COD 4 players from Arma?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD 4 players from Arma?

Seeing as TG Arma is a little sparse right now for puby style play I was contemplating getting COD 4.

Any Arma players tried out COD 4 yet? Is it a worthwhile game or is it pure run and gun arcade action? I know it won't be Arma but if there aren't any lasers and rail guns and bunny hopping maddness I might consider it.

Re: COD 4 players from Arma?

check out the TG servers. We got 2 going to fit everyones style.

Right now its no where near what we want or need for COD4 but we are slowly working on it.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I'm assuming that as the community figures out how to mod COD 4 and what areas need improving TG COD4 will move towards more realistic weapons, maps etc. ?

I just can't handle the ultra fast, twitch style, run and gun of most FPS now a days. That is why I love Arma but Arma doesn't have the player base.

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
        I'm assuming that as the community figures out how to mod COD 4 and what areas need improving TG COD4 will move towards more realistic weapons, maps etc. ?

I just can't handle the ultra fast, twitch style, run and gun of most FPS now a days. That is why I love Arma but Arma doesn't have the player base.
        If you have COD2 jump on our server some wednesday and you will see what we are wanting to do. Limit kits slow the pace way down. But right now maps are so small that you really have no time to plan and get setup.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I took a look at gamemonitor for TG COD 2 server and it showed very little activity. Wednesday is your only night for COD 2? That is the MWB night as well for Arma, the only night I currently get a good game of Arma in.

I will dig out my copy of COD 2 if there is a good TG crowd on a regular basis.

Comment

I go on CoD4 servers most nights.
            There are several other ArmA players on there too.

There seems to be more activity on there than ArmA just lately at least it is that way for me.
            "I like a man who grins when he fights"
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I got COD4 too and it's good fun for what it is. Playing S&D only at the mo.
              Jex.

Comment

I played the Demo last night and it's a really nice looking game but I can already see how it will play in MP with certain crowds.

However the S&D of COD 2 was a nice style as it seemed to slow things down.

I'm still debating on getting COD4, I just need a popular tactical fps to fill the Arma void for now :)

Comment

you can always try PR for BF2.... especially check it out when the next version comes out, if you like arma pacing i think youll like what weve done :)

Comment

Thanks Fuzzhead, you must not remember me but I was a PR player for a good while, active on the forums. Unfurtunately you guys kept talking about the great missions you had played in Arma and hence why I bought Arma. After playing Arma I have a hard time going back to PR. Plus I had been playing it a lot a needed something different, perhaps with a new release and some time playing other games I will return. Thanks for the input and good luck with the new release.

Side note I did purchase COD 4 and it is pretty fun for now considering what it is. I have seen some familiar faces on the COD 4 S&D server :)

Comment

Saw you on Longbow. Play style is a lot different from ArmA. Some reason when I play COD 4 it makes me want to play ArmA and when I play ArmA i want to play COD 4.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

BLACKMAIN!!!! I have to say I'm not a fan of playing against you on COD 4, I awlays see:

|TG|Blackmain [Barret .50 cal, headshot] |TG|Long Bow

;)

Your right I enjoy COD4 but I miss a good coop Arma game. I'm affraid I might get to use to the action of COD 4 to go back to Arma : o (joke)

Comment

I jsut picked up this game and WOW its like crack !! good fun but no breaks at all

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X