where is every one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is every one

Seriously, is arma dieing out, at TG last few nights ive come onto TS to only find my self, or samhoy, waiting for ppl to join lol, we need to get the old crowed back woo woo !
    PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Re: where is every one

I've been thinking about buying this recently. Without a good TG presence I might think twice. Maybe I'll hold out till opflash2? Any ideas?

Comment

Is is disappointing, not only TG but the numbers across the board are really dropping off. I am hoping that some sort of anti hack upgrades in 1.09 will bring people back.

Comment

I've been caught up with a few things...kids, holliday, Insurgency Mod...

I'll see if we can't get something going this week sometime. I'd like to schedule a time for people to show up and do some CoOp or some organized Sahrani Life.
        | | |

Comment

I've been a bit discouraged by the SM server, seems that most of the newer, more dynamic, persistent missions seem to be on there, I've just been playing them on other servers.

Comment

Which missions are you looking to see? Currently Sahrani Life is running on the persistent server. But if there's interest for other persistent missions...speak up man!
            | | |

Comment

Ivan I've been posting the same question and as for Sahrani Life I have no interest in that at all.
              I linked up here for the Mill Sim experience but it seems for ArmA to have dropped off the edge of the digital world.

I am doing some CoD4 at the moment though on TG.
              It's different but at least there are some EX ArmA guys on there ie Grunt Curt Jex Sarc Riyker etc but the server is limited to 16 max, go see the forums.
              It is a little FIRE DIE SPAWN stuff but there are some nice bits and the TG lads are trying to rid the arcade side of the game.

I'd be up for a game of ArmA as my last TG one was about a month ago probably with you in fact.

OK that's the end of my GRUNT GRUMP :)
              "I like a man who grins when he fights"
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I just went ahead and ponied up for the game. I should have it in the mail by early next week and with the semester coming to an end, I should have plenty of time to get acclimated. Hope to see you guys on the field!

Comment

I hear ya, barnaby that was probably the last time i played on TG too, sahrani life isnt for me, when i see ppl on there i tend to go do other things. We just need to get some better missions on there with more diversion, and im sure there are plenty out there.

How ever i have also got cod4 now, so ill be joining you guys on TG server when i see ya there, but i'd still like to try get arma going again where we'd get like 10 ppl turning up every night, lately there has been no one on the servers, we need to arrange a night where we try get all the old TG players back or at least have 1 night a week where every one turns up. And we do long, badass co op missions!

Also i was wondering how many ppl still play arma, Would it be okay to post another thread to to get names of people who still play? Then we can realy arrange a co op night where every one turns up!

Comment

There's usually a good deal of players looking to play CoOp it seems, but nobody wants to seed the server. I would just post a day and time of your choosing and I imagine some people will show.
                    | | |

Comment

At the risk of sounding overly critical or unthankful, here are my reasons for not playing any more. I started playing at TG because I expected it to be a good place play in a tactical manner and to a certain degree that is true I guess. However when buying ArmA I really was really looking forward to do very tactical, tens, immersive and teamwork based infantry battles between teams. On TG however there doesn't seem to be much desire to play TvT nor are many no respawn missions played. Both cause a significant lack of tension and immersion in my gameplay and furthermore a serious lack of need to use effective tactics. Sure you can use those tactics, but more for immersion or fun reasons rather than a utmost need to survive against a capable human team. To add to that most of the server and forum activity lately is about Sahrani Life, which as fun as it may be, is not exactly the pinnacle of tactical ArmA gameplay.

I don't know if others who started playing less had the same reasons, but server number seemed to be going down, so the average player base seems to be relatively small. At a certain point it was announced that there would be a SM only server, which raised an eyebrow with me. I'm not saying this because I'm not an SM, but if you're player base is already small and you then cut it in two by excluding part of the players from a server, I think you will see that the average number of players drop below a certain threshold necessary to get people on a server.

I realize this my all sound pretty negative, but it is meant as an honest observation why I think players number have been low and apart from that why I personally don't play much any more. I'm still waiting to see how Shiners TvT turns out, but unless there is going to be more tens, immersive and tactical teamwork oriented game play I'm don't think I will play more often.

With respect and gratitude,

Taxi.

Comment

We just need to pick a day and time that works for the most people to meet up for COOP. I'm not much into Sahrani Life and enjoy the COOPs more. However, it's pretty boring by yourself. I try to idle in the channel even if I'm playing another game. I've had a chance to play a few of the smaller coops with Loyal and Moore and the rest of the 12th on select nights.

If anyone who wants to do no respawn COOP is willing to suggest a night I will try to be there. Friday's and saturday's do not work for me personally, but any other night of the week I'm up for some good COOP action. I know several of you are in GMT, but I can usually be available after 5pm EST should be 10PM GMT. PM me or post some where a time.
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I'm not getting the expereince I want from arma here at TG so I tend not to play anymore. I played a couple of weeks ago but my play style v others doesn't match and I don't find enjoyment out of it. Pity really because there are some fine arma players here at TG but just not enough.
                          Jex.

Comment

We've got 8 on the server right now trying the new Sim HQ missions...good stuf!!!!!!
                            LoyalGuard

Comment

I read what you said taxi and i'll agree with a few of the things you said, When i joined TG we had a huge number of players every night and really could break down into 3/4 squads. I reckon if we set a day and time, that is good with every one i reckon we really can start playing arma again, now i think no respawns are great really makes the gameplay better and makes you want to stay alive more, thus keeping it interesting.

I reckon we need some good missions, and a few people to turn up. For me most nights are good i usually get back before 8pm, so for you EST players if you can make it for 5pm than i think it should be good for us brits. How does thursdays sound to you guys.

Also we should load up some new maps maybe, i duno how possible that is, but sahrini is getting boring.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X