. After about 10-15 minutes, a bus with three civilians pulled up at the bank, and before we could react they shot and killed two police officers. Two other civilians from down the street then drew weapons. They formed a perimeter while one of the civilians robbed the bank (we knew he did because a text message is auto-generated for all to see). This was obviously a planned heist, so the battle was on.

The tricky part is that the police are only 'allowed' to fire on criminals, not just armed civilians. Ideally the goal is to arrest individuals (a monetary reward is given to the officer who arrests a wanted person), but this is difficult to do when the suspects are firing at you. We did not have time to organize our response, or the benefit of teamspeak to control our four-man police force. One of these four became injured, another killed one of the civilians. The rest managed to get away in a hijacked police vehicle, which we fired on but apparently did not disable. Leaving our injured man behind (no choice, sorry), we quickly grabbed a nearby police car and gave chase. As it turned out, the bank robbers headed towards the terrorist camp, leaving town to the north. We were able to notify the police force far ahead to prepare for the visitors. This aspect was critical, because without it the perps would have gotten away. Instead, they were met by a roadblock of vehicles and barbed wire. The getaway car was disabled, so the criminals took to their weapons and were all killed. I guess there isn't much incentive to be arrested over dying in a gunfight, but none they police force was victorious none the less.

I really think this mod has promise as a walk-up PvP/TvT method of playing ArmA. Regardless of the framework, it could work because it has the right ingredients. The action is fluid, groupwork is fluid, and there are motivational factors in the form of bank accounts and achievements. I do realize that this strays from the military simulation aspect of the game, and somewhat cheesily, but I do think there is potential here for fun and I'd like to see TG really try this out.

Comment

It doesn't have to stray from the MilSim aspects entirely. The potential for playing a "Terrorist" puts into the framework for Military Tactics and Dirty Fighting seperate from the Cops and Robbers game that goes in Bogango.

I rarely bother with bank heists when I play. Instead I tend to play a "Terrorist" and hijack convoys. The Jammer is the greatest Terrorist tool in the game. When employed by a group of terrorists it quickly turns into a cat and mouse game laced with guerilla tactics. I think this mod showcases the amazing versatility when it comes to what can be done with scripting and missions.

The one thing I love most about it is that the TvT is exceptional even with low numbers.

EDIT: Actually, I do tend to rob a lot of banks when the populations are low. haha
            | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
              The one thing I love most about it is that the TvT is exceptional even with low numbers.
              And that's actually what excites me the most. How many games have this aspect? Not many. This mod is even interesting with just a few players. For someone just starting out it's even interesting if you are by yourself (actually it's great for your bank account because the law is sleeping).

Comment

Empty Server FTW!
                | | |

Comment

I guess this was short lived on our server? I've been playing this last 2 days on 9th Infantry. Other than a few random jerks it's been a real blast. Who'd have thought this mission would be fun?

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                    Its on the SM only server blackmain... as you are a SM you can play it right now.

tell me how to manually connect to the SM server (typing it in i mean)
                    i see the 2 public servers
                    Last edited by Magnum PI; 11-26-2007, 01:22 AM.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...er-server.html

The SM server only runs two days a week. It runs in place of the Evo/Persistent server to save on resources. If you leave the filter to tacticalgamer.com... it will find this one on the days its operational. But the IP is in that link above.
                      Dizlor

Comment

Where do we go for the PW? Some reason I have an extremely hard time finding the PW's for any members only servers.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Right now it's on the persistent server. Open to all registered TG members.

For the SM server, the password is located in the Members Only forums.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/members...sm-server.html

Correction: Right now it's on the SM server.
                          | | |

Comment

Come and check out SL. I will even bribe you. I'll give intro sessions to anyone intersted (though I admit I don't know everything, I know enough to get you started). On the civilian side I'll offer up startup cash to anyone who asks.

Comment

SOMEONE will really have to walk me through this sahraniville it sounds like fun

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X